Author Topic: If you are intested in the end of days and the Torah.  (Read 847 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: If you are intested in the end of days and the Torah.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 06:23:44 AM »
So these people are saying Sarah Palin is a great person?
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08:52 AM »
Didn't the Rabbis say that it is a grave sin to try and predict when the end of days and the moshiach will come?  And that by doing so, it might prolong his coming?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010, 09:12:58 AM »
Didn't the Rabbis say that it is a grave sin to try and predict when the end of days and the moshiach will come?  And that by doing so, it might prolong his coming?
I think so
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 09:40:49 AM »
This cant go on for much longer. Isn't heaven running out of souls already?

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
Dr. Dan:  "Didn't the Rabbis say that it is a grave sin to try and predict when the end of days and the moshiach will come?  And that by doing so, it might prolong his coming? "

Don't worry, Dr. Dan.

They have an answer for everything.

And when all else fails, they always will fall back on "Who are you to dare and question a rabbi ?"

Just nine years ago the kabbalists with their gematria were claiming that the War of Gog and Magog had begun with the Twin Towers followed by "Operation Shock and Awe", and had all the numerical proof in the world to prove that George W. Bush was Magog and that his Dad was Gog.  They also had the "timetable for Moshiach" worked out in perfect detail, and wonderful links to everything necessary to know.

But don't just take my word for it.

See for yourself:

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2010, 09:41:52 AM »
I personally dislike Palin.

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 01:35:55 PM »

I believe it is wrong to make such predictions. We dont know when all these events will occur.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2010, 02:24:39 PM »
Reading it is interesting. However it may be wrong to do it.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2010, 02:36:13 PM »
Dr. Dan:  "Didn't the Rabbis say that it is a grave sin to try and predict when the end of days and the moshiach will come?  And that by doing so, it might prolong his coming? "

Don't worry, Dr. Dan.

They have an answer for everything.

And when all else fails, they always will fall back on "Who are you to dare and question a rabbi ?"

The real question is, who are all these so-called kabbalists and other charlatans to question what the rabbis said was forbidden to do and then to do it anyway.   Of course, when I say "The Rabbis" I refer to the rabbis, ie the rabbis of the Talmud and those who determine Jewish law.  Not some modern-day clown with a beard who thinks he knows better than the Talmud because he got "semicha" in kashrut.

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2010, 02:42:29 PM »
It is interesting to read.

Am I correct that the law that forbids us making predictions is make because the sages believed that when the appionted time comes and nothing happens, it will smash the Jews hope and they will turn irreligious and or in G-d altogether? I assume even abandon the idea of having Israel?

If so, I strongly believe it may take a bit more then that to break a JTFer, because not all of us are Jews , and Im pretty sure most JTFers will believe in a creator, despite any predictions of a messiah not coming. If anything, its a movement like JTF that will bring a messiah. The fact that Chaims Jail time for freeing Soviet Jews and Rabbis Kahanes death didn't stop us , I strongly feel predictions will break us.

We did get Israel back (in a way) half of all Jews are in Israel now?
-It's happening , it has to be. There is no way we aren't going to see the full redemption in another 50 years, with such a volatile situation on our hands.  Indeed if  the full redemption does not appear within 50 years that would be something even more impressive then the Messiah coming. At times I loose faith, but its only because it upsets me to see our own people (Pepe , Mike the k...Bloomberg hurt their own people.

What you all think?  

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 02:51:39 PM by Chai »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »
I do believe that Moshiach will come soon... I do believe we are living in the times of the birth-pangs of Moshiach. And I do believe that the attack of the WTC on 9/11 was a stage in the war of Gog & Magog.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14