Author Topic: The 'Author' of the Healthcare Bill Admits He Hasn't Read It  (Read 907 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
The 'Author' of the Healthcare Bill Admits He Hasn't Read It
« on: August 27, 2010, 05:53:38 PM »
http://action.afa.net/Blogs/BlogPost.aspx?id=2147497813

Elijah Friedeman, the Millennial Perspective

The "author" of the healthcare law, Max Baucus, admitted on Tuesday that he hasn't exactly read the healthcare bill, which is now the law of the land.

Judy Matott asked Baucus if he would work to improve Libby’s image, and then asked him and Sebelius, “if either of you read the health care bill before it was passed and if not, that is the most despicable, irresponsible thing.”

Baucus replied that if Libby residents assembled an economic development plan, he would do what he could to help, and he took credit for “essentially” writing the health care bill that passed the Senate.

“I don’t think you want me to waste my time to read every page of the health care bill. You know why? It’s statutory language,” Baucus said. “We hire experts.”

Be honest here, does anyone feel comfortable with law that is so complex that the senators tasked with writing it don't even understand it, and even worse, haven't actually read the whole bill? I don't care what your political affiliation is, Baucus' statement should scare you. If our elected representatives have worked themselves into such a quandary where the legislation they come up with is so complicated that they can't understand it, much less write it, then it's time for a change in a major way.

Of course, Pelosi's statement that "We have to pass the bill, so that we can find out what's in it" suddenly makes a lot more sense. It's common knowledge that no one really knew what was in the bill, but I'm starting to wonder whether any of the Democrats actually read the bill in its entirety. If the author of the legislation hasn't, then it's a safe guess that no one else did either.

Cross-posted at MillennialPundit
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt