Author Topic: Help needed from somebody familiar with WTC area.  (Read 415 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
Help needed from somebody familiar with WTC area.
« on: August 16, 2010, 03:19:32 PM »
There was an earlier JTF post that included this link of an aerial shot of the proposed mosque location vs the former WTC site.  I'm not familiar with NYC, and the straight-down photo doesn't reveal the elevations of the remaining nearby buildings.  On several occasions, I've read that this mosque will be umpteen stories in height.  If the Muslims follow their usual pattern, I can only guess that umpteen stories was chosen not due to $ or usefulness, but to make this mosque the largest, most visible building in the area.  And so, that area of NYC will go from being dominated by the WTC to being dominated by that mosque.

Am I correct in that guess?  I really would like to hear from somebody who knows that area.

And if so, then how can anybody doubt that this is the latest example of Islam building on a site of a conquest, a finger in our collective eyes?

http://www.aipnews.com/talk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=16201&posts=1

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Help needed from somebody familiar with WTC area.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:50 AM »
The former Burlington coat factory faces south, kind of facing the wtc.

The former dept store had five upper levels of customer accessible shopping space for coats, suits, shirts, hats, sweaters, etc... and I think one level down (basement) for leather jackets.
It had some elevators, but mostly stairs and one very slow elevator.
almost the same size is their warehouse.

it looks like a four story building, but it does have a five level.

the building is between two office buildings and a parking lot.
a few stores east is tents-n-trails camping store.
two stores west (street corner) is something else which I forget. probably a pizza place. ten years ago so I forgot. Now it's an over-priced buffet.

once inside, i think it actually spans more than one building.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 01:23:30 AM »
The landing gear from one of the jet crashed into the old Burlington.  The whole thing is beyond an atrocity. The worst part are these coward tail tucking pigs like Bloomberg doesn't seem to want to budge. In just 10 years.  Funny they dragged feet all these years to put a memorial up but can hop in an instant to put this disgrace up.. It is a slap in the face and I spoke to people who they lost loved ones in those towers.  They are beyond outraged.

I won't curse but you have no idea how badly I want to about all of this. I am so fed up from this city and state.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
This horrendous issue of an Apostate Mosque at Hallowed Ground makes me fighting mad!   I think of what people went through jumping out of buildings to escape the fires, knowing they were doomed.  The brave-courageous Firemen and Police officers going up flights of stairs to rescue people, coming to doom theirselves when the second plane hit the towers, the heroism of ordinary citizens in the towers to rescue one another, and the impact on New Yorkers who had never seen an atrocity like this will forever be remembered for their Heroism and sacrifice.    This opens the wounds and starts a fight that Islam will not be prepared for.  In remembrance to innocent souls who did not deserve to die, and were deliberately murdered, Never Never Give up! Fight till there is not one ounze of strength left!