Author Topic: Clinton Denies Attempting To Keep Sestak Out Of Senate Race  (Read 953 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Clinton Denies Attempting To Keep Sestak Out Of Senate Race
« on: August 18, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/clinton-denies-attempting-to-keep-sestak-out-of-senate-race-2-19924885/

Former President Bill Clinton made an appearance last week at a Pennsylvania-area high school to lend his support to Democratic Senate nominee Joe Sestak—the same man that he allegedly asked to drop out of the state’s primary election to make way for incumbent Senator Arlen Specter (D-Pa.).

At the request of the White House, Clinton allegedly attempted to persuade Sestak to accept an unpaid presidential advisory position rather than run for the veteran senator’s seat, according to a publicly-released Federal memorandum. Sestak rebuffed the former president and went on to defeat Specter, who is a well-known Obama ally.

However, Clinton recently contradicted the White House’s report—as well as Sestak’s own account of their meeting—by denying that he ever made such an offer.

Clinton refuted the allegations three separate times when he was asked by a reporter why he was campaigning for Sestak after he previously attempted to end the nominee’s candidacy, according to Fox News.

"I wasn’t," said Clinton. "I didn’t try to get him out of the race. I wasn’t even accused of that."

With the November elections only a few months away, the former president has spent the last week actively campaigning for several Democrats.

"Give us two more years, and if we’re wrong, send us packing," said Clinton at one such rally. "Don’t elect the shovel brigade, keep electing the builders."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt