Author Topic: The JTF forum  (Read 11868 times)

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: The JTF forum
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 07:01:41 PM »
Easy guys... calm down this is turning into an un needed farce.. just like the "PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis"....   ;)

If anything, it's the sordid bunch of moderators who intend to squeeze the last bit of freedom out of this forum who are turning this place into a farce.

I never applied to be a moderator and I never will.
I'm insulted now just how is it a sordid bunch of moderators. I have been called everything under the sun at one time or another but never sordid.  >:(

If you had nothing to do with the banning of Chaimfan, and you do not support it, then you are not a sordid moderator. My sincerest apology.

ftf

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 07:27:27 PM »
In supporting Chaimfan's attempt's to say that rape is good, I would say that you are the sordid one Trumpeldor.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 07:28:45 PM »
Easy guys... calm down this is turning into an un needed farce.. just like the "PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis"....   ;)

If anything, it's the sordid bunch of moderators who intend to squeeze the last bit of freedom out of this forum who are turning this place into a farce.

I never applied to be a moderator and I never will.
I'm insulted now just how is it a sordid bunch of moderators. I have been called everything under the sun at one time or another but never sordid.  >:(

If you had nothing to do with the banning of Chaimfan, and you do not support it, then you are not a sordid moderator. My sincerest apology.
I didn't know this was an issue until I signed on today however in all honesty  I do think that Chaimfan could loose some of the sexual comentary he gives in some of his posts. I can deal with it and possibly many others on the forum can also but I think we need to see ourselves as outsiders would see  us as visitors to the JTF forum. jeffguy and the moderators are only trying to put a polished face on the forum and  attract some new membership.  How does that make them sordid. The forum is growing when we started it was a small group and we had more freedom to say what we wanted among ourselves. We are now out on YouTube inviting people in to see whats going on here on the JTF Forum. Now we need to run a tighter ship and not turn people off before they even join.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2007, 07:33:34 PM »
In supporting Chaimfan's attempt's to say that rape is good, I would say that you are the sordid one Trumpeldor.

I don't care even if Chaimfan said the world is flat. I am not the one trying to shut him up. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2007, 07:37:54 PM »
I didn't know this was an issue until I signed on today however in all honesty  I do think that Chaimfan could loose some of the sexual comentary he gives in some of his posts. I can deal with it and possibly many others on the forum can also but I think we need to see ourselves as outsiders would see  us as visitors to the JTF forum. jeffguy and the moderators are only trying to put a polished face on the forum and  attract some new membership.  How does that make them sordid. The forum is growing when we started it was a small group and we had more freedom to say what we wanted among ourselves. We are now out on YouTube inviting people in to see whats going on here on the JTF Forum. Now we need to run a tighter ship and not turn people off before they even join.

What you're essentially saying is that Chaimfan's 'extremist' opinions don't count for anything because they could possibly offend future JTF'rs.

My point is that there is not going to be a JTF worth promoting if we ban somebody who has an uncanny ability to put his finger on the nation's political pulse (read his past posts) simply because he has a habit of saying outrageous and possibly offensive things.   

Do you even know the circumstances surrounding his banning, aside from his actual post? Are you aware of the fact that he was insufficiently and ambiguously warned? Are you aware of the fact that he is one of the most-liked posters here? Are you aware of the fact that he was banned in an instant without discussion among the moderators, administrators or Chaim?

Are you aware of the fact that Yacov put up an absurd poll/thread the minute he learned of Chaimfan's banning? What does that say about the cohesiveness of the JTF forum?

What does that say about JTF's ability to handle future disruptions?

Is that fair? Is that right? Is that just? Is that what JTF stands for?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:43:09 PM by Trumpeldor »

ftf

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Even if someone is able to analyse some things in an amazing manner, calling for rape is unacceptable, it is illegal and it is wrong.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 07:52:42 PM by ftf »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2007, 07:48:19 PM »
Even if someone is able to analyse some thing sin an amazing manner, calling for rape is unacceptable, it is illegal and it is wrong.

There was nothing about his post that was illegal. There was no 'incitement' to commit a crime. I defined 'incitement' on another post.

What Chaimfan suggested was that rape was an acceptable act of war, as prescribed by the bible. You may think that the he is wrong, as I do, but who am I or Jeffguy to ban him on that basis?

Jeffguy was not acting like 'the judge' in this instance, but rather as 'the attorney' because of his well-articulated bias against Chaimfan. A responsible moderator would not have done that.

ftf

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2007, 07:54:29 PM »
Even if someone is able to analyse some thing sin an amazing manner, calling for rape is unacceptable, it is illegal and it is wrong.

There was nothing about his post that was illegal. There was no 'incitement' to commit a crime. I defined 'incitement' on another post.

What Chaimfan suggested was that rape was an acceptable act of war, as prescribed by the bible. You may think that the he is wrong, as I do, but who am I or Jeffguy to ban him on that basis?

Jeffguy was not acting like 'the judge' in this instance, but rather as 'the attorney' because of his well-articulated bias against Chaimfan. A responsible moderator would not have done that.
The bible does not call rape an acceptable act of war, I have read the passage he was referring to, and it is a horrendous twisting of it's real meaning to say that it dubs rape as acceptable.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2007, 08:03:08 PM »

The bible does not call rape an acceptable act of war, I have read the passage he was referring to, and it is a horrendous twisting of it's real meaning to say that it dubs rape as acceptable.

Chaimfan is not a Rabbi. If his interpretation of the Torah is wrong, it is our duty to reason with him. Not to ban him.

Certain respected posters on this board have argued that Hurricane Katrina was G-d's wrath or that 9/11 was an 'inside job'. Are we banning them? I think not. Should we ban them? Are these comments somehow less reprehensible than Chaimfan's? I think not.

The moral relativism and double standard has got to stop.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:04:57 PM by Trumpeldor »

ftf

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »
We cannot condone someone saying that rape is a good thing. He has not been permanently banned, this is only a warning.

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2007, 08:06:25 PM »

Quite the contrary Trumpeldor, it's over exaggerated hyperbole like this, which does nothing to promote or help the cause of the Jewish Task Force, and only makes this place look like a rancorous mess.   You have a lot of nerve suggesting that the moderators here are "turning this place into a farce", and even more nerve suggesting that Chaimfan can write whatever "insanity" he pleases, and simply remove whatever is beyond the pale if requested.

I invite you to post these exact sentiments in the Ask JTF thread, because it seems to me that if it doesn't come out of the mouth of Chaim Ben Pesach, you don't care.  And I guarantee you Chaim Ben Pesach won't exactly agree with your position that this board should be the house of insanity, and that we're destroying the board.

You have no respect for the moderators Chaim and Jimmy appointed, fine, but rest assured Chaim Ben Pesach does.
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »
We cannot condone someone saying that rape is a good thing. He has not been permanently banned, this is only a warning.

A warning must proceed a punishment. You don't lock somebody up (albeit for a short time) and call it a warning. ¡Qué hipocresía!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:09:54 PM by Trumpeldor »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2007, 08:08:54 PM »

Quite the contrary Trumpeldor, it's over exaggerated hyperbole like this, which does nothing to promote or help the cause of the Jewish Task Force, and only makes this place look like a rancorous mess.   You have a lot of nerve suggesting that the moderators here are "turning this place into a farce", and even more nerve suggesting that Chaimfan can write whatever "insanity" he pleases, and simply remove whatever is beyond the pale if requested.

I invite you to post these exact sentiments in the Ask JTF thread, because it seems to me that if it doesn't come out of the mouth of Chaim Ben Pesach, you don't care.  And I guarantee you Chaim Ben Pesach won't exactly agree with your position that this board should be the house of insanity, and that we're destroying the board.

You have no respect for the moderators Chaim and Jimmy appointed, fine, but rest assured Chaim Ben Pesach does.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I posted my support for Chaimfan on the ASK JTF thread 1/2 hour ago. 

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2007, 08:12:35 PM »
Easy guys... calm down this is turning into an un needed farce.. just like the "PLO/Hamas Arab Muslim Nazis"....   ;)

Yes, if we're not careful, we can end up splintering into the Taskforce for Jews  ;)

Those of you who saw Monty Python's "Life of Brian" would probably get this, having to do with the Peoples Front of Judea being called the Judean Peoples Front. Doesn't real life seem to imitate that phenonemon just so much? Especially with Jews!  :laugh:

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2007, 08:13:14 PM »
Trumpeldor,

I don't feel any particular way so there's no need for an apology.   It is you who feels that the moderators personally appointed by Chaim and Jimmy are destroying this forum, and it is you who feels that this board should be a no holds bar forum where any post is permissible as long as it is edited or deleted upon request.   

Again, I ask you to post both these sentiments in the next ASK JTF thread, and have Chaim personally address you on these points. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2007, 08:16:13 PM »
Trumpeldor,

I don't feel any particular way so there's no need for an apology.   It is you who feels that the moderators personally appointed by Chaim and Jimmy are destroying this forum, and it is you who feels that this board should be a no holds bar forum where any post is permissible as long as it is edited or deleted upon request.   

Again, I ask you to post both these sentiments in the next ASK JTF thread, and have Chaim personally address you on these points. 

In general, I don't believe the moderators are destroying the forum. When it comes to the Chaimfan situation, I believe they are setting a dangerous precedent: that any poster, regardless of past contributions, can be banned without adequate warning, by a single moderator, without approval from Yacov or Jimmy, for an inflammatory comment that could have easily been handled behind the scenes.

It is the way in which this was handled by the moderators that opens you all to criticism.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »
In general, I don't believe the moderators are destroying the forum.

Trumpeldor,

You've stated on this forum that the moderators are turning this board into a "farce" -- your words, not mine.  And you have posted nothing similar to that in the ASK JTF thread, nor have you told Chaim you believe all posts, regardless of content, should be allowed -- again, your words, not mine.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:22:26 PM by Until Shiloh Comes »

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2007, 08:23:29 PM »
In general, I don't believe the moderators are destroying the forum.

Trumpeldor,

You've stated on this forum that the moderators are turning this board into a "farce" -- your words, not mine.  And you have posted nothing similar to that in the ASK JTF thread, nor have you told Chaim you believe all posts, regardless of content, should be allowed -- again, your words, not mine.

I will do so right now.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2007, 08:30:48 PM »
Trumpeldor,

You may want to write precisely what you wrote earlier which certainly wasn't what you wrote in the ASK JTF thread.  What you wrote was "the sordid bunch of moderators who intend to squeeze the last bit of freedom out of this forum who are turning this place into a farce", and softening that statement for Chaim only proves that your realize how degrading such a statement is, since Ben Pesach and Sullivan themselves appointed the mods here.

I also want you to request that all posts be allowed on this forum regardless of content or "insanity" as you stated earlier. 

Let's get Chaim's opinion on both of your sentiments as expressed. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:48 PM »
You can ask him that if you want.

(Trumpeldor I apologize, I accidently edited your post while trying to reply.)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:47:19 PM by Until Shiloh Comes »

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2007, 08:46:27 PM »
Not a distortion at all, and I invite you to copy and paste the exact sentiment you posted which was: "I think Chaimfan should have the right to say whatever insane thing pops into his head."   

While your at it, be sure to mention that you accused dawntreader of being an "accessory to a crime."   

Your quite bold on these forums, Trumpeldor, but not quite as bold in the Ask JTF thread.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2007, 08:47:10 PM »
Not a distortion at all, and I invite you to copy and paste the exact sentiment you posted which was: "I think Chaimfan should have the right to say whatever insane thing pops into his head."   

While your at it, be sure to mention that you accused dawntreader of being an "accessory to a crime."   

Your quite bold on these forums, Trumpeldor, but not quite as bold in the Ask JTF thread.

By the way, if Jimmy reads those quotes and tells me to stop, I will respect that. Perhaps I will be fortunate enough to get a warning before I am summarily booted.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 08:49:07 PM by Trumpeldor »

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Trumpeldor,

That was an accident.  I'm sorry about that.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2007, 11:15:40 PM »
It is 11:14 PM on Friday Evening.

Still no Chaimfan.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2007, 12:10:37 AM »
I think if Chaim himself would be more active on this forum, things would be different. How can this forum reflect him if he never comes on. We have moderators who think that they are cleopatra jefferson. I have personally met three of the moderators in person and those happen not to be  the  who are wattering down this forum. If Chaim himself knew about this, Chaimfan would be immediately reinstated and the moderators would be banned. It's not cute to ban someone and unless someone says somethng that Chaim Ben Pesach himself would not approve, no banning is neccesary.
I am urinating on a Koran.