Author Topic: Saudi sale a potential positive for Israel  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Saudi sale a potential positive for Israel
« on: September 21, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Security/Default.aspx?id=1174338

A pro-Israel group says a multibillion-dollar arms deal the Obama administration is proposing to complete with Saudi Arabia could have some positive benefits for the Jewish state.

The deal is worth a reported $60 billion, which provides 84 F-15 fighter jets plus dozens of attack helicopters. Initially concerned about the sale, U.S. officials say Israel has gradually grown more comfortable with the transaction because the planes are without long-range weapons. The Wall Street Journal reports, however, that the planes can potentially be upgraded to include missile defense systems.

Dr. James Hutchens, president of the Virginia-based Jerusalem Connection, does not believe the deal jeopardizes Israel's security.

Israel"I think the Saudis recognize that the threat in the region is Iran, not Israel," says Hutchens. "As a matter of fact, I think the other Arab nations recognize that....Several of them are calling for nuclear reactors -- the Saudis are calling for that, the Jordanians are, Egypt is, Hezbollah is, Kuwait is."

Hutchens says such a transaction could counterbalance Iran's push to develop nuclear weapons.

"It's an arms race now. It's just out of control," he says. "But my sense of it is that Israel knows from their own intelligence the degree of progress that the Iranians are making toward this, and that there's a line in the sand that they know and they have determined -- and if and when Iran crosses that [line], Israel will do what's necessary to survive."

President Obama has pitched the arms deal as a way to create 75,000 jobs spread over 44 states.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Re: Saudi sale a potential positive for Israel
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »
watch how those weapons are going to be used against us in another 1973 situation.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 02:57:33 PM »
I wouldn't trust anything Obama does. 

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 12:22:43 AM »
The Wall Street Journal reports, however, that the planes can potentially be upgraded to include missile defense systems.

Of course these planes will be upgraded. --  I do not remember the specific incidence, but while I read another article about this sale it recanted a part where the Reagan administration was involved in either upgrading a previous "noncontroversial" sale of military equipment to the region or providing the initial "noncontroversial" equipment which later got a threat causing upgrade.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 07:17:28 AM »
How can selling weapons to the Saudis be positive for Israel?

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 11:22:19 AM »
I hope Israel is working on technology that will shock the hell out of the Arabs.