Author Topic: What I think they should do to the soldiers who were in the disengagement.  (Read 2259 times)

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
I have somewhat of a liberal view of this, I think they can be forgiven. Only in this way though. They get every soldier that participated in this evil, and lash them with a whip. A lash for every resident that was forcibly expeled out of their homes. Do it in public too, so they can be embarassed.

What do people think of this?

Offline kahaneloyalist

• Master JTFer
The Torah way is that the best solution is for someone to reverse their evils, better to have the soldiers rebuild communities for the people whose lives they destroyed.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:40:13 AM by kahaneloyalist »
"For it is through the mercy of fools that all Justice is lost"
Ramban

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
I agree with kahaneloyalist.  There are plenty of expelled Jews from Gaza who have inadequate conditions and who are living lives that are much worse than the ones they left.  Instead of a pointless punishments like whipping, the soldiers should have been responsible for housing and community projects to make the lives better for those who gave such a sacrifice to leave their homes.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline OdKahaneChai

• Master JTFer
As for the soldiers, I agree with kahaneloyalist.  Cosmokramer, if we're going to lash people, let's lash the politicians that made the disengagement possible, not the soldiers.

One does not deal with terrorists; one does not bargain with terrorists; one kills terrorists.
- Rabbi Meir Kahane ZT"L, HY"D

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
You all have a point.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
OLMERT AND COMPANY SHOULD ALL BE PUBLICLY LASHED
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
lol THE MEZZUZAHS WOULDNT BE KOSHER :laugh:
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03