Author Topic: JTFers Voters in North East Queens: Vote against Gary Ackerman  (Read 1698 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
JTFers Voters in North East Queens: Vote against Gary Ackerman
« on: October 23, 2010, 07:48:18 PM »
For the district vote for Dr. James Milano for Congress.  Ackerman has been in Congress for over 20 years and has become the career politician and an is a disease to this district.

On November 2nd, Row B.

Dr. James Milano on the Conservative line for Congress.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
Re: JTFers Voters in North East Queens: Vote against Gary Ackerman
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 07:49:34 PM »
BTW Ackerman has voted 98% of the time with Obama and Pelosi.. And this includes Tarp, the stimulus that has bankrupt this country and Obamacare.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 08:25:54 PM »
The following is Dr. James Milano's website:

http://www.jamesmilanoforcongress.com/index.php

In addition to what Masterwolf mentioned,    those of you living in Northwest Nassau County    (   including Great Neck,  Manhasset,   Plandome,    Port Washington,    Roslyn,     Albertson,   and Old Westbury )   who are registered voters can vote for Dr. Milano in this crucial election.       Even if you don't live in the 5th Congressional District,   if you know people who do,   you can stress to them that this is one of the most important Congressional Races in the entire country.     

I live in the 4th Congressional District,   where Democrat Carolyn McCarthy is the incumbent.    While McCarthy votes with Barack Hussein Obama and Nancy Pelosi 97 % of the time,    she's basically a puppet of Pelosi's.      McCarthy isn't that bright.     From my perspective,   the 5th Congressional Race is at least 100 times more important!     Arguably a million times more important!    Gary Ackerman is an absolute disaster for the United States and Israel.     Ackerman endangers the lives of all of us.    Unfortunately,   Ackerman is bright and knows the issues.      Chaim has talked extensive about Ackerman over the years.     I've tried to expose Ackerman here in the JTF Forum,  elsewhere on the Internet,    at a Campaign Forum  (   I asked him his opinion about the Ground Zero Mosque ),    and when talking to 5th Congressional District Voters.   

One thing for voters in the 5th Congressional District to keep in mind is something that the media refuses to report.    Elizabeth Berney,   who was defeated by Dr. Milano in the Republican Primary is NOT seeking votes in the 2010 general  election despite the fact that's on the Tax Revolt line of the ballot.      She can't get off the ballot.    Liz Berney has come out in support for Dr. Milano and I know that she's been helping him behind the scenes.    At the same time,  she's discussing issues at the Candidates Forums that are important to me and many others .        It's imperative that everyone supports Dr. Milano in this critical election.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »
Is that the one Chaim calls "Osama bin Ackerman?"

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

Absolutely!

Gary Ackerman is the Chairman of the House Subcommittee on the Middle East and South Asia.     This,  along with the fact that most people believe he's Pro-Israel,   makes him as dangerous as anyone in the House of Representatives.     

In the thread about Anthony Weiner,   I posted a couple of articles regarding Gary Ackerman:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,50184.0.html
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:41 AM »

Yes he is a fat disgusting very far leftist pig.  In Hawaii if you put an apple in his mouth you can have a luau

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 05:54:16 PM »
Earlier today,   I attended a Town Hall meeting in Bellrose, Queens at the VFW.    The main theme of the Town Hall was regarding ObamaCare.    Betsy McCaughey,   the former NY State Lt. Governor spoke.      She's one of the most knowledgeable people regarding this hideous legislation and has pointed out the multitude of problems associated with ObamaCare.

Both Gary Ackerman and Dr. James Milano were invited to participate in the Town Hall Meeting.    Not surprisingly,   Gary Ackerman didn't show up or send a representative.    Dr. Milano had an opportunity to make a presentation and then answer many questions.     

What stood out more than anything regarding today's event was the comments by Democrat Patricia Maher,   who ran against Ackerman in the 5th District Democrat Primary.     Maher mentioned to the audience that Ackerman was responsible getting her fired from her job,   shortly after the Democrat Primary concluded.      This is the real Gary Ackerman,    not the Ackerman that puts on an act when he greets people while campaigning.

Tomorrow morning,    I'm going up to the Great Neck Train Station to help Dr. Milano (  who will be present ) give out campaign cards to people.     After that,  I'm going to be going to stores on Northern Blvd.  in Little Neck and going West Bound in order to ask whether I can put up a campaign sign in the respective store.       

While I supported and helped Dr. Milano's Republican opponent Elizabeth Berney in the Republican Primary Campaign,      I feel it's an obligation to help Dr. Milano in his efforts to defeat Gary Ackerman.         

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 06:40:00 PM »
Earlier today,   I attended a Town Hall meeting in Bellrose, Queens at the VFW.    The main theme of the Town Hall was regarding ObamaCare.    Betsy McCaughey,   the former NY State Lt. Governor spoke.      She's one of the most knowledgeable people regarding this hideous legislation and has pointed out the multitude of problems associated with ObamaCare.

Both Gary Ackerman and Dr. James Milano were invited to participate in the Town Hall Meeting.    Not surprisingly,   Gary Ackerman didn't show up or send a representative.    Dr. Milano had an opportunity to make a presentation and then answer many questions.     

What stood out more than anything regarding today's event was the comments by Democrat Patricia Maher,   who ran against Ackerman in the 5th District Democrat Primary.     Maher mentioned to the audience that Ackerman was responsible getting her fired from her job,   shortly after the Democrat Primary concluded.      This is the real Gary Ackerman,    not the Ackerman that puts on an act when he greets people while campaigning.

Tomorrow morning,    I'm going up to the Great Neck Train Station to help Dr. Milano (  who will be present ) give out campaign cards to people.     After that,  I'm going to be going to stores on Northern Blvd.  in Little Neck and going West Bound in order to ask whether I can put up a campaign sign in the respective store.       

While I supported and helped Dr. Milano's Republican opponent Elizabeth Berney in the Republican Primary Campaign,      I feel it's an obligation to help Dr. Milano in his efforts to defeat Gary Ackerman.         

I liked Elizabeth Berney too but I want that Ackerman just to deflate literally go away from the district.  He is such a disgrace. He actually went on the congress floor and said quote..

"No one actually died for that flag" Meaning the U.S. flag which is an outrage and a lie.  So many U.S. service men and women and great Americans did lose their lives in honor for the flag.

Dr. Milano will get my vote hands down..

Just remember Row B

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 11:31:59 PM »
Masterwolf,    I'll offer some additional thoughts about what you mentioned in the coming days.

I just want everyone in JTF  (  and elsewhere )  to know what Gary Ackerman said at a Candidates Forum in Douglaston Tuesday Night:

After being challenged by a member of the audience,   Ackerman said that he's a Zionist,   mentioned credentials on Israel that JTF think are a huge liability,   not an asset,   and basically attempted to degrade Dr. Milano's credentials on Israel and in general.

Then after the moderator had to step in after Ackerman and the audience member went back and forth,   Ackerman said.     This is a direct quote:

"I'm sorry this has become about Israel but it's not my doing" .     

What a subhuman disagrace!

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 01:36:37 AM »
Ackerman is the worst kind of self hating Jew. However odds are this piece of [censored] will get reelected. New Yorkers are crazy
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 10:15:08 PM »
Ackerman is the worst kind of self hating Jew. However odds are this piece of drek will get reelected. New Yorkers are crazy

A few hours ago,   I attended what was around a one hour debate featuring the three 5th District Candidates on the ballot.       It was held at the Palace Diner in Flushing,  Queens  which is right off the L.I.E.        The Queensborough Hill Civic Association hosted the debate.

The moment I was hoping for since getting involved in this Congressional Race came THAT close to happening.    If not for the despicable moderator from the Queensborough Hill Civic Association,   Gary Ackerman would have been exposed as a fraud on Israel.       This moderator gave Gary Ackerman more time to speak than Dr. James Milano or Elizabeth Berney.     Then after the debate turned towards Israel with Liz Berney and Gary Ackerman going back and forth,     Ackerman had the last chance to speak.    DESPITE the fact that it was the 3rd time he was able to speak!     Dr. Milano and Liz Berney only had two opportunties to speak.    Ackerman in essence got the last word.     Liz Berney tried to mention Ackerman's support of Mahmoud Abbas but the moderator kept cutting her off.    Not enough people were able to hear her because of this moderator.        Many people,   including myself shouted at the moderator for his bias.     I was livid!     I'm not sure how many other people in the audience realized the danger Ackerman was in.    Maybe not in terms of the election next week.    But very likely in terms of his long term image.      Ackerman is extremely defensive when defending his record on Israel.     He takes it very personally that anyone would question him on this.     Ackerman dodged a bullet only because of a leftist moderator.       This same moderator tried to silence the Tea Party people and some others against Ackerman.     This debate had fireworks on many fronts.     

I overheard the moderator saying to someone that it was 2 against 1.    That's why he let Gary Ackerman speak more and get the last word in.    What a CROCK!      No candidate should get an advantage to the extent that Ackerman did.    It's yet another example of the left wing bias that is a central theme of New York and much of the USA as a whole.       This should have been the beginning of the end of Gary Ackerman!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 01:02:16 AM »

In addition to what Masterwolf mentioned,    those of you living in Northwest Nassau County    (   including Great Neck,  Manhasset,   Plandome,    Port Washington,    Roslyn,     Albertson,   and Old Westbury )   who are registered voters can vote for Dr. Milano in this crucial election.       Even if you don't live in the 5th Congressional District,   if you know people who do,   you can stress to them that this is one of the most important Congressional Races in the entire country.     

I live in the 4th Congressional District,   where Democrat Carolyn McCarthy is the incumbent.    While McCarthy votes with Barack Hussein Obama and Nancy Pelosi 97 % of the time,    she's basically a puppet of Pelosi's.      McCarthy isn't that bright.     From my perspective,   the 5th Congressional Race is at least 100 times more important!     Arguably a million times more important!    Gary Ackerman is an absolute disaster for the United States and Israel.     Ackerman endangers the lives of all of us.    Unfortunately,   Ackerman is bright and knows the issues.      Chaim has talked extensive about Ackerman over the years.     I've tried to expose Ackerman here in the JTF Forum,  elsewhere on the Internet,    at a Campaign Forum  (   I asked him his opinion about the Ground Zero Mosque ),    and when talking to 5th Congressional District Voters.   

One thing for voters in the 5th Congressional District to keep in mind is something that the media refuses to report.    Elizabeth Berney,   who was defeated by Dr. Milano in the Republican Primary is NOT seeking votes in the 2010 general  election despite the fact that's on the Tax Revolt line of the ballot.      She can't get off the ballot.    Liz Berney has come out in support for Dr. Milano and I know that she's been helping him behind the scenes.    At the same time,  she's discussing issues at the Candidates Forums that are important to me and many others .        It's imperative that everyone supports Dr. Milano in this critical election.   

I know about McCarthy,, didn't she also push for gun bannings?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 11:42:11 PM »

I know about McCarthy,, didn't she also push for gun bannings?

That's correct.

Gun Control is the issue that Carolyn McCarthy is most dangerous        The reason,   because her husband was killed by a savage in the Long Island Railroad and her son was seriously injured in same attack.         

Having said that,    factoring everything,    Carolyn McCarthy isn't remotely as dangerous as Gary Ackerman.      McCarthy is a puppet of Nancy Pelosi.     Ackerman agrees with Pelosi's agenda but his influence is substantial.           As much as I detest Ackerman,   he's bright and knows the issues.      McCarthy is way over her head as a Congresswoman.       

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2010, 11:43:08 PM »
Here's part of Liz Berney's response to the hideous so called moderator!      It was an extraordinary effort by Liz Berney,   especially since she was not feeling well in the time leading up to the debate:

'Liz Berney's rebuttal since being refused to speak.avi'

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 12:26:04 AM »
Amazing, the Nazi harpy Carolyn McCarthy (yimach schma) wants to confiscate everyone's guns BUT she wants to give every negro in America (and on the planet) free food, medicine, and housing for life on our dime.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 08:21:52 AM »
Amazing, the Nazi harpy Carolyn McCarthy (yimach schma) wants to confiscate everyone's guns BUT she wants to give every negro in America (and on the planet) free food, medicine, and housing for life on our dime.

DBF,   this afternoon I'm going to the headquarters of Carolyn McCarthy's opponent,    Republican Fran Becker to try to help Becker's campaign.     While the 5th Congressional Race is as important as any in the entire United States because of extreme dangers that Gary Ackerman causes,    getting rid of Carolyn McCarthy is important in it's own right.     Your post helps illustrate why.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 08:33:24 AM by eb22 »

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 08:29:59 AM »
I received the following press release from Dr. Milano's campaign the other day.     This morning,   I was at the Manhasset Train Station giving out campaign literature for Dr. Milano and Jack Martins,   who is the Republican State Senate candidate in the 7th District.     That in itself is a VERY important race.   Incumbent Democrat Craig Johnson  ( who happens to be Jewish ),   has leftist positions on more issues one can count.     Believe me,   Jack Martins is the FAR better option.     This State Senate race might be the difference in whether the Republicans regain the majority in the State Senate.    Currently,  the Democrats have a 32-30 edge.

I asked one of the people who was helping giving out campaign literature for Dr. Milano if she knew whether Gary Ackerman accepted Dr. Milano's challenge for the following debate.     While she was well aware of the press release that I'm posting,   as of 8:35am this morning,   she hasn't heard any updates:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

October 30, 2010

Contact: Anthony Carollo 917-- 842-- 1836            917-- 842-- 1836       

MILANO CALLS FOR DEBATE ON US-ISRAEL RELATIONS
CALLS ON ACKERMAN TO COME CLEAN ON HIS LIES TO JEWISH VOTERS

Ever since the recent news that Rep Gary Ackerman is in bed with J Street, the pseudo pro-Israel organization funded by George Soros, his base of support in the Jewish community in Congressional District 5 has been rapidly eroding. The truth has been coming out about Ackerman’s true contempt for Israel. Just how horrible is J Street to those who love and support Israel? J Street is a left-wing front group for pro-Palestinian causes that attacks Israel for defending itself against terrorism; they back candidates who don’t support Israel, and co-founder Daniel Levy condemns Israel’s very founding. No other politician in the New York delegation accepted J Street’s invitation to their recent fundraiser in New York, except Gary Ackerman. Politicians who are J Street’s beneficiaries are a disgrace.  Learn more about J Street here:

Fuming over the actuality that he may lose the upcoming election, in desperation Ackerman has taken to lying, defamation and slander of his opponent, Dr. James Milano, the Republican running for Congress. Dr. Milano is calling for a debate on Monday, requesting that Gary Ackerman come out publicly and discuss US-Israel relations, J Street funding, as well as the calculated lies he has been disseminating to the public about Dr. Milano’s unwavering support for Israel.

Ackerman, endorsed by the Working Families Party, has a $ multi-million campaign war chest, funded in part by J Street, George Soros and the notorious Zises family, deeply embedded in the Michael Milken and Bernard Madoff scandals. Ackerman has been using his ill gotten campaign wealth for despicable hit pieces in the mail attacking his opponent.

The first Ackerman glossy mailer sent to the voters of CD-5 stated “Instead of protecting our investment, James Milano wants to privatize Social Security and risk our retirement in the stock market” which was cited in Fortune Magazine, January 13, 2009. This is a lie. Milano never made any statement about privatizing Social Security and never even spoke to anyone from Fortune Magazine. Rather he would in fact protect our Social Security and give seniors a much needed Social Security COLA, or Cost of Living Adjustment, which Ackerman denied. Then the voters received a hit piece claiming that Dr. Milano was interviewed by the Queens Courier saying that he wants to take away a woman’s right to choose and push her into the back alleys. This is a deliberate misrepresentation of Milano’s position and an outrageous lie that an interview took place. The owner of the Queens Courier denied that Milano made such a statement or even that an interview ever happened.

The most recent piece was a vile full page mailer filled with lies, entitled “Milano’s Doublespeak on Israel” claiming that Gary Ackerman is “a champion for Israel.” The hit piece talks about “the Milano plan” that would “threaten Israel’s security”, “cut foreign aid”, “recognize an independent Palestine” and “have Israel stop building everywhere- including Jerusalem.” These are fictitious statements pulled out of the thin air, designed to hurt Milano in the eyes of unsuspecting Jewish voters. The opposite is true. Milano stands for the right of Israel to build in Jerusalem and expand, cutting foreign aid to Egypt and other Arab nations, not Israel, with no recognition of an independent Palestine.

Again there was a fictitious quote attributed to Milano cited by the Great Neck New, October 15, 2010 alleging that he said “I think Israel should end the negotiations and halt building for expansion.” He actually said that Israel should end the negotiations and build on the land they have. In fact he stated that “you cannot halt the expansion of the Jewish people.”

The statements Ackerman falsely attributes to his opponent are indeed his own. He revealed his true contempt for Israel, remaining silent while President Obama was mistreating Prime Minister Netanyahu. He did nothing to counter the animosity of the White House toward Israel, since he was busy at the time writing letters on behalf of Judge Goldstone, who penned the notorious report accusing Israel of war crimes in the Gaza war. Obama and Ackerman agreed to U.S. participation in the UN Human Rights Commission, which The America Stands with Israel Act opposed. The initiative which Ackerman refused to support reaffirms America’s support for Israel and calls for defunding of the anti-Israel body. He accused Israelis of “perpetration of settler pogroms” and voiced his opposition to construction projects in Jerusalem in the JTA Jewish news service, February 12, 2009. Dr. Milano, not Gary Ackerman is the true “champion for Israel”.  The duplicitous Congressman has proven that he has no scruples or even a shred of integrity left now that his future political career hangs in the balance.

###

www.jamesmilanoforcongress.com

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 08:39:49 AM »
He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas
He's smart this is one of the top five medical schools in the U.S
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »
LOOK AT THIS    http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/new_york/j_street_fundraiser_ackerman     

J Street Fundraiser For Ackerman
8Share
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Adam Dickter
Assistant Managing Editor

J Street  founder and executive director Jeremy Ben-Ami  will be in New York tonight to host a fundraiser for three Democrat House members, including Queens/Long Island Rep. Gary Ackerman.

Here's a copy of a letter accompanying the invite, forwarded to us by someone who is not a fan of Ackerman or J Street.

I am writing today to invite you to an event for J Street, an organization I feel very strongly about. J Street is having an increasing impact on today's political discourse about the Middle East and the involvement of congressional members and their support for J Street policies and policies are vital to the organization's work.

On Wednesday evening, October 13, 2010 at 6:30pm, I am hosting a J Street PAC event benefiting Representatives Gary Ackerman (D-NY5), Dan Maffei (D-NY25) and Chellie Pingree (D-ME1) who each support J Street. They are excellent advocates for pro-Israel, pro-peace positions in Congress and courageous leaders on other progressive issues as well, such as health care and climate change. Jeremy Ben-Ami , the Executive Director of JStreet, will be there to introduce the Congress Members and give an overview of J Street's work and the current state of the peace process in the Middle East.With direct talks between the Israelis and Palestinians having begun, but yet again stalled this week over the settlement issue and the mid-term elections coming up in the U.S, this will be a great opportunity to hear from Jeremy about the intersection between U.S politics and the Middle East. Please consider attending, learning about the organization, and supporting its endorsed candidates.
Reduce taxes,help charities
New low fares for Amtrak northeast destinations

Demonstrating significant political and financial support for candidates who support strong US leadership in moving the peace process forward gives Members of Congress the political cover they need to stand by the courage of their convictions on this issue. J Street PAC has already raised over $1,000,000 for 62 candidates in this election cycle, making it the single largest pro-Israel PAC. The more funds we can raise for our 62 endorsees -- including our most recent endorsee, Ann Mclane Kuster in NH -- the stronger our views and federal position become.

[snip]

Thank you in advance for your time and support. I wouldn't ask if it weren't important. If you cannot attend, please consider making a contribution to this vital work.

Warmly,

Alexandra

The host of the event is  J Street advisory council member Alexandra Stanton.

In a call to The Jewish Week after this item was posted, J Street spokeswoman Amy Spitalnick said the group said the organization "has endorsed both incumbents and challengers for open seats and will continue to do so." She said the group would not disclose whether Ackerman sought out the endorsement.

Ackerman faces Republican challenger James Milano, a physican at St. Francis Heart Hospital in Roslyn.

On Sunday, a group of right-leaning Jewish activists will gather at consecutive events in Hillcrest, Queens, and Great Neck to denounce Ackerman, who they believe has a mixed record on Israel because he has supported President Barack Obama's Mideast policies and did not support an initiative by Long Island Rep. Pete King calling for the U.S. to withdraw from UN Human Rights Council. The Council is often critical of Israel.

Included in the anti-Ackerman group are Jeff Weisenfeld, a former aide to Gov. George Pataki, Jan Fenster, a former president of the Northeast Queens Jewish Community Council, Dr. Joseph Frager, president of American Friends of Ateret Cohanim (a group that reclaims formerly Jewish land in Jerusalem's Old City) and others.

Ackerman is "the Jewish equivalent of [Yasir] Arafat," said Weisenfeld, "not because of terrorism but because he says one thing to a Jewish audience and one thing to another, and it's all empty."

Of course, Weisenfeld and Co. aren't happy with the J Street endorsement either.

J Street has been reeling after it was revealed that the lobby group concealed major funding from left-wing Israel critic George Soros.

More on the protest and Ackerman's reaction to come.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:53:49 AM »
He received his medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas
He's smart this is one of the top five medical schools in the U.S

mord,   thanks for the tidbit.    

As someone who has spoken to Dr. Milano on a number of occasions since late August and has heard him at numerous Candidates Forums and Debates,   there's no question that he's intelligent.     He's also been friendly and polite to me and to potential voters.

Yet,  an obstacle for Dr. Milano is that because of his background,    he wasn't as familiar with many of the issues as Gary Ackerman and his Republican Challenger in the primary,    Liz Berney,   who is one of the most well informed people I've EVER known.        This is a significant concern of mine regarding Dr. Milano's chances of being able to pull off a win,   in a race against a 27 year incumbent who has MUCH more campaign funds,   and the media in his back pocket.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:30 AM »
LOOK AT THIS    http://www.thejewishweek.com/news/new_york/j_street_fundraiser_ackerman     

J Street Fundraiser For Ackerman
8Share
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Adam Dickter
Assistant Managing Editor

J Street  founder and executive director Jeremy Ben-Ami  will be in New York tonight to host a fundraiser for three Democrat House members, including Queens/Long Island Rep. Gary Ackerman.

Here's a copy of a letter accompanying the invite, forwarded to us by someone who is not a fan of Ackerman or J Street.

I am writing today to invite you to an event for J Street, an organization I feel very strongly about. J Street is having an increasing impact on today's political discourse about the Middle East and the involvement of congressional members and their support for J Street policies and policies are vital to the organization's work.

On Wednesday evening, October 13, 2010 at 6:30pm, I am hosting a J Street PAC event benefiting Representatives Gary Ackerman (D-NY5), Dan Maffei (D-NY25) and Chellie Pingree (D-ME1) who each support J Street. They are excellent advocates for pro-Israel, pro-peace positions in Congress and courageous leaders on other progressive issues as well, such as health care and climate change. Jeremy Ben-Ami , the Executive Director of JStreet, will be there to introduce the Congress Members and give an overview of J Street's work and the current state of the peace process in the Middle East.With direct talks between the Israelis and Palestinians having begun, but yet again stalled this week over the settlement issue and the mid-term elections coming up in the U.S, this will be a great opportunity to hear from Jeremy about the intersection between U.S politics and the Middle East. Please consider attending, learning about the organization, and supporting its endorsed candidates.
Reduce taxes,help charities
New low fares for Amtrak northeast destinations

Demonstrating significant political and financial support for candidates who support strong US leadership in moving the peace process forward gives Members of Congress the political cover they need to stand by the courage of their convictions on this issue. J Street PAC has already raised over $1,000,000 for 62 candidates in this election cycle, making it the single largest pro-Israel PAC. The more funds we can raise for our 62 endorsees -- including our most recent endorsee, Ann Mclane Kuster in NH -- the stronger our views and federal position become.

[snip]

Thank you in advance for your time and support. I wouldn't ask if it weren't important. If you cannot attend, please consider making a contribution to this vital work.

Warmly,

Alexandra

The host of the event is  J Street advisory council member Alexandra Stanton.

In a call to The Jewish Week after this item was posted, J Street spokeswoman Amy Spitalnick said the group said the organization "has endorsed both incumbents and challengers for open seats and will continue to do so." She said the group would not disclose whether Ackerman sought out the endorsement.

Ackerman faces Republican challenger James Milano, a physican at St. Francis Heart Hospital in Roslyn.

On Sunday, a group of right-leaning Jewish activists will gather at consecutive events in Hillcrest, Queens, and Great Neck to denounce Ackerman, who they believe has a mixed record on Israel because he has supported President Barack Obama's Mideast policies and did not support an initiative by Long Island Rep. Pete King calling for the U.S. to withdraw from UN Human Rights Council. The Council is often critical of Israel.

Included in the anti-Ackerman group are Jeff Weisenfeld, a former aide to Gov. George Pataki, Jan Fenster, a former president of the Northeast Queens Jewish Community Council, Dr. Joseph Frager, president of American Friends of Ateret Cohanim (a group that reclaims formerly Jewish land in Jerusalem's Old City) and others.

Ackerman is "the Jewish equivalent of [Yasir] Arafat," said Weisenfeld, "not because of terrorism but because he says one thing to a Jewish audience and one thing to another, and it's all empty."

Of course, Weisenfeld and Co. aren't happy with the J Street endorsement either.

J Street has been reeling after it was revealed that the lobby group concealed major funding from left-wing Israel critic George Soros.

More on the protest and Ackerman's reaction to come.

mord,   interestingly I found out about this around 2 hours before the night of the Candidates Debate in Manhasset,   which was Wed. Night Oct. 13.    I certainly made sure that Dr. Milano and Liz Berney were aware of this.     

In that particular debate,    the only time Israel even came up is when Liz Berney mentioned some of her concerns,   in either her opening remarks or closing remarks. 

However,   Dr. Milano had two or three press conferences a few days later that involved Gary Ackerman's ties to J-Street,   among many other concerns regarding Ackerman's horrific record on Israel:

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 02:58:34 PM »
Elizabeth Berney's response in defense of Dr. Milano is excellent.    It's well worth sharing.     Please help defeat Gary Ackerman!  :

http://www.lizberneyforcongress.com/2010/10/31/milanos-statements-on-israel-are-positive-ackerman-committtee-mailer-is-a-smear/

Welcome! (Oct. 2010) .Milano’s Statements On Israel Are Positive; Ackerman Committtee Mailer Is A Smear
On October 31, 2010, in Israel & Iran, by lizberney
By Elizabeth Berney, Esq. (Tax Revolt Party Candidate and Republican Committeewoman) Political campaigns should fairly and accurately present and debate differences (and discuss similarities) on the issues.  Campaigns should not be about smears and distortions.  For this reason, and because of my longstanding pro-Israel and pro-security advocacy, I am compelled to speak up about the recent disgraceful smears regarding Dr. [...]

By Elizabeth Berney, Esq. (Tax Revolt Party Candidate and Republican Committeewoman)
Political campaigns should fairly and accurately present and debate differences (and discuss similarities) on the issues.  Campaigns should not be about smears and distortions.  For this reason, and because of my longstanding pro-Israel and pro-security advocacy, I am compelled to speak up about the recent disgraceful smears regarding Dr. Milano’s views on Israel, contained in a mailer sent out by Congressman Ackerman’s campaign committee.
During recent weeks (the general campaign season), Dr. Milano has spoken up publicly for our ally Israel, loudly, clearly, passionately, repeatedly and unequivocally.  Dr. Milano rightly and strongly states that he supports Jerusalem remaining united under Israeli sovereignty, Israel’s right to build and retain Israeli settlements, cutting aid to Israel’s enemies, and no recognition of a Palestinian state.  Dr. Milano also emphasizes that America’s and Israel’s interests and security are intertwined.  He opposes Obama’s efforts to force Israel to retreat from the areas that Israel (re)captured in 1967.  Dr. Milano believes in the Biblical command regarding Israel: “I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.”
I hope that Congressman Ackerman will agree to the debate on Israel requested by Dr. Milano.  This issue should be properly, honestly and fairly aired, even if it is the eve of the election.  If such a debate can be arranged, I would be very pleased to attend and participate.

If you enjoyed this article, please consider sharing it!   

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
You mentioned this race is in the "7th district"  - Sorry for my ignorance, but what areas are included in that?   (I'm not even sure if I get to vote in that race or not, but would like to find out because I would love to vote against osama bin ackerman).   So what is the 7th district and who votes for it?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
You mentioned this race is in the "7th district"  - Sorry for my ignorance, but what areas are included in that?   (I'm not even sure if I get to vote in that race or not, but would like to find out because I would love to vote against osama bin ackerman).   So what is the 7th district and who votes for it?

Great question.

The 7th District race is the NY State Senate Race between Republican Jack Martins,   who currently is the mayor of Mineola.    And incumbent Democrat Craig Johnson.       The 7th State Senate District is in Nassau County,    mainly in the Northwestern part of the County and some areas south and East.     If you or anyone lives in Nassau County,    just let me know and I will mention many of the towns that include the 7th State Senate District.

On the other hand,   the NY 5th Congressional District,  in which Gary Ackerman has been the so called representative since 1983 is in most of N.W. Nassau County and much of N.E and N. Central Queens.       In terms of population somewhere around 65 % of the voters in the district are in Queens.     

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 03:42:45 PM »
Thanks.