Poll

Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?

Yes
34 (85%)
No
6 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?  (Read 9647 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Poll: Should we support Mike Huckabee for President?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 03:31:47 PM »
I support him I voted for him in the primaries
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 03:54:21 PM »
Also, the problem with Allen West is that he has no experience in politics.  Maybe after he's done his job in office as a representative then he'll be ready to take on a new challenge and campaign for presidency.   How do you market a guy who was not even in politics and has a seat for probably less than a year before he must begin the campaigning for 2012 election?

Maybe he can run in 2016?   I don't really see it as realistic that he'll run now.

Online Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 04:30:44 PM »
Sarah Palin is also good for America and Israel. She condemned freezing settlements in Judea and Samaria and said Nuclear Iran could lead to a Second Holocaust. She is also a lifelong NRA member, she is also pro-life, supports funding alternative energy opposed amnesty, and says the Ground Zero victory mosque "stabs hearts."

בס''ד

Sarah Palin is also good for America and Israel. She condemned freezing settlements in Judea and Samaria and said Nuclear Iran could lead to a Second Holocaust.

a. Palin supports creating an independent "Palestine" state in Israel's Biblical heartland which is national suicide for the Jews. That is an anti-Israel position. I have heard some people say that she only supports that because she doesn't know any better. Well that means she's too dumb to be President and will allow her pro-Arab advisers to guide her Middle East policies. Whether Palin is knowingly anti-Israel or whether she is simply ignorant - either way she should not be President.

opposed amnesty

Not true! Palin supports the McCain plan to create a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens. She and McCain deny that that is amnesty but they are lying. It certainly is amnesty.

Huckabee now says that he favors deporting all of the illegal aliens, which is the same position taken by Tom Tancredo. Is Huckabee changing his position just to get Republican primary votes? Possibly. If Huckabee were elected, we would have to hope that he sticks to the position which he adopted in 2008.

she is also pro-life

Then why did Palin support pro-abortion candidates in Republican primaries in Georgia, New Hampshire and other states?

All of the candidates that Huckabee endorsed in Republican primaries were pro-life.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »
Sarah Palin is also good for America and Israel. She condemned freezing settlements in Judea and Samaria and said Nuclear Iran could lead to a Second Holocaust. She is also a lifelong NRA member, she is also pro-life, supports funding alternative energy opposed amnesty, and says the Ground Zero victory mosque "stabs hearts."

בס''ד

Sarah Palin is also good for America and Israel. She condemned freezing settlements in Judea and Samaria and said Nuclear Iran could lead to a Second Holocaust.

a. Palin supports creating an independent "Palestine" state in Israel's Biblical heartland which is national suicide for the Jews. That is an anti-Israel position. I have heard some people say that she only supports that because she doesn't know any better. Well that means she's too dumb to be President and will allow her pro-Arab advisers to guide her Middle East policies. Whether Palin is knowingly anti-Israel or whether she is simply ignorant - either way she should not be President.

opposed amnesty

Not true! Palin supports the McCain plan to create a "path to citizenship" for illegal aliens. She and McCain deny that that is amnesty but they are lying. It certainly is amnesty.

Huckabee now says that he favors deporting all of the illegal aliens, which is the same position taken by Tom Tancredo. Is Huckabee changing his position just to get Republican primary votes? Possibly. If Huckabee were elected, we would have to hope that he sticks to the position which he adopted in 2008.

she is also pro-life

Then why did Palin support pro-abortion candidates in Republican primaries in Georgia, New Hampshire and other states?

All of the candidates that Huckabee endorsed in Republican primaries were pro-life.

Yes, I have been saying from the beginning that Huckabee stands apart as the only legitimate candidate who has integrity and intelligence. 

No candidate can compare.  He is right on nearly every issue... with the exception of being soft on Obama. 

He is Pro-Life, Anti-U.N., Pro-Israel, Anti-Amnesty, Anti-Taxes, Pro-Marriage, Anti-Big government.  He is also an EXCELLENT speaker.

I HATED MCAINE FOR THAT 'PATH TO CITIZENSHIP' DOUBLE TALK. Typical political B.S. from a typical politician.  He is just as bad as Rand Paul, and other open-border advocates, BUT, he tries to hide it.

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 05:34:26 PM »
Sorry folks but chaim is pretty much schooling you all on this issue.

Huckabee it is then...

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 06:02:55 PM »
Sorry folks but chaim is pretty much schooling you all on this issue.

Huckabee it is then...
I think we should see if some new blood enters the race... I still have a bad taste for the backstabbing deal Huckabee and McCain pulled on Mitt Romney during the Republican Primaries... If Huckabee would have worked with Romney instead of McCain we may not have a filthy [censored] in the White House now that is chomping at the bit to carve up the State of Israel. Huckabee has grown on me some what due to his show on Fox... It has given him exposure and he seems like a good person despite some lapses in judgment in the past... As far as schooling  Chaim is as sharp as a tack when it comes to most issues but here at JTF he is preaching to the choir. Personally I think he is honestly asking for the memberships opinion.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »
I suppport Huckabee 100%!
Right now there is no better candidate with a chance to WIN than Mike Huckabee!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 06:16:50 PM »
I think it is way too early to name names.... I agree that we should support Huckabee over Palin. I believe Palin will do her job of attacking the dems but ultimately her negatives will cause her to fail in the long run. It is beneficial to have Palin out there in order to give democrats the feeling that they are safe, until the run-up to the elections when a strong Republican will take her place.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 06:58:16 PM »
Another reason not to support schmuckabee:

he can't win

בס''ד

But you support Bobby Jindal, whose response speech to Obama was probably the worst I have ever seen. Jindal certainly has no chance of winning and will not be running in 2012.

He just sounded like Mr Rogers I thought.  I also believe voting for Jindahl would be like voting for Bush in 2012 for a third term.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 07:03:49 PM »
I guess I will support the huckster.  He does play a mean guitar.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 07:28:52 PM »
I guess I will support the huckster.  He does play a mean guitar.
Well Bill Clinton has his music CD called the "President Blows" I guess the huckster will have to put out one of his own  :::D
http://www.amazon.com/Jam-Session-Blows-Bill-Clinton/dp/B00000J8M1

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 07:41:09 PM »
I voted yes because I think he's the best out of a bad bunch but I will support him Chaim. There are some things I really don't like about him though. I think he will be very weak on the immigration issue. As a Texan this is something that will affect me very negatively in a personal way, eroding my quality of life even further.

Quotation from Huckabee:

"One of the great challenges facing us is that we do not commit the same mistakes with our growing Hispanic population that we did with African Americans 150 years ago and beyond. We're still paying the price for the pathetic manner in which this country handled that . . . I think frankly the Lord is giving us a second chance to do better than we did before."

Oh please! Remember here he's referring to an invading foreign power, where millions of people loyal to that foreign power are flooding over the border every year.

He also said: "Pretty soon, Southern white guys like me may be in the minority".

Apparently this drew laughter from the audience of America haters he was speaking to. He's also a bit out of touch. In Texas, whites are already a minority! He's a traitor as far as that goes.

If it weren't for this immigration issue that he's incredibly weak on, I'd feel better about him, but I will still help to support him because of the reasons you mentioned Chaim.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 07:49:03 PM »
I voted yes because I think he's the best out of a bad bunch but I will support him Chaim. There are some things I really don't like about him though. I think he will be very weak on the immigration issue. As a Texan this is something that will affect me very negatively in a personal way, eroding my quality of life even further.

Quotation from Huckabee:

"One of the great challenges facing us is that we do not commit the same mistakes with our growing Hispanic population that we did with African Americans 150 years ago and beyond. We're still paying the price for the pathetic manner in which this country handled that . . . I think frankly the Lord is giving us a second chance to do better than we did before."

Oh please! Remember here he's referring to an invading foreign power, where millions of people loyal to that foreign power are flooding over the border every year.

He also said: "Pretty soon, Southern white guys like me may be in the minority".

Apparently this drew laughter from the audience of America haters he was speaking to. He's also a bit out of touch. In Texas, whites are already a minority! He's a traitor as far as that goes.

If it weren't for this immigration issue that he's incredibly weak on, I'd feel better about him, but I will still help to support him because of the reasons you mentioned Chaim.
Where is the politician that runs on a platform that people immigrating to the U.S need to eventually consider themselves Americans before all else? I don't see the logic of allowing people into our country with a "reconquesta" attitude!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 08:35:06 PM »
Forget that, where's the candidate that wants to freeze immigration! We don't need any more Joses, Juans, or Julios (and no more Lupitas, Marias, or Nayelis either).

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2010, 08:37:41 PM »
Forget that, where's the candidate that wants to freeze immigration! We don't need any more Joses, Juans, or Julios (and no more Lupitas, Marias, or Nayelis either).

I believe Tom Tancredo is the best candidate if he decides to run again!
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2010, 09:39:16 PM »
i just wish america had someone like Geert Wilders.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2010, 10:04:48 PM »

Me too!

I voted NO to support Mike Huckabee. Did you know he also had hard drives DESTROYED after leaving as Governor of Arkansas? That was STATE property! Nothing ever came of this story after hearing this, I wonder why? His stand on immigration is also a huge problem for me. Yes, he has a great show, but I just can't get past the kind of man he was when he was Governor, sorry.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:29 PM »
At this point Huckabee looks like the best option. It is still early. I would wait until April before issuing an official statement. Let's see what goes on in the new Congress and if any new Governors take decisive action regarding their state's economic situations (maybe a strong anti-union Governor will come out of nowhere). We could be in a grave nationwide economic crisis in a few months and this could reshape the entire political landscape.

The question we have to ask ourselves is who can defeat Mitt Romney. The media will support him (for the Republican nomination) and he will spend an incredible amount of money. Huckabee beat him in Iowa last time and he probably can do it again, but I do not see how he can beat Romney in New Hampshire. Last time around McCain used New Hampshire to build momentum (with the help of the media). This could easily happen again with Romney taking the place of McCain. If Romney wins Iowa then it is over. Palin could seriously hurt Huckabee in Iowa and give Romney the win.

I think Marco Rubio is a very intriguing person and may become a legitimate vice-presidential candidate. I am interested in learning more about his views on global issues.

At this point I would start to lay the foundation for the movement's anti-Obama campaign and set it up in a way so Huckabee or a similar candidate could easily become the focus whenever JTF decides to choose one.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2010, 11:31:04 PM »

Me too!

I voted NO to support Mike Huckabee. Did you know he also had hard drives DESTROYED after leaving as Governor of Arkansas? That was STATE property! Nothing ever came of this story after hearing this, I wonder why? His stand on immigration is also a huge problem for me. Yes, he has a great show, but I just can't get past the kind of man he was when he was Governor, sorry.

That's bad news

That may be a major deciding factor for me.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2010, 12:10:03 AM »

Yes, he's a personality also.   Huckabee is not a personality that will energize people or have charismatic appeal.  But so far there aren't any that are running that I'm aware of.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2010, 01:42:50 AM »
I love Tancrado. It really made me mad when the GOP candidate didn't drop out which in effect prevented him from having a chance last night in the Colorado Governers race. But having that said he is way too far to the right to capture those independents. Huckabee on the other hand is very likable and would get those independents. I could see Tancrado as secretary of Homeland Security.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2010, 05:01:57 AM »
Chaim a new poll is needed:
Huckabee or wait for who else is running
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2010, 05:17:49 AM »
Do you think there is no chance that M.Bachmann will run for President ? I think she is smart, she has faith and integrity and I trust that she is a good person. My only reservation so far is would she be tough enough under tense circumstances. Also, I'd like her to make a clear unequivocal statement about the "two-state solution" in Israel. But, overall, she is my favourite personality among Republicans.
Also, the fact that she is a woman could be an asset against Obama, because the American people might decide that it is time a woman was sent to the White House.
And I think she has more charisma than Huckabee. She has more emotional intelligence than him and, this way, she can touch people's hearts more effectively than him.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2010, 05:48:40 AM »
I think we should focus on striking Obama right now before we name names.

Huckabee is a phony:

Quote from: Mike Huckabee
I’ve visited Israel 9 times, and strongly believe in its right to exist & the important example it has set forth in its seriousness toward its own security as well as the admirable expectation it has of its people to be stakeholders in its preservation. Even though I support Israel, its boundaries, and its future, and believe its alliance with the US is one of great strategic value, a conversation with a Palestinian reminded me that the issue is not simple.

The Palestinian was relocated had been told one day that he would be relocated to a Palestinian camp and that his neighborhood would be occupied by Israelis. It was always easy to me to understand why the Jews, having been displaced for thousands of years, would feel a divine right to return to the land promised to their forefathers and previously taken from them. But Palestinians are still human beings who deserve to be treated respectfully since they personally have not done wrong and now are being forced from what has been their home.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Archive/Hope_Higher_Ground_Foreign_Policy.htm
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:03:40 AM by StopArabOccupation »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2010, 06:14:58 AM »
I don't think most people feel this way, but I think there's a substantial number of people, a very large minority of both men and women, who would rather see a man continue to be president than to elect a woman.

Maybe when people see a woman they have a hard time thinking "presidential" because they've never seen an example of a strong female leader like that except in other countries.

There are a lot of people who just won't vote for a woman. To most people, this might not make much of a difference, but in a tight election, where every vote counts, then I do think it could change the outcome.

So before we throw our support behind any female candidates, we need to make sure that they are very strong in other ways as far as electability, being qualified, etc.