Author Topic: Jesse Jackson says Dan Gilbert treated LeBron James like a "runaway slave."  (Read 724 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/07/12/2010-07-12_lebron_like_slave_to_cavs_owner_sez_jesse.html

Jesse Jackson slams Cavaliers' owner Dan Gilbert for treating LeBron James like a 'runaway slave'
By Bill Hutchinson
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, July 12th 2010, 4:00 AM

The Rev. Jesse Jackson blasted the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers Sunday for treating Miami-bound LeBron James like a "runaway slave."

The civil rights leader slammed owner Dan Gilbert for calling James "disloyal" and "a coward" in an open letter to Cavaliers fans.

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," Jackson told The Associated Press. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave-master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

Moments after James, 25, who was born and raised in Ohio, announced in a hour-long ESPN special Thursday that he was going to South Florida, Gilbert ripped his former franchise player.

"You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal," Gilbert told Cleveland's long-suffering fans on the Cavaliers Web site.

Gilbert called James "narcissistic" and "heartless." He even put a hex on the two-time NBA MVP, writing "the self-declared former 'King' will be taking the 'curse' with him down South."

Jackson described Gilbert's lambasting of James as "mean, arrogant and presumptuous" - and an insult to NBA players who choose to exercise their labor rights.

"LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert's plantation and be demeaned," Jackson said. "He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the state of Ohio and the United States."

Gilbert could not be reached for comment Sunday.

To the nth degree,   Jesse Jackson remains a racist,  hypocrite,   and opportunist.   

eb22

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Gilbert basically allowed LeBron to run the franchise. Of course all slave owners allowed their slaves to run the plantation.

Jesse Jackson is just a dumb niggger.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Wow.  Just wow.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
oh jesse....

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
It's ashame Jackson has to bring up race issues which took no part in this incident.

But anyway I think Gilbert revenge letter was petty and unprofessional.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
It's ashame Jackson has to bring up race issues which took no part in this incident.

The way lebron acted was petty and unprofessional.   The nba  is petty and unprofessional.  It has become a cheap entertainment business.  But I still think lebron deserved something like that for the way he acted.  The people in Cleveland almost unanimously hate his guts and they are burning his jersey.  The owner gave them a voice.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member

The way lebron acted was petty and unprofessional.   The nba  is petty and unprofessional.  It has become a cheap entertainment business.  But I still think lebron deserved something like that for the way he acted.  The people in Cleveland almost unanimously hate his guts and they are burning his jersey.  The owner gave them a voice.
I think it is fair to expect more from Gilbert, since he has at least graduated from 9th grade.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
What slave would get paid $14.4 million a year? 

(Which, by the way, comes to getting paid $39,452 EACH DAY!!)

If that's what being treated like a runaway slave means, then PLEASE TREAT ME LIKE A RUNAWAY SLAVE!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 06:44:39 PM by IsraelForever »