Author Topic: Another American Pakistani charged for DC Subway bomb plot  (Read 375 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Another American Pakistani charged for DC Subway bomb plot
« on: October 27, 2010, 01:49:06 PM »
What is it about Pakistani-Americans? So many of these so-called American citizens are waging jihad against the country which welcomed them and offered unlimited opportunity to them and their families. But there now is a list as long as my arm of American-born muslims of Pakistani descent who have been caught plotting to blow up American interests in the homeland.

This is the latest example:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/27/washington-alleged-terror-plot-arrest

Man held over 'terror plot' on Washington DC subway
Pakistani-American charged with attempting to help al-Qaida plan attack which would have involved multiple bombings

A Pakistani-American was charged today with plotting a terrorist attack near Washington DC that would have targeted the capital's subway system and could have led to mass casualties.

The FBI said the man, who lived in Ashburn, Virginia, about 30 miles from Washington, was caught in a sting operation and believed that he was dealing with al-Qaida operatives who were in fact FBI agents.

Farooque Ahmed, 34, who was born in Pakistan and later became a US citizen, is accused of attempting to provide material support to al-Qaida and collecting information to help in planning a terrorist attack on the subway that would have involved multiple bombings.

He was arrested earlier today and charged in Alexandria, Virginia. If convicted, he faces up to 50 years in jail. The attacks were to have been carried out next year.

The arrest will renew fears in the US that the biggest threat to national security comes not from groups operating outside the country but from homegrown terrorists.

The FBI, who began watching him in April, said that at a meeting with agents that he believed were al-Qaida he agreed to carry out surveillance of the Arlington subway station, which is in Virginia and is part of Washington's metro transport system.

The FBI said that at a meeting on September 28 Ahmed offered suggestions for planting explosives on trains.

The US assistant attorney general for national security, David Kris, said: "Today's case underscores the need for continued vigilance against terrorist threats and demonstrates how the government can neutralize such threats before they come to fruition. Farooque Ahmed is accused of plotting with individuals he believed were terrorists to bomb our transit system, but a co-ordinated law enforcement and intelligence effort was able to thwart his plans."
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Re: Another American Pakistani charged for DC Subway bomb plot
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:30:13 PM »
You know what I think of Pakistani-Americans? They should all go back to that worthless cesspool of a country, Pakistan.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »
oh dang, I didn't see this when I made my thread!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 12:45:22 PM »
This is becoming a huge problem.  If they do not take proactive steps now to combat this, this problem will explode and it will be too late.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 03:25:18 PM »
The arrest will renew fears in the US that the biggest threat to national security comes not from groups operating outside the country but from homegrown terrorists.

Truly, it is as if a man from a Norman Rockwell painting hopped of the canvas and strapped a suicide vest on to himself and walked into a crowd.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein