Author Topic: 300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe - how can anyone deny G-d?  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
בס''ד

300,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 stars in the universe (most of which are larger than our sun) - all of this was created by chance? All of this was created without a Creator?

Here is the latest estimate by scientists of the stars in our vast universe:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101201/ap_on_sc/us_sci_starry_night;_ylt=AjTd7mQPDPAJs9C2EtDFSaMPLBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTJrYThtbzZwBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAxMjAxL3VzX3NjaV9zdGFycnlfbmlnaHQEY3BvcwMxBHBvcwMyBHNlYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcnkEc2xrA3N0YXJyeXN0YXJyeQ--

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
It makes me feel very small to be in such a big universe. It's amazing that God is so concerned in human affairs. What an amazing show of God's power!

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I think our national debt is larger... :laugh:
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Yes, its quite infinite.
I wonder if there are any little green men on them.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Amen Chaim.

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I've always been fascinated with astronomy and this is one of the main reasons I got back on the Derech; it's impossible for there to NOT be a G-d.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
As immense as that number is, keep one other thing in mind. These estimates are made based on what we can see of the visible universe around us. We really have no way of knowing whether the universe is in fact much larger than what is visible to us at this time. So, this number may actually be a lot larger.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Very complex structures can be generated by interactions between simple elements without a plan or an intention. This can be shown by computer simulation. However, that alone does not explain why the simple elements had the ability to combine in the proper environment. When computer simulations are performed to study the spontaneous emergence of complex structures, the elements are endowed with rules and these rules were defined by a mind in the first place.
I think the beauty of G-d’s creation is that He planned the possibility of everything while leaving room for a large degree of unpredictability in the actual realizations.
Also, I believe that these countless worlds with no presence of life are there to show us what a miracle it is to have life and intelligence on Earth. Only G-d creates miracles. If our existence was due to a random combination of factors, there would be different forms of life and intelligence in many other parts of the universe. There is strong mathematical evidence for that : it could be proven that the probability that the precise conditions for human life to emerge and grow be randomly generated, or generated out of chaos, is zero.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:49:23 AM by yaakov mendel »