Author Topic: 'Liberal birthers' to demand Rubio's birth certificate?  (Read 1018 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
'Liberal birthers' to demand Rubio's birth certificate?
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=224085

By Joe Kovacs
© 2010 WorldNetDaily

MIAMI – After a strong win by Florida's Marco Rubio in a three-way race for U.S. Senate this week, there's been talk of a bright political future for the Hispanic Republican, with some even touting him as an excellent presidential contender.
CORAL GABLES, FL - NOVEMBER 02: Anthony Rubio (L) stands with his father Republican nominee for Florida U.S. Senator Marco Rubio during his 'Reclaim America Victory Celebration' at the Biltmore Hotel on November 2, 2010 in Coral Gables, Florida. Results show that Rubio has clinched the Florida Senate seat against his opponents, Independent candidate and Florida Gov. Charlie Crist and Democratic candidate Rep. Kendrick Meek (D-FL). (Photo by Joe Raedle/Getty Images)

But a verbal flub by radio host Rush Limbaugh yesterday may have disheartened many, when he inadvertently suggested Rubio was not a natural-born citizen.

"I was told yesterday that I dashed the hopes of millions of people when I said that Marco Rubio was not born in America, and the reason I dashed the hopes of millions of people was because Marco Rubio, if not born in America, couldn't run for president", Limbaugh said on his program this afternoon. "I wasn't aware that I said Marco Rubio was not born in America."

But as the host corrected himself today to indicate Rubio's birthplace was South Florida, Limbaugh took a jab at President Obama, whose precise birthplace remains in doubt two years after being elected president.

"We know more about where Rubio was born than Obama," said Limbaugh.

"He was born in Miami. So if you are among the millions whose hopes were dashed, and if you left yesterday's program depressed and despondent and near suicidal, please come back from the brink. Marco Rubio can run for president. It was his parents that were born in Cuba. His whole family is exiles but he was born in Miami. There. See? I have revived the hopes of millions and have walked them back from the proverbial ledge."

But he continued to harp on both Obama and the vast majority of news agencies for collectively ignoring Obama's eligibility to serve as commander in chief.

"I'm being told to be careful here," said Limbaugh.

"Liberal birthers may demand Marco Rubio's birth certificate. If he did, he'll produce it, I'm sure, but I'm not worried about it. If Obama's taught us anything, it's that the news media doesn't care where our presidents are born. They don't. Well, let's see if it does. Let's see if all of a sudden the media starts caring where Republicans are born. Up to now they haven't cared where presidents are born. Let's see if they now start caring."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt