Author Topic: Would a national sales tax help bring down the deficit?  (Read 593 times)

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
Would a national sales tax help bring down the deficit?
« on: December 13, 2010, 05:13:21 PM »
Could a national sales tax help fix the deficit and gain enough political support to break the stalemate in the nation's capital? Yahoo! reader Brad Sylvester believes it could.

Following a contentious midterm election, some 81 percent of respondents to a recent ABC News/Yahoo! News poll said they expect partisan warfare and inaction to continue over the next two years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20101213/pl_yblog_exclusive/would-a-national-sales-tax-help-bring-down-the-deficit
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Would a national sales tax help bring down the deficit?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
Could a national sales tax help fix the deficit and gain enough political support to break the stalemate in the nation's capital? Yahoo! reader Brad Sylvester believes it could.

Following a contentious midterm election, some 81 percent of respondents to a recent ABC News/Yahoo! News poll said they expect partisan warfare and inaction to continue over the next two years.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_exclusive/20101213/pl_yblog_exclusive/would-a-national-sales-tax-help-bring-down-the-deficit
The shvartza Administration's mouth is watering at the idea of a nation wide Value added tax... This would be one of the most regressive things possible for the U.S economy... The one and only way to reduce the deficit is to reduce spending... Is just that simple.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Would a national sales tax help bring down the deficit?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 05:39:10 PM »
Yes it would, BUT the only thing that would REALLY put a dent in the deficit would be to reduce spending.

and YES, when things start to get really nasty, we may very well see a VAT tax.