Should Lubab get the job?

Yes.
11 (78.6%)
No.
1 (7.1%)
I'm not sure.
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Wanted: Torah Expert For Moderator of Torah and Jewish Idea  (Read 3721 times)

admin

JTF is looking for a religious Orthodox Jewish Torah scholar to be the moderator of The Torah and Jewish Idea Section.

Apply here.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Wanted: Torah Expert For Moderator of Torah and Jewish Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 01:11:48 PM »
Does a scholar moderate the hebrew forums Torah section?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 01:12:38 PM »
I knew 'Sarah' was a Rabbi
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:32:33 PM »
I'm religious and Orthodox but I'm not a Torah scholar.  Too bad. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 11:33:36 AM »
Wow....  :-[ I'm very touched and embarrased. Thank you Yaakov and those who voted for me.

A few things you should know: 1. I have very little extra time. (is it a very active section?) 2. I'm not so good with advanced computer technology. 3. I don't think of myself as a "Torah Scholar" at all-although I do have Semicha so maybe that counts for something.
4. My Rebbe is the Lubavitcher Rebbe, not Rabbi Kahane, though I have a great deal of respect for Rabbi Kahane.

So see if you still think it's a good idea after knowing that.

Thanks again. You guys are great.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 04:36:31 PM by lubab »
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 05:07:52 PM »
I VOTED YES BUT ONLY IF SARAH DOES'NT TAKE IT ;D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 05:11:34 PM »
Perhaps you might make contact with Www.AskMoses.Com and see if one of their Orthodox Torah Scholors/Rabbis to take part on this forum answering questions and participating...  just a thought...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 05:18:21 PM »
But they probably wouldn't like JTF.

Still, it's worth a go

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2007, 05:21:02 PM »
But they probably wouldn't like JTF.
You never know.  My Rabbi is Chabud and he was in agreement with Rabbi Kahane.  Orthodox Rabbis are supposed to help Jews no matter whether they are "right" or "left" wing.  It might be worth a try by sending an email introducing yourself stating that your position on a rather Large Orthodox Jewish site and wish to know if there are any learned scholors that might enjoy the challenge to partake in the forum to answer questions on Torah/Talmud from an Orthodox perspective...
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 11:01:36 PM »
Cool.  We actually got a Rabbi.
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD