Author Topic: Can someone please tell me who sings this Hebrew Song and the name of the song.  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
I remember this song from Hebrew School.  I like this song and this particular singer, please fill me in.  Thanks!

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
She sings this song really pretty.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
It's kinda weird, you can like a song, and not understand a word of it. 

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Duh,

This is Adon Olam... One of my favorites...

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=adon+olam&aq=f

Duh to yourself, thanks for the info though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Duh,

Im sorry for that... I didn't mean that everyone should know it.. But it is recited every Shabbat during the davening..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

http://www.jewishmag.com/135mag/adon_olam/adon_olam.htm
Adon Olam

By Menachem Mendelsohn

One of the most beautiful and moving poems that is included in our liturgy is the Adon Olam. This poem turned prayer is normally said in the morning prior to the required prayers. Its author remains a mystery; some ascribe it to Rav Sheirirah Goan or Rav Hai Goan, (10th century Babylon) and others ascribe it to Solomon ibn Gairol, (11th century Spain). None the less, it became a part of the daily prayers in about the 15th century.

The Adon Olam contains many basic fundamental Jewish beliefs in a very brief form. In it, we proclaim the unity of G-d as the creator of the universe and all that is in it. He is the active manipulator of our world and destiny and it is to Him we give our trust.

Adon Olam (Master of the World)

The Master of the World reigned before anything was created,

From the moment that all was created according to His desire, it was then that He was called the King,

And after all everything ceases to exist He will still reign alone,

He was, He is and He will be in all glory, 1

He is one and there is no other, none compare to him.

He has no beginnings and no end, all power and dominion is His,

He is my G-d, my life and redeemer, my fortress in times of distress,

He is my aid and in Him is my refuge and my portion on the day that I call,

Into His hand I entrust my soul when I lie down to sleep and when I awake,

And with my spirit in my body, G-d is with me, I shall not fear.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Duh,

Im sorry for that... I didn't mean that everyone should know it.. But it is recited every Shabbat during the davening..

Who is the female singer, I like her version

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Duh,

I must admit that I am not familiar with her voice... It is a good version no doubt... It may be difficult to deduce who it is without help from the person who posted the video though... So many Jewish artists have done versions of this song.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Other interesting versions:

With a Pink Floyd Twist :

Dudu Fisher sings Adon Olam :

Subliminal & Miri Ben Ari's Adon Olam :

Boy Choir Singing Adon Olam for last Rosh Hashana :

Acapella Adon Olam :

Barbershop Quartet Singing Adon Olam :

6 Cantors Singing Adon Olam :

Psy Trance Version of Adon Olam :

Salsa Version of Adon Olam :
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 11:17:03 PM by muman613 »

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Duh,

I don't know and she probably just a local unknown performer. But the composer of this version is the renowned Uzi Hitman z"l.