Author Topic: Calif. mosque raising concerns  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Calif. mosque raising concerns
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:45:16 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=1221606

As a proposed mosque in a California city is drawing the attention of many residents, a local pastor feels Christians should take advantage of the opportunity and reach out to Muslims with the good news of the gospel.

Christians, Muslims, Jews and those of the Baha'i faith recently gathered at the Temecula Community Recreation Center in Temecula, California, to show their support for a proposed 25,000-square-foot mosque to be built in the northeastern part of the city. Richard Fretz, shepherding pastor at Temecula Hills Christian Fellowship, believes it is the responsibility of Christians to engage Muslims in a discussion and point them to Jesus Christ.

Richard Fretz (Temecula Hills Christian Fellowship)"I do not agree with Islam as a religion. I think it is not an accurate understanding of who God is," he admits. "As a Christian, obviously I take the Word of God as my foundation for my faith and practice."

The proposed mosque has been the focus of debate for many groups who feel the building will be a safe haven for Islamic terrorists. Some are concerned the mosque may broadcast Islamic prayer five times a day on loudspeakers, as is done by many mosques in the Middle East. So Fretz understands the apprehension.

"Having [an] Islamic call to prayer...in a predominantly, if you will, Christian country would be an intrusion, and it would be no different than if there was such a thing in Christendom...going out in the Middle East." He suggests that "that would never happen."

The proposal for the mosque is scheduled to go before the Temecula Planning Commission November 17.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Calif. mosque raising concerns
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 06:59:46 AM »
It would be great to convert Muslims to the One true God, Yehweh, but most of them will never leave Islam.  Pastors are also appeasing this religion, and congregations are not going to go along with it.

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Calif. mosque raising concerns
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 07:05:59 AM »
We are fighting a tremendous spiritual Battle!