Author Topic: No more GMT - Islamics to usurp time itself: "Mecca Mean Time"  (Read 1718 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Nothing is more precious than time.

And that the Ishmaelites are attempting to usurp it from the Edomites, by changing from GMT "Greenwich Mean Time" to MMT "Mecca Mean Time" is highly symbolically Kabbalistically significant
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/saudiarabia/7937123/Giant-Mecca-clock-seeks-to-call-time-on-Greenwich.html

The Chazon Ish said that everything should be YMT "Yerushalayim Mean Time", which it will be in the future!

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:06:12 PM by wonga66 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: No more GMT - Islamics to usurp time itself: "Mecca Mean Time"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »

Corn on the

Kaabb

;D
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 12:31:20 AM »
Someone ought to fly a UAV loaded with a MOAB into this hideous abomination next 9/11.  Ding-dong!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 02:25:16 AM »
They may use whatever time they want. But very few people know that GMT is in danger because International Communications Union wants to abolish leap seconds. Leap seconds are meant to keep atomic time with astronomical mean time which is sometimes irregular due to small variations in Earth rotation. A leap secomd is added or substracted from UTC measured by atomic clocks when the difference comes close to one second. The adjustement is generally done on June 30th or December 31st. If this is abolished, mean meridian will shift gradually and civil time will no longer be tied to astronomy.
We must defend GMT for practical reasons. Atomic time without correction poses a problem for amateur astronomers.
Now, when did the Chason Ish live, and what is his argument to use "Jerusalem Mean time"? In fact, mean time is a scientifical invention to keep time by clocks of uniform speed because real sundial time fluctuate throgh the year. And the use of " x city mean time" instead of local mean time is an even newer scientifical invention to keep a reference and have the same time in a given territory. I doubt Jerusalem Mean Time would have any relevance in Hallacha.
In fact, shortly after establishing the rule of each country having the mean time of its capital, it was decided to use a world reference and countries would have either that world reference meridian time or a difference of entire hours. Three spots were proposed to be Merdian 0: Jersusalem, Paris and Greenwich. Greenwich was approved out of the three in 1885. It was the most practical because the date change line would pass through relatively unpopulated regions of the Pacific Ocean , thus allowing America, Europe, Africa and Asia and Oceania to have the same date.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »
Now, regarding that Saudi Clock, the article says that it will show GMT +3 (Saudi Standard Time). Mecca is 39º 49' E. So they are still based on Greenwich. If it were really Mecca Mean Time it would be GMT+ 2:39:16.
If they really adopted that weird time, I would be glad since it would quite isolate them and those who follow that time. Their world influence would be quite diminished. Every Arab country would have either Mecca Time or Mecca plus or munius entire hours. So they would always have a problematic fraction. It would be good.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 07:05:33 AM »
Bye Bye Edom

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:39 AM »
By 2100-2150, when the world's Muslim population will be 3 billion, and the western White nations will be almost extinct, the Islamics could well make a coup de main time change.

Hopefully before then, Moshiach will have come, and we Jews will be benignly running the world under his leadership, and everyone really will set their clocks by YMT!

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 07:28:39 AM »

They said "centre of earth".
I agree. I think all muslims should be in the centre of  earth.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
I find many incongruencies in many members here. On one side they side too much with the West and want to involve the Jewish People in issues that are not incumbent to them thus harming Jews for the sake of Gentile civilizations. On the other side the call Westerners Edom and spread hate.
Jerusalem Time (don't know if mean time, real solar time, or seasonal time, noon is nearly the same using seasonal hours-Shaot Zemaniyot- or real solar time) was used to determine Hebrew New Months by the Sanhedrin and is still used in the formula to determine Rosh Hashanah. But even if the world shifted to Jerusalem instead of Greenwich, legal time for a time zone has no relevance in Hallacha. Hallachic times, both for those mitzvot that go by Shaot Zemaniyot and those which goby equal hours, are governed by local time, not by a time zone.
So, what's wrong with using GMT plus or minus n hours as a civil reference for time zones, if time zone is anyway only valid for central meridian and it's only conventional on the rest of the zone?

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:21 AM »
But how you know that Corn is called Mecca in many Indian languages.

They eat Mecca fry, Mecca roasted, Mecca boiled, Mecca crushed and Mecca powdered etc.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 11:12:57 AM »
Either GMT or YMT.

MMT means meaningless mean time.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2010, 11:26:06 AM »
Either GMT or YMT.

MMT means meaningless mean time.

I would use Mecca Mean Time or Mecca Solar Time, or Mecca Roman Historical Time only in case of being by chance standing at Mecca. ( as I use all those different times regarding the coordinates of the spot where my seat is located in front of my PC)
But that project is misleading and aimed at ignorant people. Mecca Mean Time is GMT +2:39:16 (not GMT+3 as they claim)