Author Topic: The 'Woman' is at it again  (Read 634 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The 'Woman' is at it again
« on: July 12, 2010, 10:40:28 AM »
I love women but I do believe that there should be separation while davening, and especially while davening at the Kotel. I dont know why these feminists feel the need to desecrate the sanctity of the Holy site but this article disgusts me.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138556

Woman Uses Torah Scroll to Wail at the Law at Western Wall

Woman activist Anat Hoffman managed to make the news again Monday, returning to the Western Wall (Kotel) and holding a holy scroll in violation of a High Court order recognizing acceptable behavior at the religious site.

Head of the “Woman of the Wall Movement’” that campaigns for “equality” between men and women, Hoffman again was arrested, rejecting the traditional separation between men and women at the Western Wall. A High Court order allows women to conduct their own prayer services at a section of the Southern Wall that is considered as having the same holiness.

Hoffman was barred from the Western Wall for 30 days and was ordered to pay a fine of 5,000 shekels ($1,300). The women’s group behind the provocation insisted that she was only holding the Torah scroll as her group sang on the way to the Robinson’s Arch area at the Southern Wall. The women claimed they did not violate the court order prohibiting women from reading from the Torah at the Wall.

Western Wall Rabbi Shmuel Rabinowitz called Hoffman’s act part of "a fanatical political struggle of an extremist group” and added that the holy site is a place of unity and should not be "a place of polarization, especially on the first day of the Nine Days before Tisha B'Av, when our Holy Temple destroyed because of internal hatred."

The Conservative “Masoriti” movement responded with its slogan that the entire site “belongs to the entire nation,” although women pray every day immediately adjacent to the men at the Western Wall, where a head-level barrier divides them in order to maintain modesty and preserve suitable behavior at the holy site.

Hoffman was arrested last November on the first day of a Hebrew month—as on Monday—for violating court-approved rules of decorum by trying to read from the Torah.

Rabbi Avi Shafran, director of public affairs for Agudath Israel of America, wrote in Israel National News earlier this year, “People of all faiths and of all degrees of Jewish observance are welcome at the Western Wall. They are expected to respect the feelings of those who pray there constantly and behave accordingly. 

"Those who are unhappy with the Israeli Supreme Court’s 2003 decision [to apportion a special area at Robinson’s Arch, for women to chant at feminist religious services decision] have the right to their unhappiness. But if they choose instead to intentionally flout the law, they should honestly acknowledge that they are courting prosecution through civil disobedience – not seek to portray themselves as innocent victims wondering what they might possibly have done wrong…..

“People of all faiths are welcome at the Kotel – as they should be. Out of respect, though, for the Jewish historical and spiritual connection to the place, public services there respect a single standard of decorum.”
(IsraelNationalNews.com)
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The 'Woman' is at it again
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 11:57:13 AM »
From what it sounds, that kookoo woman acted inappropriately.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
Tragic.  Does she wear a black coat and a black hat now too?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
If the other section they're allowed at has the same holiness then I don't see the problem. It sounds like the purpose of this is to stir up strife and ruin other people's prayers.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:18 PM »
Why do so many people have to ruin "traditions"?!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:11:49 PM »
I bet she would not interrupt an Islamic service.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
 >:(