Author Topic: Arizona Police Officer Calls Immigration Law ‘Racist’  (Read 1262 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Arizona Police Officer Calls Immigration Law ‘Racist’
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:03:52 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/arizona-police-officer-calls-immigration-law-racist-19902317/

A Phoenix police officer is currently under investigation after posting an online video where he publicly condemns Arizona’s controversial new immigration law.

"This law will make me feel like a Nazi out there," said Officer Paul Dobson, a 20-year veteran of the force. "I have a great deal of contempt for it… I’m very emotional about it. This law is pure and simple a racist law."

He added that the law may deter illegal immigrants or people of Hispanic origin from reporting crimes.

Dobson is the target of an internal investigation due to the fact that he did not ask for his supervisor’s permission to air his comments publicly.

The three-minute video was produced by the Brave New Foundation, a California-based non-profit organization. The group requested statements from all state officials who will be impacted by the new law, and Dobson was the only one to respond, according to The Arizona Republic.

Meanwhile, the Arizona Latino Republican Association (ALRA) filed a motion on Thursday to support Arizona’s new law and officially denounce the Justice Department’s lawsuit against the state, according to Fox News.

The ALRA’s challenge of the federal government’s case marks the first time that a Hispanic organization has publicly supported the law, which is scheduled to go into effect on July 29.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Arizona Police Officer Calls Immigration Law ‘Racist’
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:58 PM »
I might sound a bit out of the loop but I do oppose detaining someone based on their physical appearance for a few reasons, if someone is illegally here, then they do need to be kicked out.

Number of years ago, my family went on a cruise in 1998 to Cozumel and Mexico, my dad had a dark complexion with black hair and moustache and dark eyes so he was mistaken a lot as being Hispanic. When our ship docked in Miami (the ship was Carnival Destiny), the coast guard would not let my dad off the ship because they assumed based on appearance that he was an illegal alien from Mexico that had snuck on the ship as there had been some reports of illegals that did get on the ship without authorization and checked his ID and harassed him. It was very embarassing and would never support a law that goes after someone because of a physical appearance which one has no control over.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Arizona Police Officer Calls Immigration Law ‘Racist’
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:13:31 AM »
I might sound a bit out of the loop but I do oppose detaining someone based on their physical appearance for a few reasons, if someone is illegally here, then they do need to be kicked out.

Number of years ago, my family went on a cruise in 1998 to Cozumel and Mexico, my dad had a dark complexion with black hair and moustache and dark eyes so he was mistaken a lot as being Hispanic. When our ship docked in Miami (the ship was Carnival Destiny), the coast guard would not let my dad off the ship because they assumed based on appearance that he was an illegal alien from Mexico that had snuck on the ship as there had been some reports of illegals that did get on the ship without authorization and checked his ID and harassed him. It was very embarassing and would never support a law that goes after someone because of a physical appearance which one has no control over.

I agree with what your saying though Jan Brewer did sign an executive order forbidding racial profiling when she signed that law into effect.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt