Author Topic: Islam's so-called 'friends'  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Islam's so-called 'friends'
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Perspectives/Default.aspx?id=1136822

I often find it amusing, enlightening, and equally frustrating to read some of the Arabic/Islamic press. They have a knack for turning truth on its head. And when that happens, one gets a unique perspective. The brouhaha over some Islamists' take on Obama being Muslim or not Muslim is absolutely fascinating.

One writer who lives in the United States writes in an Islamic website explained to Arabs, in Arabic, her perspective on the questions over whether Obama is a Muslim or not.

She emphatically declared that he is not a Muslim in the truer sense of the word.  Then she proceeded to explain to her Arabic readers about the Unitarian Church and many "other Christian denominations," referring mainly to mainline denominations, and why Muslims should be supportive of them.

She said they are not like those "traditional Christians" who believe in the divinity of Christ. They, like us "Muslims," believe that Jesus was just a good prophet: "To be sure, they do not believe in Mohammad as the true prophet of Allah, but we can get along with them."

This concept reminds me of an Arabic saying -- "Me and my brother against our cousins; but my brother and I and my cousins against our enemies."

Isn't it a true shame that Islamists feel affinity with the Unitarians and the liberal mainline denominations simply because they share one thing in common with Islam? Namely, they all reject biblical truth.

When Jesus claimed that He is the only way, the only truth, and the only giver of eternal life (John 14:6), He drew a line in the sand. You either believe Me and my claims or reject Me. And wanting it or not, by rejecting Me, you would be joining forces with all My enemies.

One good thing about this entire buzz about religion, it is giving the true disciples of Jesus Christ an opportunity to take a stand. Lovingly, thoughtfully and wisely...but the church is taking a stand none the less. The days of placing one foot in the boat and one foot on the pier are gone. The boat has left the pier! You are either for the full claims of Christ, or you are not. There is no smorgasbord in true Christianity.

Obama may not be a Muslim. But until he comes out and says, "Jesus is the only way to the Father and heaven," he is not a true Christian either.

So what is the response of all those who belong to Jesus Christ and live in obedience to His claim? Pray. Pray for our president daily. He is our president and the Bible commands us to pray for those in authority and leave the rest up to God.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt