Poll

Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?

Yes
34 (85%)
No
6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?  (Read 9648 times)

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:55:19 AM »
בס''ד

I think we should support Huckabee, but we will only do so if a majority of JTFers agree.

*Huckabee is the only potential candidate for President who says that he opposes any Israeli surrender of Jewish land in Judea, Samaria, Jerusalem and the Golan Heights.

*Huckabee has said that he supports Jewish building and Jewish settlement of Judea and Samaria. On a trip to Israel last year, Huckabee praised the Jewish hilltop communities.

*Huckabee promised in 2008 to launch an emergency program to end U.S. dependence on all foreign oil within 10 years.

*Huckabee is solidly pro-life.

*Huckabee opposes the "gay" agenda.

*Huckabee opposes the Ground Zero Muslim Nazi victory mosque.

*Huckabee is a lifelong NRA member, owns many firearms, and has been a hunter since his childhood.

*In 2008, Huckabee opposed removing Confederate symbols from the flag of South Carolina.

*In 2008, Huckabee claimed that he now supports the platform of the Minutemen on immigration (which is excellent). However, Huckabee was not good on immigration when he was Governor of Arkansas.

*In 2008, Huckabee proposed eliminating the entire national income tax and replacing it with a national sales tax (which would be great). However, when he was Governor of Arkansas, Huckabee raised taxes. Ronald Reagan also raised taxes when he was Governor of California, but later became a tax cutter.

*As Governor of Arkansas, Huckabee freed convicted murderers and criminals who claimed to have changed after becoming believing Christians. Some of these creatures committed other terrible crimes after their release.

So as you see, there are problems with Huckabee. But overall, I believe he is the best of the bunch.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 10:59:55 AM »
He may be slightly naive in some ways, but he's probably the best candidate out there.   Is there anyone who is better or comes close to being as good of a candidate?   It seems like the Republican party hasn't catapulted any personalities - unlike the democrats who had earmarked obama and drove him way in advance.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 11:01:17 AM »
Wait to see who else comes to the forefront.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:07 AM »
At this time, Huckabee is the only person on the horizon for whom I would vote.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
I think jtf should put several videos endorsing him in case he chooses to run.

And if he does run he has my support. However I would also like to see who else will.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
I think we need to help bring in the candidate who is most in line with our views.  Even if this person does not win the primary, it helps to force the chosen candidate in the 'right' direction--hopefully.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 11:58:12 AM »
Wait to see who else comes to the forefront.

This would be my preference as well.  

While my current preference is still Sarah Palin,      I'm interested to see who declares that they are running for President in 2012 and how a number of the debates go in 2011.      The debates would give me a better indication of whether Sarah Palin is qualified to be President.    

After attending many Campaign Forums/  Debates in recent months in Nassau Co.  and Queens and getting to know some of the Congressional,  State Wide,  and local candidates,    I'm being more cautious in going all out for Sarah Palin for the time being.     Despite wearing a PALIN 2012 hat at times,   including part of yesterday.      

The reason I'm being more cautious is I have seen upclose the knowledge base of some candidates,   compared to some of the others.    This was very apparent in the two Congressional Races I was involved with.      Time will tell whether Sarah Palin can measure up to to a high enough standard I'm seeking.       That's part of why the debates in 2011 are very important for me.
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »
http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=225

If this article is any indication, we have a great candidate.    To expect huckabee to "alter textbooks" because of his personal opinion is an insane extremism that will surely alienate the vast majority of voters and make him look like a vindictive nutcase like ann coulter is.   The president's job is not to be an overextending tyrant like Obama who wants to enter all walks of life and assert his control.  

I don't agree with Huckabee's "disagreement" with evolution (it's founded on ignorance of science), but I strongly agree with what he wants to do about that disagreement - little to nothing except to express positive values like the belief in G-d!

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2010, 12:58:18 PM »
Another reason not to support schmuckabee:

he can't win
aka Someone Else

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
I say yes although I am leery of someone saying we can have energy independence in ten years.  Nobody is as solidly pro Israel as the Huck.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »

http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/article.cgi?article=211

or, more recently http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/view/feature/Ann-Coulter-Calls-Huckabee-a-Christian-Liberal-2277

Who cares about ann coulter or what she says?

Ok, how about Debbie Schlussel?  She calls Huckabee a populist, pan-arabist, wannabe rocker.  She said, "Dems are urging their crew to vote for Huckabee because they think he’ll be the weakest candidate and the one most easily beaten in November. They’re right about that." which is a point Coulter was also making.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3215/mike-huckabees-pan-arabist-campaign-manager-ed-rollins-recent-hezbo-sponsored-conference/
You know what they say about “the company you keep.” And this is the company Ed Rollins–the new chief of the Huckabee campaign–keeps. Rollins well knew what the Arab American Institute is about. It’s hardly a secret. And the sponsorship of its convention at which he appeared by La Shish was all over the conference info and literature. Talal Chahine, La Shish’s owner, had long been a fugitive and federal indictee, and it was well known he’d laundered $20 million to Hezbollah through the restaurant. Yet he appeared anyway.
So, will Mike Huckabee denounce Hezbollah and HAMAS? He hasn’t explicitly done so. And the presence of Rollins atop his campaign says even more. If this is the kind of guy–who looks askance at terrorism ties and support–that Mike Huckabee hires to run his campaign, imagine what his White House will be like.
What was it that President Bush said (but didn’t mean) about how “you’re either on our side or the terrorists’ side”?
Mike Huckabee’s new campaign manager spoke and participated in the terrorists’ American front group’s national convention and encouraged them to become more involved in American politics.

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3267/mike-joe-perry-huckabee-ugh-meet-another-wannabe-rocker-who-ran-for-prez-instead/
For the last several days of pre-Iowa Caucuses coverage, many of the clips of Mike Huckabee feature him playing guitar. And that’s a bad sign. When I see politicians playing musical instruments, it reminds me that they were likely wannabe rock stars and musicians who failed. So, in order to get the same rock-star like fame, they’re running for President or making Israel amputate itself to death, or both.

Why Huckabee loses  Debbie: "* Anti-Huckabee Club for Growth Ads: In the week or so, we saw a lot of anti-Mike Huckabee ads on TV. They were very effective comparing the high-taxing Huckabee with Bill Clinton as Arkansas Gov. This took away votes from Huckabee, and I believe, drove many of those religious Christian voters away from Huckabee and into the Romney camp, where they like his values versus McCain’s more “moderate” ones. Romney did well in the Western part of the state, where Evangelicals have their base. So much for the view that Evangelicals are “intolerant” and won’t vote for a Mormon. Don’t believe it.
http://www.debbieschlussel.com/3303/when-im-wrong-im-wrong-romney-wins-michigan-primary-heres-why/

When evangelicals would rather vote for a Mormon from Taxachussets over a "conservative" Christian pastor from the South, that is a HUGE problem.
aka Someone Else

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:27 PM »
So what you're saying is that he won't get enough republican support. 

Who will?   And of those who will do so in your mind, who is also a suitable candidate?

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 01:47:56 PM »
Another reason not to support schmuckabee:

he can't win

בס''ד

According to polls, Huckabee is the most electable of all the Republican candidates.

But you support Bobby Jindal, whose response speech to Obama was probably the worst I have ever seen. Jindal certainly has no chance of winning and will not be running in 2012.

You also support Sarah Palin, who could not even get elected in her home state of Alaska after resigning from the governorship in the middle of her first term because she could not take the pressure of the job. Palin is so unpopular in her home state that the candidate that she supported for the U.S. Senate, Joe Miller, got only 34% of the vote. Miller was beaten by write-in votes for another candidate who is Palin's longtime enemy. If Palin is on the Republican ticket in 2012, G-d forbid, Barack Hussein Osama will be reelected in a huge landslide. The latest polls show that only 27% of the American people believe that Palin is qualified to be President.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 01:54:20 PM »

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 02:07:01 PM »
Chaim is 100 percent correct in supporting the hucksta.

He is a very likable guy, very witty and last year without any funds beat both mitt romney and ron paul and came overall second to the fraud mccaine.

If his grassroutes movement starts earlier he can win. obama is dreadful and would loose to huckabee in debates, polls shoswed huckabee won mosat of the tv debates.

Chaim is spot on and a great choice so i vote yes...

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 02:42:02 PM »
Perhaps Marco Rubio?  Lt.  Colonel Allan West? Ilario Pantano?

I haven't heard Jindal's lame speech yet, or if I have, I've forgotten it, which proves your point, Chaim.  Like JTF, I've lost interest in Palin, in part because the media was successful in ruining her and because she apparently prefers to be on trash reality TV along with her daughter.
Huckabee eats squirrels cooked in a popcorn machine.  He is a lost cause.
aka Someone Else

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 02:49:15 PM »
What about Tom Tancredo?

Mike Huckabee pardoned that criminal who killed police officers in Seattle!

Mike Huckabee supported AMNESTY for illegal aliens, and then FLIP-FLOPPED!

Mike Huckabee supported TAXPAYER SCHOLARSHIPS for Illegal Aliens to go to COLLEGE!

Three strikes he's OUT!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 02:57:52 PM »

or, more recently http://www.theatlanticwire.com/features/view/feature/Ann-Coulter-Calls-Huckabee-a-Christian-Liberal-2277

בס''ד

Ann Coulter talks about moral values and moral issues? Coulter was the main speaker at a homosexual organization that tries to make homosexuality acceptable to conservatives:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=192405

From that very website:
Coulter responded: "That's silly, I speak to a lot of groups and do not endorse them. I speak at Harvard and I certainly don't endorse their views. I've spoken to Democratic groups and liberal Republican groups that loooove abortion. The main thing I do is speak on college campuses, which is about the equivalent of speaking at an al-Qaida conference. I'm sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences. But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to."
aka Someone Else

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »
What about Tom Tancredo?

I don't get this.  If he supported something bad but then flip-flopped to be against that bad thing instead, isn't flip-flopping a good thing in that instance?    Maybe he changed his mind.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

בס''ד

Ann Coulter talks about moral values and moral issues? Coulter was the main speaker at a homosexual organization that tries to make homosexuality acceptable to conservatives:

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=192405

From that very website:
Coulter responded: "That's silly, I speak to a lot of groups and do not endorse them. I speak at Harvard and I certainly don't endorse their views. I've spoken to Democratic groups and liberal Republican groups that loooove abortion. The main thing I do is speak on college campuses, which is about the equivalent of speaking at an al-Qaida conference. I'm sure I agree with GOProud more than I do with at least half of my college audiences. But in any event, giving a speech is not an endorsement of every position held by the people I'm speaking to."

In her article she's advocating that huckabee should be an obama-type activist-tyrant.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »
I like the Col Allen West, but is he looking to run for president?   Now that's a rightwing personality for ya!

Xoce, I don't know who Pantano is, but maybe you can share some information about him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:33:42 PM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
What about Tom Tancredo?

I don't get this.  If he supported something bad but then flip-flopped to be against that bad thing instead, isn't flip-flopping a good thing in that instance?    Maybe he changed his mind.

He flip-flopped when running for President, because he knew it was a no winner in a GOP primary. However, we know that his NATURAL instinct is to support it, so if you vote for him you have to HOPE he ignores his natural instinct and sticks to his pledge (how much is a politicians pledge worth?) The Huckster goes where the wind blows, if he becomes President and is told by his "advisers" that in order to get re-elected he needs the hispanic vote he will flip-flop once again!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline danny100

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 03:27:58 PM »
Sarah Palin is also good for America and Israel. She condemned freezing settlements in Judea and Samaria and said Nuclear Iran could lead to a Second Holocaust. She is also a lifelong NRA member, she is also pro-life, supports funding alternative energy opposed amnesty, and says the Ground Zero victory mosque "stabs hearts."