Author Topic: New attack on JTF' site ?  (Read 2324 times)

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
New attack on JTF' site ?
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:56:41 AM »

When you type "jtf" in Google search engine, here is the description you now get :

"Arguing in support of Israel's right wing extremist groups, and against Islam. Also expressing contempt for African Americans"

I suppose it's not normal...

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: New attack on JTF' site ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 06:58:18 AM »
Don't see it.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 07:02:38 AM »
Don't see it.

I am located in France. When you search from where I am, that's what you see.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »
Don't see it.

Very weird, though

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 07:08:51 AM »

Here is exactly what I get : ("Traduire cette page" = "Translate this page", "Pages similaires" = "Similar pages")

JTF.org - 14:54 - [ Traduire cette page ]
Arguing in support of Israel's right wing extremist groups, and against Islam. Also expressing contempt for African Americans.
www.jtf.org/ - Pages similaires

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:01 AM »
Also expressing contempt for African Americans.

That's good!

Leave it like that!

That'll draw more hits!     :::D

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »
Yeah I saw that, too. I dunno how good that is. It's also weird that "dunno" doesn't get corrected by spell check.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
Yup I also get that description when I type it into Google

Just google jtf

It lists under jtf.org (the first listing on the page)
"Arguing in support of Israel's right wing extremist groups, and against Islam. Also expressing contempt for African Americans"

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 10:46:30 PM »
JTF.org
Arguing in support of Israel's right wing extremist groups, and against Islam. Also expressing contempt for African Americans.
Forums - Ask JTF - Issues
www.jtf.org/ - Similar
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 11:02:23 PM »
Also, it's difficult to load up that link to jtf.org

It's taking forever to load up.  I just close it without ever reaching the site.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 12:07:33 AM »
Also, it's difficult to load up that link to jtf.org

It's taking forever to load up.  I just close it without ever reaching the site.

Same for me.

One other thing I forgot to mention : the "description" in the Google search engine was modified very recently because I had done the same search on Sunday and there was another description which was not biased and judgmental as this one. Who changed it ?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 03:12:49 AM »
Funny I saw this too to get the po box address. I was a little puzzled. Oddly enough this topic comes up
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:57 AM »
I wonder if Chaim or Lisa can give us answers.

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 08:46:39 PM »
There is clearly deliberate tampering here on the part of Google. Shlomo inserted a description meta tag that is specifically designed for search engine bots that crawl websites. The description should read: "JTF.org - (Jewish Task Force)- an organization of right wing Jews and righteous gentiles who follow the teachings of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane!" There isn't such a problem on Yahoo or other search engines not affiliated with Google.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »
There is clearly deliberate tampering here on the part of Google. Shlomo inserted a description meta tag that is specifically designed for search engine bots that crawl websites. The description should read: "JTF.org - (Jewish Task Force)- an organization of right wing Jews and righteous gentiles who follow the teachings of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane!" There isn't such a problem on Yahoo or other search engines not affiliated with Google.

I'm also finding it difficult to actually load up the site, when I click jtf.org from google search.  Maybe that is also not a problem at the other search engines?

In fact, typing in jtf.org at all into my address bar is unable to bring up the site.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 09:25:18 PM »
Don't see it.

HOw is the situation in France these days.  I heard Jews were in pretty bad shape there and saw no future.  The Ilan Halami murder did not help but even before that I heard things were bad for French Jews.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2010, 01:31:27 AM »
Don't see it.

HOw is the situation in France these days.  I heard Jews were in pretty bad shape there and saw no future.  The Ilan Halami murder did not help but even before that I heard things were bad for French Jews.

First of all, before I give you my opinion, I want to make one thing clear : I am on this forum as a Jew, as a Kahanist Jew, not as a French, even though I have French nationality. My loyalty goes to the Jewish people and to Israel and if there is a clash between the interests of France and the interests of Israel, there is no question that I support Israel. Actually, if I didn't have a complicated family situation that pretty much ties me in France, I would make aliyah, even though I have an interesting job in France. In the meantime, I make trips to Israel, the next one is scheduled in a few weeks  :)

Now, about the situation of Jews in France today : yes, it has deteriorated. The main reason is because France unfortunately has a big Muslim population, mainly Arabic. The Jewish community in France is sizable, it is the third largest Jewish community in the world, after Israel and the US, with approximately 500,000 Jews. Still, it is small compared to the Muslim population (around 4 million Muslims, rapidly growing). As a result, life has become very difficult and, in some cases, impossible in neighbourhoods where there is a large concentration of Muslims. In some places, it is very dangerous to walk in the streets with a kippa or anything else that identifies you as a Jew.
The main media are extremely biased against Israel and inundate the French population with pro-Arab views. That really does a lot of harm, because I am sure that there are many decent people who would support zionism if they were told the truth.
In addition to all this, you have there deep-rooted seeds of antisemitism in the population of Christian descent, as everywhere else in Europe. Blunt antisemitic views are rarely openly expressed, this is still a relative taboo, but Israel, which is almost unanimously vilified, is often taken as an excuse for many antisemites to spill their guts...

So the overall picture is rather bleak. One thing that does not help improve the situation is that the only party that has a tough stance on immigration, security and borders, the Front National, is full of Nazis and thus viciously antisemitic and anti-American. So it is out of the question to support them.

A substantial part of the Jewish population in France is very assimilated. At best, they feel attached to a "culture", a "tradition" and they have an emotional way of identifiying with the Jewish people (a "bond"). Many are indifferent. At worst, there are those who are ashamed to be Jews and hide it.

The future of all true Jews, whether they are stranded in France, in America, or anywhere else in Diaspora, is in Israel !

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:32 AM »
My loyalty goes to the Jewish people and to Israel and if there is a clash between the interests of France and the interests of Israel, there is no question that I support Israel.

Just one detail, to avoid any misunderstanding, because what I wrote might be ambiguous : I am loyal to the French Republic, in which Jews live freely and without any discrimination or persecution, I would never commit any act of treason against the institutions of the country I am the citizen of, as long as they do not do any harm to the Jewish people.