Author Topic: Economy caught in depression not recession. Rosenberg  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Re: Economy caught in depression not recession. Rosenberg
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 12:01:10 PM »
That article was written in August.  Things look better now than they did then.  Economists are generally raising GDP estimates, we know there will be no tax increases in 2011 Obama was rebuffed in the 2010 elections.  It is not a huny dory situation but I would not be thinking depression at this point.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 12:09:33 PM »
Not being able to compete into production and manufacturing sectors due to own high standards of economy and living, may create its own hurdles to the economical standards, when the competitiveness in the global market increases beyond a desired threshold being set by the Red Dragon.

In short earlier Red Dragon was chasing the America, but now America has to chase the Red Dragon.   
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
That article was written in August.  Things look better now than they did then.  Economists are generally raising GDP estimates, we know there will be no tax increases in 2011 Obama was rebuffed in the 2010 elections.  It is not a huny dory situation but I would not be thinking depression at this point.

Well, here's the update. Durden even use the same title in his article for the month of December, citing  Rosenbergs article, from August.   Nothing's changed

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2010, 04:57:48 PM »

Well, here's the update. Durden even use the same title in his article for the month of December, citing  Rosenbergs article, from August.   Nothing's changed

I can only tell you that the financial decisions I am making these days are not based on expectations of a depression. Things look better today than they have in the past two years.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2010, 05:24:03 PM »
Well, things are going very well for me.  But man, you have your head in the sand.  Unemployment in November was 9.8 percent.  Lay offs are happening everywhere.  27 million people have lost their jobs.

Read this article for a little education.

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/dec2010/jobs-d04.shtml

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2010, 05:55:49 PM »
Again I am not a wild optimist but layoffs have been decreasing not increasing.  The jobs numbers for November have gone against the trends in most areas of economic statistics and it would not be too surprising if they get revised higher.  I expect 2.5% to 3.0% growth for the economy in 2011 which is nothing to write home about but far from a depression.  The employment situation will be disappointing unless the government stops making it hard to have employees with high taxes and regulations.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »
I personally can't complain myself but things are far different then they were 4 or 5 years ago...There is just no stability in the system... It's all good if the paycheck is coming in each week and the bills are paid up but for people living on the edge paycheck to paycheck the situation is not good...Things are growing more expensive each day and despite the flurry of activity at the retailers the in the past few weeks I don't think people are really spending all that much... Home equity is down bank interest on savings is for nothing and banks are just not lending any money... The stock market looks better and better each day lately until something shakes  the house of cards a bit and spurs on a big sell off taking all the gains out in one day... If you have a roof over your head that's paid for, no outstanding bills, a job and some money in the bank things are ok for now... Sadly this is not the situation that many Americans are finding themselves in.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 06:27:10 PM »
Again I am not a wild optimist but layoffs have been decreasing not increasing.  The jobs numbers for November have gone against the trends in most areas of economic statistics and it would not be too surprising if they get revised higher.  I expect 2.5% to 3.0% growth for the economy in 2011 which is nothing to write home about but far from a depression.  The employment situation will be disappointing unless the government stops making it hard to have employees with high taxes and regulations.

Did you even read the article??  Or are you just commenting.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

Did you even read the article??  Or are you just commenting.

Yes I read the article, what is your point?

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
Does the amount of "job growth" match the number of young people entering the work force?  The economy not only needs to produce jobs for those who have lost theirs but also for those who are now working age.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein