Author Topic: Rabin taken out because he wanted out of Oslo  (Read 459 times)

Offline wonga66

• Master JTFer
Rabin taken out because he wanted out of Oslo
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:32:48 AM »
If Dahlia doesn't watch it, she could soon be joining her father!

http://israelinsider.net/profiles/blogs/dalia-rabin-my-father

Dalia Rabin: My father considered stopping the Oslo process due to terrorism.

The daughter of Yitzhak Rabin confirmed what until now only "conspiracy theorists" have dared to claim: that on the eve of his mysterious assassination he was seriously considering declaring an end to the "Oslo" process because of the terrorist attacks. Dalia Rabin-Philosoph, interviewed in the Seven Days magazine supplement of Yediot Ahronot, published Friday, 8 October, said: "Many people who were close to father told me that on the eve of the murder he considered stopping the Oslo process because of the terror that was running rampant in the streets and that Arafat wasn't delivering the goods."

"Father, after all, wasn't a blind man running forward without thought. I don't rule out the possibility that he considered also doing a reverse on
our side. After all, he was someone for whom the security of the state was sacrosanct.

"So they say that Oslo brought Arafat and gave them rifles and caused the intifada. But historical processes develop, change and flow. It is
impossible to take a person murdered in '95 and judge him according to what happened in 2000," she said.

Those who have claimed that Rabin's second thoughts about concessions to the Palestinians may have cost him his life have long been marginalized for believing that left-leaning, foreign-funded forces used a faction inside Israel's Shin Bet domestic security to eliminate Rabin and replace him with the unreservedly dovish Shimon Peres, who became PM after the assassination and now serves as Israel's President.

Those who believe that there was a conspiracy say that convicted assassin Yigal Amir was a patsy. Dalia Rabin's statement that her father was considering "reversing" the bloody "peace process" provides a motive for why the left, not the right, may have wanted Rabin replaced.