Author Topic: 'Ground Zero' mosque out of unions' hands  (Read 2012 times)

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
'Ground Zero' mosque out of unions' hands
« on: December 09, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=1248492

A New York City construction worker who witnessed the 9/11 terrorist attacks is not confident that a boycott from New York City-based union workers will prevent the construction of an Islamic "victory mosque."

As previously reported on OneNewsNow, the developers of what is now being called the Park51 project sparked outrage when they applied for $5 million to be taken from a fund set aside to rebuild the area surrounding the 9/11 attacks to go toward their controversial mosque project.

Andy Sullivan is a lifelong New York City construction worker and founder of the 911 Hard Hat Pledge, which is one of several groups opposed to the proposed Islamic "victory mosque" developers plan to erect on the site where debris from the 9/11 terrorist attacks has been found. He has been part of a petition drive aimed at heading off the project.

Andy Sullivan (911 Hard Hat Pledge)"It's not a law-binding petition; it's more of a symbolic outcry from the people saying, 'This is something we absolutely, definitely do not want. If anything, you're building on top of the ashes of our dead loved ones.'"

But unfortunately, he is not confident union workers in New York City will ultimately be able to prevent the mosque from being built.

"They could bring in an outside force to do the actual construction. And believe me -- I could not imagine the toxic environment that would ensue after such a thing," the construction worker notes. "But New York is a right-to-work state, and even though they're located right in the middle of union town, they could actually do it legally."

But the 911 Hard Had Pledge founder believes God -- not the unions -- will stop the mosque's construction.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: 'Ground Zero' mosque out of unions' hands
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »
Everything is upside down.  I think God's is pulling his grace from us!

Top Down, Bottom up, Inside Out.