Author Topic: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/01/10)  (Read 820 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/01/10)
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/audio/0avUriE-/_6_online.html

The program was 1 hour and 57 minutes this week.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (11/01/10)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 10:59:45 PM »
I'm looking forward to listening to it :)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:59:58 PM »
Thank you Chaim.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 05:21:01 AM »
Thank you, Chaim!
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 05:52:31 AM »
Thank you Chaim. I listened with special interest to your answer to Dr Dan’s question about Avraham because I must say this is one of the passages in the Bible that really challenges my faith. I understand that G-d’s intention is to test Avraham and your putting the story back in the appropriate context sheds light on its meaning.
But, deep down, I must admit that I cannot understand Avraham’s decision in that instance. I confess that I view more Avraham’s decision as evidence of a blind submission to authority and that frightens me. If I had been G-d, if I may say, the test would have consisted in checking that Avraham refuses to obey a crazy order. I am sorry if my sounding heretic is offensive to anyone, it is certainly not my intention, I feel the need to give my interpretation because that story has been troubling my conscience for a long time. Thank you for understanding my qualms. I am just trying to be sincere.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:50:50 AM by yaakov mendel »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 06:21:00 AM »
Thank you for your very kind words Chaim. I feel more optimistic about the forum now thanks to your answer too.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2010, 09:45:57 AM »
Thank you Chaim. I love your responses.  :::D
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2010, 10:18:23 AM »
Thank you Chaim. I listened with special interest to your answer to Dr Dan’s question about Avraham because I must say this is one of the passages in the Bible that really challenges my faith. I understand that G-d’s intention is to test Avraham and your putting the story back in the appropriate context sheds light on its meaning.
But, deep down, I must admit that I cannot understand Avraham’s decision in that instance. I confess that I view more Avraham’s decision as evidence of a blind submission to authority and that frightens me. If I had been G-d, if I may say, the test would have consisted in checking that Avraham refuses to obey a crazy order. I am sorry if my sounding heretic is offensive to anyone, it is certainly not my intention, I feel the need to give my interpretation because that story has been troubling my conscience for a long time. Thank you for understanding my qualms. I am just trying to be sincere.

בס''ד

Shalom Yaakov.

G-d is the Creator of all things. He is absolutely perfect. He does not need us but He created us to share with lesser beings the ultimate good, which is G-d Himself. G-d does not have ulterior motives or human emotions. Everything that He does is for our own good. Even when terrible tragedies occur, they occur for our own good. When you consider that He promises eternal life to those who do what He commands, the suffering that we often see in this world pales in comparision to the eternal reward that awaits us.

Avraham demonstrated complete faith in G-d when he was willing to sacrifice his beloved son whom he had waited for all of his life. Avraham proved that he understood that Hashem is always right and always knows what is best. And his son Yitzchak was very willing to be sacrificed. When Hashem saw this tremendous loyalty and faith, He entered into an eternal covenant with Avraham, Yitzchak and the entire Jewish people. Because Hashem saw that the day would come when Jews would be willing to sacrifice their children and themselves rather than betray the Jewish faith. Many times in history, there were Jews who were brutally murdered because they would not convert or betray the Jewish faith. These Jews and their children were tortured and murdered. Their faith, loyalty and heroism is the reason Hashem has mercy on us in this evil generation. The incredible heroism of Avraham and Yitzchak were early signs of the great Jewish heroism that we would witness during 3500 years of Jewish history.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 10:40:21 AM »

בס''ד

Shalom Yaakov.

G-d is the Creator of all things. He is absolutely perfect. He does not need us but He created us to share with lesser beings the ultimate good, which is G-d Himself. G-d does not have ulterior motives or human emotions. Everything that He does is for our own good. Even when terrible tragedies occur, they occur for our own good. When you consider that He promises eternal life to those who do what He commands, the suffering that we often see in this world pales in comparision to the eternal reward that awaits us.

Avraham demonstrated complete faith in G-d when he was willing to sacrifice his beloved son whom he had waited for all of his life. Avraham proved that he understood that Hashem is always right and always knows what is best. And his son Yitzchak was very willing to be sacrificed. When Hashem saw this tremendous loyalty and faith, He entered into an eternal covenant with Avraham, Yitzchak and the entire Jewish people. Because Hashem saw that the day would come when Jews would be willing to sacrifice their children and themselves rather than betray the Jewish faith. Many times in history, there were Jews who were brutally murdered because they would not convert or betray the Jewish faith. These Jews and their children were tortured and murdered. Their faith, loyalty and heroism is the reason Hashem has mercy on us in this evil generation. The incredible heroism of Avraham and Yitzchak were early signs of the great Jewish heroism that we would witness during 3500 years of Jewish history.

Thank you so much Chaim for your clear explanation. It really helps me understand this challenging passage in the Bible.

Offline Alex37

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
Thank you very much Chaim, great comments!     :)