Author Topic: Campbell's Soup catering to Islam  (Read 2031 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Campbell's Soup catering to Islam
« on: October 07, 2010, 03:19:50 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=212457

By Bob Unruh
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

The Canadian division of the Campbell's Soup company, known to generations for its "M'mmm, m'mmm, good" slogan, is selling products approved as "halal" for Muslims by an organization with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, the massive movement that has spawned terrorist organizations such as al-Qaida and Hamas..

The move has triggered a Facebook-based boycott plan and the outrage of a multitude of online forum participants, including Kenny Solomon who cryptically wrote: "Stock … Sold as of the opening bell tomorrow. Letter .. Mailed about ten minutes ago. Items in my kitchen … In the garbage. I won't even donate it."

Added "Left Coast Conservative," on Robert Spencer's JihadWatch website, "Will not buy their products any more. Can't imagine eating halal slaughtered food that has been offered to or 'blessed by' a foreign God – makes my stomach turn. This is wrong on so many levels."

A WND call to Campbell's Canada requesting comment was referred to a U.S. office that was closed. A security guard told WND there was no one who could be reached to comment tonight.

But on the JihadWatch website was the note that the Islamic Society of North America, identified by Campbell's as the organization running the "Halal Certification Program," is said "to have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood."

A website under the Campbell's name explains, "As part of Campbell Canada's commitment to diversity and extraordinary, authentic nourishment for all, our selection of Halal-certified products are here to help you meet your Islamic dietary requirements."

The company continued, "These products are certified by the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), the largest non-profit, religious, educational, and non-political Islamic organization in North America. ISNA's Halal Certification Program was established in conjunction with professionals in the field of Islamic foods and nutrition, and with Islamic scholars. The program includes the review of ingredients, formulas, manufacturing and sanitation processes."

The company listed Campbell's Vegetable Broth, condensed soups including Low Fat Cream of Broccolo, Tomato, Tomato Rice, Vegetarian Vegetable, Rustic Spiced Lentil & Vegetable, Cream of Mushroom and Garden Minestrone in the "Ready to Enjoy" line, and others, in the approved lineup.

On the CreepingSharia blog, the commentary also noted that company employees had been "proselytized."

A company report spoke about the "12 Halal-Certified products" in its soup line.

"To ensure that Campbell Canada employees know about the new products, the company undertook a number of initiatives including a one-day 'information fair' featuring taste tests, guest speakers, and background presentations on … Islamic practices," the report said.

The report quoted Laura Lee Blake, a Campbell's executive, saying, "This was an excellent example of how to ensure that we put as many resources towards educating our internal consumers as our external consumers."

ISNA was named in a May 1991 Muslim Brotherhood document as one of the Brotherhood's 29 likeminded "organizations of our friends."

At JihadWatch was the notation that Campbell confirmed it would have the ISNA logo on its labels soon, so consumers easily can identify the "approved" products.

"It goes without saying there will be no more of their products in my Christian Home!" said one forum participant on the page.

The halal method of slaughtering animals has been described as a fast cut with a sharp knife on the neck to sever the jugular veins and carotid arteries but leaving the spinal cord intact.

"Down with Campbell's. Up with the forces of freedom that fight tyranny and dhimmihood," added "Wellington." "Would particularly relish some fine matzo ball soup made in the free and democratic Jewish state which multitudes of Muslims and leftists in the West despise so much."

One person, identified only as "JJ," contributed his or her own plot to discourage stores from carrying halal products.

"I still shop at the local grocery store, every time I shop there I take several pork products and accidently put them back in the cooler on top of the halal meat. Perhaps … the grocery store will decide it isn't worth the hassle to carry halal."

On the Facebook campaign page, a contributor posted a note that there have been 16,067 deadly terror attacks by Islamic terrorists since 9/11, according to the The Religion of Peace website.

At Creeping Sharia came this: "Doesn't surprise me and I wouldn't be surprised if it's already in the states, as well as other products. Lord only knows what's next, but I'm sure we all have a good idea. For sure I'm building up excess supplies, especially my pork!!"

WND reported when Jeffrey Epstein, president of America's Truth Forum, asked ISNA chairwoman Ingrid Mattson about her organization's reputation as a "known operating wing of the Muslim Brotherhood which is a terrorist organization that spawned both Hamas and al-Qaida."

Mattson responded by listing organizations such as the CIA and FBI with whom she has associations.

Epstein also noted Mattson's organization was an unindicted co-conspirator in the Dallas trial of the Holy Land foundation, which was found guilty in 2008 of raising money for Hamas.

WND previously documented when Americans Against Hate chief Joe Kaufman expressed concern over a Muslim Family Day at a Six Flags amusement park because of the sponsorship of another organization, called the Islamic Circle of North America.

Kaufman wrote an article in 2007 criticizing Islamic Circle and the Islamic Association of North Texas for the event, noting the Muslim organizations are suspected of funneling money to the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and al-Qaida.

WND subsequently reported when a group of Islamic organizations – although not the two Kaufman named – sued him for defamation and lost. Kaufman had written an article for the online FrontPage Magazine exposing terrorist connections in two American Muslim groups.

The subsequent lawsuit was part of a technique called by some "legal jihad" or "Islamist lawfare." The Thomas More Law Center, which represented Kaufman in the lawsuit, explained Muslim advocates are using the strategy to bully online journalists into silence.

"It is gratifying to see a courageous citizen like Joe Kaufman withstand the legal intimidation of a well-financed lawsuit aimed at shutting down his right to speak out against the threats of radical Islam," Richard Thompson, president of the Thomas More Law Center, said of the case.

Kaufman's original concern was over the influence of the Islamic organizations.

"While using images of cartoon characters and sponsoring events at amusement parks may seem innocuous, the danger that the Islamic Circle of North America poses to the United States, Canada and others is clear," Kaufman wrote. "As a faction of the Muslim Brotherhood, the organization looks to impose Islam on Western society, and, as a donor to a terrorist organization, the group is a willing participant in the act of violence."

The website also points out the Islamic Circle was listed by the FBI at the trial of the Holy Land Foundation in Dallas as a friend of the Muslim Brotherhood, the Egypt-based group that seeks to establish Islamic law worldwide.

Kaufman's research documents the Islamic Circle's links to Pakistan's Jamaat e-Islami, which posted on its website in 2006 a report that its two charities, Islamic Circle of North America Relief and Helping Hand, donated $99,000 to Hamas.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt