Author Topic: The woman who cut my hair this week shaved half of one of my peyos off.  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
I recently got my hair cut and the woman messed up and cut 1/2 of one of my peyos off.  I did not notice until I got to my hotel last night and went to twist them like I normally do [I am traveling to a friends for Thanksgiving].  I am pretty bummed out over this.  I've never grown peyos before, and for almost a year I have been growing my peyos out.  After a day of thought I decided to buzz my hair back down to 1/4 long [the length the rest of my hair gets cut to] and I will just grow both sides out even again.  I even tipped the woman because I was in a hurry and I always tip a dollar or two at this place.

A question for any of you who wear peyos:  Where do you get your hair cut?

Being that my peyos were several inches long, and the rest of my hair was less than an inch long this woman had to be literally retarded, blind, morbidly clumsy, or just an a$$hole.

>:( :'( >:( :'(
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: The woman who cut my hair this week shaved half of one of my peyos off.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:56:41 AM »

Being that my peyos were several inches long, and the rest of my hair was less than an inch long this woman had to be literally retarded, blind, morbidly clumsy, or just an a$$hole.

I dunno dude, to someone who's never seen hasidim, that hairstyle can look very strange,  maybe she didn't realize what you were trying to do with it?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »
Well I also have long peyos and I make it clear before I have my hair cut that I want to leave them as they are.

Around here we have a place called Supercuts and so far they have been treating me well.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:23:49 PM »

I dunno dude, to someone who's never seen hasidim, that hairstyle can look very strange,  maybe she didn't realize what you were trying to do with it?

Well, she said she is used to cutting Jewish people's hair before.  I live in Los Angeles, which is the 3rd largest Jewish community in the world.  I am chalking it up to her being a clumsy buffoon.

It was unfortunate.  Its over with now.

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:08 PM »
Well I also have long peyos and I make it clear before I have my hair cut that I want to leave them as they are.

Around here we have a place called Supercuts and so far they have been treating me well.

Maybe when I go out I should have a picture or two of the hair style to clarify the issue.