Author Topic: Tamar Yonah Supports Jewish American Indian Theory  (Read 16717 times)

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Tamar Yonah Supports Jewish American Indian Theory
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 10:34:30 AM »
P.S.  AND THE SAME GOES FOR YOU muman613!

BY ALLOWING SUCH POSTS FROM CHAI TO REMAIN ON THE FORUM UNCHALLENGED YOU SHOW WHAT A TOTAL FRAUD AND GREASY FAKE KIKE YOU REALLY ARE!

HOW ABOUT EXPLAINING HOW IT IS THAT YOU, MUMAN 613, CAME ON THE FORUM ON SHABBOS!

WAS THAT ONE OF MUMAN613'S "HOLY MITZVOT"?

I HAVE PROOF OF YOU DOING SO.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2010, 11:08:59 AM »
I don't know Tamar Yonah but this is seriously nutty. Native Americans are largely Northeast Asiatic. They have nothing to do with Middle Easterners. The only people who promote this theory are the polytheistic Mormons (who literally belive that any devout Mormon can become a gd of their own universe when they die).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 11:25:19 AM by Dr. Brennan Fan »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2010, 11:17:48 AM »
Very interesting post about incan Jews.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2010, 12:18:04 PM »
Most of those so called Cherokee that claim Jewish descent generally look like this

You know, even one generation of intermarrying can make Jews start to look very different.

What do you think is going to happen if there have been hundreds of years of intermarriage!    Looking at facial features of Cherokee IMO has nothing to do with the question, but I'm not saying there's proof either.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »
That has to be one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen, WI. It's sad that he is so self-hating about being white that he has to identify with something that's either 1% of his heritage or not there at all. For some reason a lot of Scottish-American families were somehow convinced they had Indian blood due to "high cheekbones".

If he's proud of his native american heritage, why does that make him "self hating about being white?"

I happen to be part native american myself.    Admittedly, a very, very small part.   I don't wear indian costumes or whatever, but I don't see why it takes away or impacts being "white" - white is just a skin color.    If I embrace my Litvak (Lithuania) background over another part of my european background, does that mean I'm self-hating being "white" ?   I don't get that.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2010, 12:27:55 PM »
Re:  "PS: When did I attack you? I was defending you in the Torah Ideas section.

Like last night when I was denounced for being "worse than Hitler!" by chai?

Somehow you missed that I guess.

And now you say that  "I'm just jealous of your faith?"

My faith is the same as yours, and for that matter my faith was my faith while you were screwing up the best part of your life marrying out of the fold.

The purpose of Judaism is not merely to read commentary, daven all day, and try to do every single mitzvah without fail.

Those are all the means to the end.

What's in the heart and soul of any sincere uneducated village idiot, Jewish or not, who longs for and loves Ha'Shem, is received long before the empty repetitions of a Yeshiva master who practices every mitzvah and can quote each line in Talmud but has lost their humanity in the process.

Your right calling you worse then Hitler was a compliment.... for you.
But you insanity speaks volumes, so much so I dont think I even need to resort to name calling.
"My faith is the same as yours" HAH  :::D

"The purpose of Judaism is not merely to read commentary, daven all day, and try to do every single mitzvah without fail.

Those are all the means to the end".

Good ol often wrong Massa, you er as usual,  The purpose of Judaism is dont do onto other what you dont want to be done to you ( except snakes like Massa who people need to stand up to lol) the rest is commentary go read it!

"The go read it" part is conveniently forgotten for some and being good to man  by others  and all by Massa LOL

My goodness you have such contempt for Judaism Go find the answers that you are bothered by if you are so smart instead of formulating negative things about this faith you think is Judaism you keep criticize. Be upset at people that dont preach what they practice not at the of G-d.

If you dont like the way I represent Judaism then be upset at me not the faith , but its easy to just get upset at the faith at a whole , Stop being bitter you will die young.

Ive asked questions here regarding my faith being shaken but I listen to the other side.

I have tolerance for your Hellenistic wild lifestyle you claim to brag about in your ask post ,G-d bless you, Ive done it too, but dont criticize real Judaism for what its not , I will defend it.

One sad note , my gf just said to me that massa and I  have more in common about the faith than we would like to admit. That made my night.

Chai-   I don't know what the hell you two are fighting about, but why are you being so nasty?   You don't have to like what massah says all the time, but what is with this?   (And yes, I see how he responded too, but what can you expect after comments like this?)    When you talk about "hellenistic lifestyle" - what are you referring to?  How do you know what Massuh's lifestyle is?

I understand you two don't see eye to eye on religious issues, but there's got to be a better way to iron that out than to sling insults at each other.   And I'm saying that to both of you.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
Re:  "Chai-   I don't know what the hell you two are fighting about, but why are you being so nasty?   You don't have to like what massah says all the time, but what is with this?   (And yes, I see how he responded too, but what can you expect after comments like this?)    When you talk about "hellenistic lifestyle" - what are you referring to?  How do you know what Massuh's lifestyle is?  I understand you two don't see eye to eye on religious issues, "

You know, KWRBT, I suddenly last evening am caught off guard with a double-sided attack, one from muman613, and immediately another by chai, both reinforcing the other, both taking the position that "they've tried and tried and tried, but 'the Satanic Hitler' [my words not theirs] still wants to be banned, and is doing everything he can think of to force us to ban him, and they've given him all the chances in the world to repent and accept Chabad Lubavitch as the Perfect Faith, but Noooooo....he still continues as a din rodef!....etc..."

That's bad enough.  But if some two bit punk wants to START insulting me without any reason whatsoever, and slinging the worst imaginable scheisse in my face, then they're lucky that all I am able to do is sling it right back.

THIS IS NOT THE LUBAVITCHER CHABAD FORUM!

IT IS THE JEWISH TASK FORCE FORUM!

IT'S NOT HERE FOR SOME BAAL T'SHUVAH MODERATOR TO USE AS HIS PERSONAL "EVANGELICAL STYLE" PROSELYTIZING BOARD, WHERE EITHER EVERYONE HERE MUST EITHER MEET THEIR PERSONAL STANDARDS OF HOLINESS OR BE CHASTISED, REBUKED, AND DENOUNCED AS "NOT A GOOD JEW".

NOR IS THE JEWISH TASK FORCE A MOVEMENT WHICH HAS AS ITS PLATFORM TO BULLDOZE ALL CHURCHES, SHRINES, AND HOLY PLACES IN THE STATE OF ISRAEL IMPORTANT TO THE CHRISTIANS AND OTHERS WHO LOVE JEWS AND ARE HELPING US.

If those of some other mindset want to start their own forum to proselytize for their version of "being religious and holy" I have no objections whatsoever to their doing so.  There they can denounce everyone and everything they find to have "shortcomings as a Jew", and can insult Christians and Hindus and Sikhs and rant about bulldozing every Church and Shrine in the world because that's what their "G-d" ordered them to do.  They have the right to establish such a forum, and I have the right not to join it.

If I am slandered here as "worse than Hitler" while our "Moderator" stands idly by, and then joins in the attack with continued falsehoods to add to the slander, then why even have a Moderator here?

And I'm not apologizing for any of the posts or threads I've put up on this forum.

I have gone out of my way never to intentionally provoke or insult others here.

And if the answer to my post here is that I be banned from JTF "because I am now proving I'm worse than Hitler" and "have done nothing but post anti-Jewish Dogma" and "all I do is slander the Jewish religion and Torah" then go ahead and ban me. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2010, 01:12:20 PM »
Re:  "Chai-   I don't know what the hell you two are fighting about, but why are you being so nasty?   You don't have to like what massah says all the time, but what is with this?   (And yes, I see how he responded too, but what can you expect after comments like this?)    When you talk about "hellenistic lifestyle" - what are you referring to?  How do you know what Massuh's lifestyle is?  I understand you two don't see eye to eye on religious issues, "

You know, KWRBT, I suddenly last evening am caught off guard with a double-sided attack, one from muman613, and immediately another by chai, both reinforcing the other, both taking the position that "they've tried and tried and tried, but 'the Satanic Hitler' [my words not theirs] still wants to be banned, and is doing everything he can think of to force us to ban him, and they've given him all the chances in the world to repent and accept Chabad Lubavitch as the Perfect Faith, but Noooooo....he still continues as a din rodef!....etc..."

That's bad enough.  But if some two bit punk wants to START insulting me without any reason whatsoever, and slinging the worst imaginable scheisse in my face, then they're lucky that all I am able to do is sling it right back.

IT'S NOT HERE FOR SOME BAAL T'SHUVAH MODERATOR TO USE AS HIS PERSONAL "EVANGELICAL STYLE" PROSELYTIZING BOARD, WHERE EITHER EVERYONE HERE MUST EITHER MEET THEIR PERSONAL STANDARDS OF HOLINESS OR BE CHASTISED, REBUKED, AND DENOUNCED AS "NOT A GOOD JEW".

NOR IS THE JEWISH TASK FORCE A MOVEMENT WHICH HAS AS ITS PLATFORM TO BULLDOZE ALL CHURCHES, SHRINES, AND HOLY PLACES IN THE STATE OF ISRAEL IMPORTANT TO THE CHRISTIANS AND OTHERS WHO LOVE JEWS AND ARE HELPING US.

If those of some other mindset want to start their own forum to proselytize for their version of "being religious and holy" I have no objections whatsoever to their doing so.  There they can denounce everyone and everything they find to have "shortcomings as a Jew", and can insult Christians and Hindus and Sikhs and rant about bulldozing every Church and Shrine in the world because that's what their "G-d" ordered them to do.  They have the right to establish such a forum, and I have the right not to join it.

If I am slandered here as "worse than Hitler" while our "Moderator" stands idly by, and then joins in the attack with continued falsehoods to add to the slander, then why even have a Moderator here?

And I'm not apologizing for any of the posts or threads I've put up on this forum.

And if the answer to my post here is that I be banned from JTF "because I am now proving I'm worse than Hitler" and "have done nothing but post anti-Jewish Dogma" and "all I do is slander the Jewish religion and Torah" then go ahead and ban me. 
I don't agree with all that you post here but I think you are correct here. I am curious too about this "baal teshuva" moderator (as you put it) who, among other things, has claimed that Jews are not white (when he first came to JTF, not anytime recently), makes some very bizarre statements about Torah (such as that it supports marriages between grown men and girls like Wonga said), and said that he feels bad for the "misguided" people that "might" be on the terrorist Nazi Gaza flotilla--and now actually claims that Native Americans are part Jewish.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »

I hear that, I understand where you're coming from.    I don't understand why you're being attacked.

Agreed.

1.  IT'S NOT HERE FOR SOME BAAL T'SHUVAH MODERATOR TO USE AS HIS PERSONAL "EVANGELICAL STYLE" PROSELYTIZING BOARD, WHERE EITHER EVERYONE HERE MUST EITHER MEET THEIR PERSONAL STANDARDS OF HOLINESS OR BE CHASTISED, REBUKED, AND DENOUNCED AS "NOT A GOOD JEW".

2.  NOR IS THE JEWISH TASK FORCE A MOVEMENT WHICH HAS AS ITS PLATFORM TO BULLDOZE ALL CHURCHES, SHRINES, AND HOLY PLACES IN THE STATE OF ISRAEL IMPORTANT TO THE CHRISTIANS AND OTHERS WHO LOVE JEWS AND ARE HELPING US.

Issue 1 - Of course.   I don't like the attitude of denouncing people if they don't meet one's religious standards - it does reflect insecurity, and I don't totally understand it to be honest.

Issue 2 - Chaim has addressed this issue directly, fairly recently (I think it came up on an ASK JTF or somewhere on the forum and he addressed it both here and on the Hebrew forum).  That said, people do have a right to their own opinions.   If you don't like their opinion, argue against them and explain why they're wrong.    But resorting to the attacks isn't worth it and doesn't solve anything.  Hopefully we agree on that.

Certainly they have a right to forming a separate site etc, but they also do have a right to express their opinion here even if others don't like it.    Other people who don't like it can explain why they think it's wrong.  I don't think you can ban people or force them to start a new forum because you don't like their attitude on a given issue.

That, you would have to take up with the admins.  I think that in the Torah section perhaps there is no moderator, but I'm not sure.    If it is Muman, then you can take your complaint to Chaim and others.  I hear what you're saying.

If you guys can iron things out maybe you'll reconsider.   I don't think it's reasonable to expect you to apologize while you're still having insults flung at you.

Nonetheless, this can happen from time to time.  None of us are immune.

I don't have the power to ban anyone, nor do I want that power, but I'm about 99.9% sure that none of the people who do have that power are going to ban you.   Where did you do something to deserve banning?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2010, 01:27:47 PM »
One more comment Massuh and KWRBT, from what I know of Chabad they are extremely warm, loving people who care about all human beings, but most of all their fellow Jews. I find it extremely hard to believe that most Chabad would constantly attack or denounce Jews who aren't as religious as they are or who disagree with them on a theological matter.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2010, 01:34:08 PM »
One more comment Massuh and KWRBT, from what I know of Chabad they are extremely warm, loving people who care about all human beings, but most of all their fellow Jews. I find it extremely hard to believe that most Chabad would constantly attack or denounce Jews who aren't as religious as they are or who disagree with them on a theological matter.

I know Chabad people, and I don't think that about Chabad.  Nonetheless, this is still not exclusively a Chabad forum.    But I'm not sure how Chabad even got into this discussion.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2010, 01:36:58 PM »
I think Massuh started discussing Chabad because the person in question here is always citing Chabad opinions and discussing his close relationship with Chabad. I'm sure you do know them a lot better than I do, but can you give me some specifics? Where have you seen Chabad denouncing other Jews? Actually I can't think of very many Jews at all who behave as Massuh has complained of.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2010, 03:04:24 PM »
Wi, 

Thank you very much for posting that fascinating article.   Thank you very much

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2010, 03:14:41 PM »
I think Massuh started discussing Chabad because the person in question here is always citing Chabad opinions and discussing his close relationship with Chabad. I'm sure you do know them a lot better than I do, but can you give me some specifics? Where have you seen Chabad denouncing other Jews? Actually I can't think of very many Jews at all who behave as Massuh has complained of.

Please read my comment again because it seems you interpreted the exact opposite of what I said about Chabad.   I said Chabad people are not like that.

Even some of the reform and conservative Jews that I know like chabad.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2010, 03:16:14 PM »

I don't agree with all that you post here but I think you are correct here. I am curious too about this "baal teshuva" moderator (as you put it) who, among other things, has claimed that Jews are not white (when he first came to JTF, not anytime recently), makes some very bizarre statements about Torah (such as that it supports marriages between grown men and girls like Wonga said), and said that he feels bad for the "misguided" people that "might" be on the terrorist Nazi Gaza flotilla--and now actually claims that Native Americans are part Jewish.

When you say you are "curious,"  I don't know what you are curious about, muman is trying his best like anyone else, he's just having a dispute with a few members here apparently.   

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2010, 03:18:14 PM »
Btw, Massuh, while I stand by all that I've said to you thus far, I do think you need to realize that at times you caricature and ridicule religious Jews, and while I obviously said I don't agree with muman's way of responding to that, you shouldn't act like you are not ever provoking anyone.  Muman may be a little over-sensitive so he doesn't take kindly to that stuff and he overreacts to you in return.    As I see it, you guys are both provoking each other.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2010, 03:26:42 PM »
Btw, Massuh, while I stand by all that I've said to you thus far, I do think you need to realize that at times you caricature and ridicule religious Jews, and while I obviously said I don't agree with muman's way of responding to that, you shouldn't act like you are not ever provoking anyone.  Muman may be a little over-sensitive so he doesn't take kindly to that stuff and he overreacts to you in return.    As I see it, you guys are both provoking each other.

What do you mean 'mumans way of responding to that'... I do not do anything to anyone who doesn't want to observe commandments. I believe, as most Jews do, that every Jew has free will to either do or not do and it is not my place to tell anyone what to do. Throughout my entire time posting here at JTF I have simply provided sources from various sites which support my understanding of Jewish principles.

I really object to this portrayal of myself as thinking I am holier than others, that I am more righteous than others, etc. I have had my fair number of failures in life and have been able, Baruch Hashem, to pick myself up from each of these set-backs. I have found that my Emmunah has helped me during many times in my life, even before I came to do teshuva.

My only intention is to instill Jewish pride and interest in the ideas which our sages and commentators have given us to any Jew who needs some strength. I also try to urge Jews to try to keep the mitzvot which set us apart from the nations {such as Kashrut, such as Tefillin & TzitTzit, etc.}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 03:33:13 PM »
Eh Massa cant even stand up to me , he has to resort to passive aggressive posts directed at me indicating he has some kind of psychosis or something.

Its kinda funny when he gets attacked by me he gets so oh "Im so innocent and never provoke" ,which is quite humorous to me. I used to think he was at least a man , but all really does he is get his panties in a bunch , I mean common the best he can do is call me black or a "punk"??  :::D

Again, I have no problem with Massas nonsense he writes on this forum , It gives us a chance to debate on what Kahansiim really represents, and its not massah twisted ideas as there is no way he is a kahanist Jew with what he writes.  Thats my problem with him, and if he finds that offensive then debate me and not run to others and complain like a little girl. But we all know what massa does when he is loosing  a debate he goes on to his little dark humor place shuts down talks about banning  and gives up????  take a look for yourself s. Pitiful.

There is nothing wrong with being being a secular Zionist if thats what you represent yourself as but Massa represents himself as a Kahanist and I wont stand for that slander , we have enough Beni Brits in the world and those Jewish leaders were the leading catalysts for  the Holocaust

NEVER AGAIN!

If my views of Kahane are wrong then explain why. I have read all his books.

Masssa can dish it but cant take it. and he talks about hypocrisy.  Who is the punk now?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 03:44:56 PM by Chai »

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »
Well Muman, you reacted quite strongly to his supposed "comparison" of Miley cyrus etc with Judaism  (I think you missed the entire point of what he was saying about that), and said "Shame on you."   And this was right after he was called Hitler by someone else on the forum.   So yeah, I disagree with how you reacted there.        Of course, you can't be blamed for what someone else says, but I see why massuh would perceive that as you "piling on."

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Please read my comment again because it seems you interpreted the exact opposite of what I said about Chabad.   I said Chabad people are not like that.

Even some of the reform and conservative Jews that I know like chabad.
OK, my apologies then. I did misunderstand. From what I know of Chabad they are very consistently wonderful Jews. Nobody has a single bad thing to say about them and they don't have anything bad to say about anyone else either. Now, in reference to Massuh's frustrated post and my subsequent comments, the moderator in question who often cites Chabad opinions doesn't demonstrate Chabad behavior. I vividly recall a thread about the Jewish holiday where Jews are supposed to ask one another for forgiveness (pardon my ignorance, I forgot what it is called) where a secular member made a very discouraged-sounding post, and that mod really tore into him for it. Is that something that real Chabad would ever do?

When you say you are "curious,"  I don't know what you are curious about, muman is trying his best like anyone else, he's just having a dispute with a few members here apparently.
At some point the question must be asked why so many people are rubbed the wrong way by him, and/or why he is so easily offended by such a wide range of posts himself that it comes to fighting. We all know how he feels about Christianity, so to give a different recent example, he got uppity about a response I made in his thread about the Nazi Roger Waters (the old rock star) having it out with the Nazi Abraham Foxman (of the ADL). I said that while they are both scum of the earth Abe Foxman and the ADL are more dangerous than some stoner has-been musician. Even Ron, who I am constantly butting heads with, agreed with the assertion, and Chaim had to step in and spell out just how evil and dangerous the ADL is.

Now, I'm not in any way always in agreement with Massuh, but I think his hurt feelings in this thread were very justified.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 04:25:04 PM »

At some point the question must be asked why so many people are rubbed the wrong way by him, 

Some people are rubbed the wrong way by you too, DBR, and I'm not asking any questions about that!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2010, 04:30:28 PM »
Some people are rubbed the wrong way by you too, DBR, and I'm not asking any questions about that!

*sigh* fine, fair enough, but if you have a problem with me, you can always "bring it", either here or over PM, and I will either agree that you have a point or defend myself. If you want to take issue with me (let's say my recent Miley Cyrus threads), then, well, what can I say--a few people were critical of them but I didn't rip into them, although I think it was easy enough for them not to click on them to begin with. I do still believe with all my heart that Cyrus and kin are more dangerous to the souls of young girls than Obama, Buchanan, etc.

Offline elsasdream

• New JTFer
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2010, 04:32:04 PM »

YOU'RE A SLIMEY KIKE MAMZER, CHAI.

F_C_k you!

PIECE OF C-k SUCKING SCHEISSE, ALONG WITH YOUR MOTHER!

Ok guys, I've just been reading silently but i cant stay silent anymore. Clearly you two have differences of opinion and that's fine. the world was not meant to have everyone think the same. Maybe Chai should not have called you "worse than Hitler" its definitely not a nice thing to say but its NOT a blatant racial slur, sexual slur, or deride your mother. i understand that you are angry and feel attacked but i personally do not think its right to EVER resort to such language. And really "F_C_k you ... along with your mother!" ??? is this 7th grade??? and I know Muman and you clearly don't see eye to eye but saying "I was Jewish while you were still screwing up your life marrying outside the tribe." ?? Look people fall in love, sure its not ideal in the eyes of Judaism but it happens and giving someone crap for being Ba'al teshuva is wrong. If I am correct, deriding converts and BTs is a pretty big sin...

I'm not Jewish but i have a love for Judaism and have considered conversion but seeing Jews fighting with each other instead of working together makes me sad because with much of the world already against you the most important thing is to stand together.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2010, 05:03:50 PM »
Are we trying to mend the problems or are we trying to continue them.

I really don't know what I said which rubbed Massuh the wrong way. I suppose that I did not defend Massuh against the 'worse than hitler' claim. Certainly I do not have the opinion that Massuh is worse than Hitler but I do feel that Massuh is often saying very controversial things here against what we consider normative Judaism {what I mean is Orthodox observance of Judaism}. I do not attack him with name-calling or belittle his beliefs. I often try to bring sources which are considered authoritative within the Jewish community {i.e. Talmud, Shulchan Aruch, Commentators such as Rashi & Rambam, etc.}.

I am very upset that this has erupted to this level of machlokes/conflict. Until the last two days I had a very high opinion of Massuh and his writing. He still strikes me as very intelligent and well-read with a good grasp of history. What I find a problem with is that every religious discussion with him ends up devolving into an attack on what he perceives as people acting 'Holier than thou' and intolerant of differences. I am very tolerant of people with differences and I co-exist with people of all kinds of backgrounds {so long as they respect my background}.

And as to my perceived dislike of Christianity.. I have stated what I think is the Jewish idea concerning Jews following any beliefs which are not considered normative for Jews. I simply rebuke them {tell them that they are wrong according to my understanding} and let them make their own decisions. That is what I am supposed to do according to Torah, so that I will not bear their sins. I would hope that if I state something which is against Jewish halacha that someone will point it out to me. I will not be angry with them and I will take their rebuke with the intention of trying to understand where I made an error.

I do not speak for Chabad. I do have a lot of connections with Chabad and know personally several very good Chabad Rabbis. I sure hope people have not made their mind up about Chabad based on my behavior because I am not a spokesman for them and I would not want to misrepresent them.

When will we be able to achieve our goals? Why do we spend so much effort just fighting between ourselves. Some people post things which I find completely ridiculous such as the posts about Eminem and Miley Cirus, etc. There are so many celebrities which can be complained about it is really dumb, in my opinion, to pick out this one or that one. Should JTF become the place to go for celebrity gossip? I really don't want that to happen. I try to avoid celebrity gossip every day and go out of my way to avoid getting involved with such pettiness. There are entire publications devoted to gossiping about the misdeeds of celebrities...

Let us reflect upon what we can each do to improve the JTF experience. There was a time when I looked forward to coming to JTF to talk with my friends and co-religionists but recently we have had so much infighting that I wake up each morning with a fear of what will blow up here between JTF members.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2010, 05:23:17 PM »
I do feel that Massuh is often saying very controversial things here against what we consider normative Judaism {what I mean is Orthodox observance of Judaism}
You don't think that perpetuating the idea that Native Americans are descended from Jews (which is the dogma of the Mormon polytheistic cult) is against normative Judaism?

What I find a problem with is that every religious discussion with him ends up devolving into an attack on what he perceives as people acting 'Holier than thou' and intolerant of differences.
You don't ever question why many members seem to pick up on this "holier than thou" attitude? Tell me, why did you rip into Muck DeFuslims or Secularbeliever (I forgot which one of those it was) for his post in the asking-of-forgiveness thread?

I simply rebuke them {tell them that they are wrong according to my understanding} and let them make their own decisions. That is what I am supposed to do according to Torah, so that I will not bear their sins.
"Rebuke us"? LOL. We are sorry we have been bad little children. I didn't know that it was your job and mission in life to go out and missionize to us, and I really didn't know that G-d will hold you accountable for not trying hard enough to convert us. Nonetheless, you have already tried this many times and most of us are quite fine with our beliefs... you think I am beating a dead horse with Miley Cyrus and Eminem, but you don't think you are with your own constant preaching (to members who are not even Jewish) and ramblings about "idolatry"?

I do not speak for Chabad. I do have a lot of connections with Chabad and know personally several very good Chabad Rabbis. I sure hope people have not made their mind up about Chabad based on my behavior because I am not a spokesman for them and I would not want to misrepresent them.
I like Chabad Jews very much. That's all I will say.

Some people post things which I find completely ridiculous such as the posts about Eminem and Miley Cirus, etc. There are so many celebrities which can be complained about it is really dumb, in my opinion, to pick out this one or that one. Should JTF become the place to go for celebrity gossip? I really don't want that to happen. I try to avoid celebrity gossip every day and go out of my way to avoid getting involved with such pettiness. There are entire publications devoted to gossiping about the misdeeds of celebrities...
And you don't think your Roger Waters thread was at the level of celebrity nonsense? You have an interesting definition of which threads are worthy and which aren't, and it seems like the sole determining factor is whether or not you make them.

Let us reflect upon what we can each do to improve the JTF experience. There was a time when I looked forward to coming to JTF to talk with my friends and co-religionists but recently we have had so much infighting that I wake up each morning with a fear of what will blow up here between JTF members.
If that is genuinely your position, it might be useful to spend some time before the mirror. I am sure you will point out that I can't possibly understand this as a Gentile, but most of the people who have issues with what you write at JTF are fellow Jews.