Author Topic: U.S sanctions against Cuba. Is this right or wrong  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Kahane99

• Junior JTFer
U.S sanctions against Cuba. Is this right or wrong
« on: December 08, 2010, 08:46:19 AM »
I dont get why their are sanctions against Cuba when America has relations with China.
If Cuba was blowing up buses and firing missles into the U.S, then their should be sanctions.

Offline Minuteman

• Senior JTFer
Re: U.S sanctions against Cuba. Is this right or wrong
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:51 AM »
Instead of sanctions, there should be aggressive attempts/pressure for regime change.  The sanctions are in response to things that happened a long time ago such as the Cuban Missle Crisis.  The sanctions are still in place due to Cubas' continued alliance with the communist world, the human rights violations commited by Castro, Cuba's  continue sponser of smuggling drugs into the US, the incarceration of US citizens traveling too close to Cubas territory, and so on.  There are a lot of Cubans and Cuban Americans who have been longing to see the communist regime dismantled and brought down just like there are a lot of Chinese and Chinese Americans who seek the dismantling of the Red Chinese regime.  These groups get no support from the media but instead the media depicts the those seeking regime change as extremists or loons.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »
Won't happen as long as Florida is around.

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »
end the embargo. If you do that then avg cubans would be like why cant we be prosperious here in cuba then have another coup.

Offline Kahane99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2010, 07:52:24 AM »
Minuteman, what country is worse, Mexico or Cuba?
I say Mexico, but the U.S has relations with Mexico and their exporting all these drugs in the U.S.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2010, 07:56:11 AM »
Mexico is democratic, Cuba is a dictatorshipo and violates human rights. But, anyway I strongly oppose the sanctions, not out of sympathy to the regime, but because, as a libertarian, I hold individual sovereignty. If an American citizen wants to do business with Cuba, as far as it's not related to weapons that could damage others, it's his money.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2010, 08:09:44 AM »
Raul what if the government seizes all the money the Cuban business got out of the deal and uses it to buy or develop weapons?

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2010, 08:23:24 AM »
Raul what if the government seizes all the money the Cuban business got out of the deal and uses it to buy or develop weapons?

The same could happen in any other country. If that's the reason, then US should sanction Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Turkey.... (I hope Iran is already sanctioned).
But if the aim is a change of regime, then a State has no right to force its citizens to take part in an embargo.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »
Not every country is a dictatorship, and not every country threatens US soil.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2010, 10:33:43 AM »
Not every country is a dictatorship, and not every country threatens US soil.

Cuba is so harmless to US that America can have Guantanamo there with no danger. It's not about a military threat, it's a political issue with which I agree. I agree that Cuba is undemocratic and should change, but I simply oppose forcing American citizens to support that. America is being incoherent with Cuba. They forbid citizens to do business but denied political asylum to a Cuaban child and handed him back to the regime!!!

Offline voo-yo

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2010, 11:29:55 AM »
What is this nonsense with democratic and undemocratic regimes? Cuba violates human rights? Why, they don't let gays adopt children? If Cubans want to be communists, then let them be communists. America should have economic relations with Cuba if it's in her interest.
I didn't know the goal of JTF is to introduce democracy all over the world.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
As far as I'm concerned advocating for an embargo of Cuba because they are communists and engage in civil rights violations while 98% of the stuff we import into this country has a "Made in China" tag on it is hypocrisy at it's best.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson