Author Topic: Mother, aged 72, considering a sibling for her five-year-old daughter  (Read 351 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8130935/Mother-aged-72-considering-a-sibling-for-her-five-year-old-daughter.html

Adriana Iliescu said fertility trials in England involving a 70-year-old woman had inspired her to believe that it would be possible for her to have another child.

The Romanian became the world’s oldest mother in January 2005 when she gave birth to Eliza, but she has since been beaten in the record books by Rajo Devi, a 70-year-old Indian woman whose daughter was born in November 2008.

Ms Iliescu, a writer and part-time university lecturer in Romanian literature, who lives with Eliza in a two-bedroom flat in Bucharest, told The Daily Mail: “Medically, it’s possible. I understand there are trials going on with a 70-year-old woman in England, so it could be done. I am fine and healthy and I think it would be possible to have another child in the future, but I’m not in a rush at the moment.

“I am so close to Eliza, so bonded with her, I’m not sure I’d be able to consider having another child if it actually came to it.

“Eliza is energetic and fun — a very happy child. She is everything to me and nothing else counts or matters. The child is mine and that’s all I care about, but medically it is not impossible for me to have another child.”

Women who give birth in their fifties and sixties are more likely to suffer complications such as high blood pressure or diabetes, or to give birth by caesarean section, studies have shown.

Older mothers are also more likely to have babies born prematurely or to develop a condition called pre-eclampsia, which can cause serious complications for both mother and child.

But the trend for giving birth at an older age is on the rise in Britain.

According to official figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) 1,091 women aged 45 and over gave birth in 2007 compared to the 540 who did so in 1995.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Mother, aged 72, considering a sibling for her five-year-old daughter
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »
A woman in her 40s might still be able to be a good mother to a baby, but I don't think a woman in her 70s should consider such a thing. It's not fair to the baby to be put at risk like that (serious things could go wrong during development or the baby could miscarry very easily). Also the mother could easily die during pregnancy at that age. Another problem is that even if the child is born completely healthy, they will lose their mother at a young age and their mom won't have the energy to go out and do as many things with them.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 11:35:08 AM »
A woman in her 40s might still be able to be a good mother to a baby, but I don't think a woman in her 70s should consider such a thing. It's not fair to the baby to be put at risk like that (serious things could go wrong during development or the baby could miscarry very easily). Also the mother could easily die during pregnancy at that age. Another problem is that even if the child is born completely healthy, they will lose their mother at a young age and their mom won't have the energy to go out and do as many things with them.

Totally agreed

The child could risk becoming an orphan. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »
The baby could come out seriously screwed up for life physically or be mentally handicapped because of the mother's selfishness.