Author Topic: 95% of Marines dont want openly gay troops  (Read 617 times)

Offline Tacitus

• Full JTFer
95% of Marines dont want openly gay troops
« on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:28 PM »
As many as 95 percent of Marines would be uncomfortable serving alongside openly gay troops, the retiring commandant of the Marine Corps told Fox News in an exclusive interview.

Gen. James Conway told Fox News' Jennifer Griffin that a majority of his men and women think a repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy barring gays from serving openly will be problematic, so he has to believe that, too.

"When we take a survey of our Marines, by and large, they say that they are concerned that it will cause potential problems with regard to their order and discipline -- that it will impact their sense of unit cohesion," Conway said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/10/15/retiring-marines-chief-warns-uncomfortable-serving-openly-gay-troops/?test=latestnews#content

Obama doesnt care what these Marines think, Obongo will not let this issue rest
No man is entitled to the blessings of freedom unless he is vigilant in its preservation.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: 95% of Marines dont want openly gay troops
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »
Who ever let common sense stand in way of "progress".  >:(

Obongo's lone "accomplishment" will be letting the homos serve in the military.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: 95% of Marines dont want openly gay troops
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 03:39:29 PM »
Wait I'm confused I thought Obama was for DADT.  Didn't he say this a few days ago?  Or do I have it backwards?