Author Topic: Cell phones  (Read 857 times)

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
Cell phones
« on: July 29, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
Do you think it's ok to have and carry a cell phone with a cam? I ask it because many people use them in an unethical way by taking photos without the permission of the person and upload them to the web. Even if I don't intend to use it that way, since the Shulchan Aruch says it's forbidden to keep a payed debt note even if not intended to use it twice, I think it might be forbidden to have an item that would enable me to do something wrong, thus forcing others to depend on my honesty. My old cell phone, which allows only callings and text messages is wron out and I have to change it. I was thinking of buying a more modern and sophisticated one, but I doubt about that point.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Cell phones
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 02:54:43 AM »
You can also use it to tape traffic-accidents, muslims/frankenstein accidents, cops-gone-bad/arab nazis-gone-policeforce, crime and other distortions of nature.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 03:13:39 AM »
You can also use it to tape traffic-accidents, muslims/frankenstein accidents, cops-gone-bad/arab nazis-gone-policeforce, crime and other distortions of nature.

So you mean its good or bad? It's true that it might be usefull to tape a crime and help justice. It can even discourage criminals if they see many people with cell phones w/cam.
But some people would not allow a person to enter some places with a cam, but would allow a cell w/cam just because it'd be a problem to incommunicate the owner by asking him to leave his cell outside. Wouldn't it be a form of "theft", like taking his permission in that way?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:52:29 AM »
My cell phone has a camera but I rarely use it.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 08:25:39 AM »
The phone I currently have has a camcorder but its not that good. My next phone will have a higher quality camcorder a lot of these new smart phones have excellent camcorders that can shoot video very good outside. The new apple iphone 4 has a good camcorder but I hate apple.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »

So you mean its good or bad? It's true that it might be usefull to tape a crime and help justice. It can even discourage criminals if they see many people with cell phones w/cam.
But some people would not allow a person to enter some places with a cam, but would allow a cell w/cam just because it'd be a problem to incommunicate the owner by asking him to leave his cell outside. Wouldn't it be a form of "theft", like taking his permission in that way?

There is nothing wrong with having a phone with a camera, it's the way you use it that is important. But regarding the way you asked the question, I suggest you consult a rightwing rabbi.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:25:38 AM »
I do not understand your comparison of a Cellphone camera to a Debt note... Is that a valid analogy? I believe that the bad uses of the camera are only if the camera is used for an illicit purpose. I don't know if anyone else has asked a question like this...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:58:06 AM »

I'm getting a cell phone with a built in 8MP camera and a built in 1.3MP camera.
And a 4.2 in touch screen.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 10:05:16 AM »

I'm getting a cell phone with a built in 8MP camera and a built in 1.3MP camera.

My Geert Wilders video's are taped with a 5mp camera. The result is reasonable, but 8mp should be much better.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 06:26:16 PM »
I do not understand your comparison of a Cellphone camera to a Debt note... Is that a valid analogy? I believe that the bad uses of the camera are only if the camera is used for an illicit purpose. I don't know if anyone else has asked a question like this...

I believe that the reason to forbid keeping a cancelled debt note is that, even if we don't intend to claim the money again, we are violating a security measure that ensures our neighbours right, Because if we keep it, he depends only on our good will. So the same would apply to keeping a copy of the keys to his house, even if we don't intend to use it. Since some persons would not allow me entering his home, institution or office with a cam, or a recorder as a security measure to protect his privacy, but would, perhaps unwittingly allow me to use a cell phone with cam and recorder, just becasuse it's unpolite and quite a problem to ask me to leave the cell outside, I thought that he might be somehow forced to drop a security measure and relying only on my good will. Thence I found an analogy.
But, since other cams are generally carried in the streets and public places, and have also a potential to be misused, and the question has never arisen, I imag¡ine that's it's quite unlikely to be a problem with cells. Especially since I nearly never enter a place where cams are forbidden.

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 07:39:44 PM »

My Geert Wilders video's are taped with a 5mp camera. The result is reasonable, but 8mp should be much better.

nice.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774