Author Topic: Christopher Hitchens dying of cancer  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
Christopher Hitchens dying of cancer
« on: August 19, 2010, 10:25:53 AM »

How do you people feel about him?

He supports Israel and bombing Iran, but for the wrong reasons and is for a so-called Palestinian state.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:06:00 PM by Maimonides »
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Christopher Hitchens dying of cancer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28:06 AM »
I saw this news last week... I was waiting for someone to comment about it...

I think this is an appropriate test for this kind of heretic..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:38:29 AM »
I will thank HaShem when he dies. He is the most anti religion critic out there. Much like Mill Maher he will go after Jews and Christians but he won't touch Islam.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 10:55:32 AM »
Apparently, despite his name Christopher, he may Halachically be Jewish!

As long as a man is still alive, he may yet repent.

If Hitchens used his talents to renounce his atheism, and became a theist, or even a partly observant Jew, he may yet redeem himself and get his Olam Haba.

As for him 'dying', with modern cancer therapies, cancers which until a few years a go would have killed a person within months, can now be endured for years, decades even.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 11:08:23 AM »
HE DOES ATTACK ISLAM
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32:47 PM »
HE DOES ATTACK ISLAM

Indeed, he does.

I feel bad for the guy.  He knows very little yet professes to know much.   His attacks on Judaism are laughable at best.   He seems to have just equated all things as alternate versions of Islam when really his attacks are fitting for Islam but not other religions he attacks.   He actually makes a mockery out of the atheists, yet he's somewhat humorous, and sometimes wipes the floor with not-so-smart Jews who engage in debates with him without much knowledge themselves.   I don't wish him any harm, and I'm sad to see him suffering.  I never viewed him as a threat but more of a humorous celebrity-like personality who was almost like a walking joke.   That said, if he supports a fakestinian state, what more can be said about this guy than the fact that he is just another brainwashed liberal who doesn't think for himself and trots out the PC trite garbage as dogma?    Still, I don't think he's a nazi and sad to see him with this disease.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »
This guy made it his business to lead people astray from Hashem. I curse him with the rest of the heretics and deniers...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »
This guy made it his business to lead people astray from Hashem. I curse him with the rest of the heretics and deniers...

But he doesn't even know what he's talking about (regarding Judaism).   A real heretic has an expert knowledge and turns his back on the Jewish people and G-d.   This guy was raised with deformism and knows nothing.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 04:08:36 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »
He should strive for teshuvah.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 05:40:02 PM »
Guys, I have never heard him utter a bad word about Judaism in particular--ever.  His criticism is strongly, and aggressively directed towards Islamic Mullahs and countries that despise the West.  He has GLORIOUSLY beaten the pulp out of people like George Galloway, Yimach Schemo Vezichro.  he may be an atheist, but in this universe, he is very much a defender of Jewish people's right to live free from terror

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 06:38:48 PM »
Here Shmuley Boteach debates Hitchens

Hitchens is an atheist, which is inexcusable; but he makes some points on other subjects.

Boteach, also makes some good points. But he also is full of crap on other subjects.

Both these fellows think they're clever: they have sky-high opinions of themselves, love their own voices, and are overrated. 

The difference with those like R.Kahane and Chaim, is that they are such idealogues, that they have no ego!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:43:57 PM by wonga66 »

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 07:11:09 PM »
How is he worse than Katy Perry or Vanessa Hudgens, yimach schmam?

I don't think that average American teens will be tempted to become atheists just because of this old, bald guy. On the other hand, they face bombardment from all sides to become whores/players.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 07:12:45 PM »
Here Shmuley Boteach debates Hitchens

Hitchens is an atheist, which is inexcusable; but he makes some points on other subjects.

Boteach, also makes some good points. But he also is full of crap on other subjects.

Both these fellows think they're clever: they have sky-high opinions of themselves, love their own voices, and are overrated. 

Good points.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 07:15:53 PM »
"Rabbi" Boteach is scum of the earth. If being Michael Jackson's "rabbi" wasn't bad enough, he proudly defends homosexuality and attacks those who speak the truth about it. He is desecrating Judaism.

Shmuley's life isn't worth the hangnail on a militant atheist.

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 07:27:04 PM »
Boteach is still basically, albeit wayward, a Lubavitcher, and if Hitchens http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_hitchens really is Jewish, I can see Boteach using his winning personality to get the arch-atheist to say "Shema Yisrael" on his death bed, in a blaze of publicity, which might be good.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

Yes 100% Jewish or not this guy is a Rasha an evil person
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
How is being an honest atheist worse than claiming to be religious and espousing evil things like Boteach does?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »
I just read the cancer has mets to his lymph nodes and lungs.  This is really terrible.  We need his voice against the Islamization of the West.  One does not have to agree with him to know that he has a superior intellect and can demolish the apologists of Jihad

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2010, 09:03:59 PM »
I just read the cancer has mets to his lymph nodes and lungs.  This is really terrible.  We need his voice against the Islamization of the West.  One does not have to agree with him to know that he has a superior intellect and can demolish the apologists of Jihad

You didn't read his book.  He does attack the Bible.   But like I said, it's coming from a place of ignorance, I don't consider him a legitimate heretic.   There are plenty of nazis out there who I wish could suffer instead of this guy - not that it's up to me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2010, 10:31:02 PM »
DBF,

I was thinking of your question on the drive home. The Rabbis I have listened to have explained that everyone is judged on the day of judgement. Every good deed is rewarded and every bad deed is punished. This is not a pass/fail kind of test... Each and every one of our good deeds will be rewarded. Every time a Jew puts on his tzit-tzits and says the blessing, every time he does a Kiddush on Shabbat, every time he honors his mother and his father, and every time he dedicates to studying Torah, he is rewarded for the observance of the mitzvot... Every transgression that a Jew does will be punished. Even a Jew who has many many merits in his name will be punished for the transgressions he has done, or caused others to do.

This is called Hashems middot of Middah Keneged Middah, or measure for measure..

We are heading into the last 2 weeks before Rosh Hashannah when a Jew is supposed to be doing serious accounting of his/her soul so that they can do Teshuvah.

http://www.sichosinenglish.org/books/vedibarta-bam/036.htm
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:38:31 PM by muman613 »