Author Topic: My Apology to Russian Jews  (Read 671 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
My Apology to Russian Jews
« on: November 18, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
I would like to say that I apologize to Russian Jews I may have offended in some of my posts. I did not want anyone to think I am against Russian Jews in my posts, I am of Syrian and Romanian Jewish background so am unfamiliar with some of the background of Russian Jews but after researching some more into the Ashkenazi and the suffering they have undergone in Russia, the pogroms and theft of land, I understand that Russian Jews played a crucial part in Zionism and founding of Israel. My posts were directed towards Russians who attempted to make Aliyah with no immediate Jewish ancestors, so I would like to man up and say that I do apologize to any Russian Jews that I may have offended. Thanks.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: My Apology to Russian Jews
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 05:32:14 PM »
Appreciate that, that's big of you to do.   As a Jew of partial "ashkenazi" origin from the then kingdom of Russia I accept your apology.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
I am of Ukrainian Jewish descent and I accept your apology... Heck, Uman was the site of a pogrom which killed over 20,000 Jews in the Massacre of Uman...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 06:21:04 PM »
apology accepted, its all good.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
I accept your apology although personally I don't think you said anything wrong or inaccurate. It is known fact that hundreds of thousands of Russians have lied about being Jewish to get into Israel, or are married to Jews and call themselves Jews even though they haven't converted, to get into Israel.

As for the Russian Jews themselves, a lot of them have been loyal patriots, but a lot have also been stooges of Natan Sharansky and Avigdor Lieberman who want to keep Chaim out of Israel.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
what are peoples thoughts on Russians who are not Halachic Jews, but they legally entered Israel because they have a Jewish grandparent?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2010, 08:11:13 PM »
I accept your apology although personally I don't think you said anything wrong or inaccurate. It is known fact that hundreds of thousands of Russians have lied about being Jewish to get into Israel, or are married to Jews and call themselves Jews even though they haven't converted, to get into Israel.

As for the Russian Jews themselves, a lot of them have been loyal patriots, but a lot have also been stooges of Natan Sharansky and Avigdor Lieberman who want to keep Chaim out of Israel.

You make generalizations here... There are many Jews of Russian/Ukrainian descent who are loyal and religious Jews.

I think it is important to point out that some of those who go to Israel today from Russia are of questionable Jewish lineage.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:38 PM »
I accept your apology although personally I don't think you said anything wrong or inaccurate.
  He said that most Russian Jews were not real Jews.   This was false, inaccurate, and wrong.   He apologized because he thinks he was mistaken, so why do you encourage the original lie?   Just let him be.

Btw, his apology was to Russian Jews, not to you.

It is known fact that hundreds of thousands of Russians have lied about being Jewish to get into Israel, or are married to Jews and call themselves Jews even though they haven't converted, to get into Israel.

Really?  That sounds like a lot of people.  From where did you get that number?

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 11:33:14 PM »
what are peoples thoughts on Russians who are not Halachic Jews, but they legally entered Israel because they have a Jewish grandparent?

These are not really Jews.  If they want to convert, they can do so like anyone else.  Otherwise they are a garden variety goy.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 11:55:47 PM »
This was false, inaccurate, and wrong.   He apologized because he thinks he was mistaken, so why do you encourage the original lie?   Just let him be.

Btw, his apology was to Russian Jews, not to you.
How did he "lie"? Even if he was wrong it was an honest mistake at worst. I don't know how many Israelis of Russian ancestry are halachically Jewish and how many aren't, but even if we completely ignore the numbers of deliberately lying illegal immigrants and only count the Gentile spouses of assimilated Russian Jews, the number is astronomical. The majority of Russian Jewish immigrants to Israel have been severely assimilated by nearly a century of Nazi Bolshevism and one can only guess how many married Gentiles.

Really?  That sounds like a lot of people.  From where did you get that number?
Simple demographics... over one million Russian Jews have immigrated to Israel, but that's counting spouses, children, etc.--and not touching the quantity of lying illegal immigrants.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:00:43 AM »
dbf just drop it because you don't understand.

he called the majority of russian jews phony, when it's not even remotely true.

Any type of Jew would not want their group called a bunch of fakers.  I'm not going to belabor this point so just let it go.   You are causing me to keep harping on a mistake he made, one which he regrets and has asked forgiveness for, and here you are causing me to detail again and again what he did wrong!  This is just unnecessary and inappropriate.   If you can't understand why what he said was wrong, then it is your problem and your problem alone.