Author Topic: Being from Italian heritage, I can take it, humor about and of Italians. watch  (Read 729 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!

I think personal humor is good about ourselves. 
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
What do you think of the "Jersey Shore" show? Do you watch it?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
No i haven't, so I can't comment on it.  However I don't watch "new" shows to begin with. I would like to see though as with Jews, to have tv shows or comedy to show the contribution that was brought to America and the greatness they built for this country.  But if one is an Italian comedian and he or she  takes personal stab to Italian culture, if it is funny enough well then I do enjoy it.  A bit of a laugh at ourselves is good, if its mindless stereotype out of viciousness though is something else.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
Master Wolf and other Italians, do you find the following joke offensive?

-What is the difference between an Italian and Jewish mother?

-An Italian mother says to her child (adopt an Italian accent): "If you aren't gonna finish the food on your plate, I'm gonna kill you!"

-A Jewish mother says to her child (adopt a New York Jewish accent): "If you aren't gonna finish the food on your plate, I'm gonna kill myself!"

I, personally, don't think that this joke is offensive either to Jews or to Italians, but just pokes gentle fun at them. But I would like to hear it from an Italian.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Masha that joke is a good one  :::D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Pat Cooper one of the best comedians around :::D :::D :::D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
All the Italians on tv today are stereotyped as "guidos" and guidettes", who are obsessed with their hair, bodies, partying and tan, a.k.a Jersey Shore.  There is also a new reality show on Spike tv called "Scrappers" about some Italian guys that own a scrap yard in Brooklyn, but it also caters to your typical "guido" stereotypes.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I am talking about stand up comics.. Pat Cooper is an Italian and he talks about personal things that many Italians go through that is humor..The "Guido" is not humor. I make jokes a lot about Italians its humor.  Pat Cooper once said you can tell the difference between an Italian from Italy and an Italian from America, the one in Italy is the one with the purple feet.  I find nothing offensive about that

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
I saw Pat Cooper in person.  He was hilarious.

I wouldn't waste my time watching 5 seconds of the Jersey Shore.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I saw Pat Cooper in person.  He was hilarious.

I wouldn't waste my time watching 5 seconds of the Jersey Shore.

true Pat Cooper is a great comedian the fools from Jersey shore just got lucky by acting foolish
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Pat is the man