Author Topic: Ask the Noachide  (Read 71120 times)

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Re: Ask the Noachide
« Reply #100 on: March 15, 2012, 08:41:45 PM »
Hello Noachide,

When you entered Israel, did the airport security gave you a "special" treatment due to your ethnic background ? Have you ever encountered special suspicion or alert during security check out in Israel or other airports ?

This is a funny and a sad story.
Unexpectedly yes in Ben Gurion airport there was also a Caucasian visitor next to me from England waiting in the outer lobby, so I thought it was no big deal at first as I'm a U.S. citizen.

The funny part is I was catching a nap in that lobby from a jet lag thinking it is not going to be a big deal since I have my Tanakh with me and contact phone numbers from Jewish friends in NYC, then one of the agents approached me and I woke up from that jet lag and said come politely, and went to an office and asked me some general questions like "Is this your first time in Israel?" "Do you know anyone in Israel?" the female agent barely understood me after I showed her contact info from friends.

Then she made a phone call and that's when things were becoming much more serious. I went to the lobby to wait again then was appointed with 2 airport security agents in another room, one nice and one angry. They asked me those two previous questions in addition to what I do for a living and what me decide to come to Israel. Their english was not well spoken but I understood what they were asking.

I said pilgrimage. During the interview I was dozing off a bit lol. They did not buy it. As soon as I said I want to also go to Hebron, the angry agent flinched out of his chair and raised his eyebrows at me LOL, so I showed them my business cards, my holy book, guide book, heavy metal, my laptop, the videos I have with Christian friends along with my story leaving islam and coming Judaism.

It took 3-4 trips going from the lobby to the office waiting about 2 hours until I was frustrated but at the same time did not feel discriminated based on my ethnicity as there were White and Arabs next to me.
If this whole incident was caught on film, I guarantee a handful here would laugh at the funny events.

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2012, 07:01:22 AM »
So did they try to call anyone from you contact list ? would the treatment you received at the airport prevent you from visiting Israel again ?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2012, 10:15:42 AM »
So did they try to call anyone from you contact list ? would the treatment you received at the airport prevent you from visiting Israel again ?

I guess they called when I handed them my cell phone and charger while I was at the lobby.
Yes the questioning prevents me to visit Israel again. It is too much hassle for me and I have to catch some sleep after long 18 hour flights to any country.
They also questioned me about my visit to countries in India when they saw my Indian visa on my passport and so I told them about that visit.
Other than that, I have no problem with Israelis.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #103 on: March 16, 2012, 10:31:31 AM »
You know your story of leaving Islam and coming to Judaism would be great for YouTube.  You don't see too many Muslims going this route.  It would be a great counter to all the propaganda videos that Muslims put out about how stupid people convert to their third world terror cult.  You could also mention what draws you to JTF, something like this could potentially get us a lot of publicity.  Have you thought of doing something like this?

As much I want to inform publicly, I can't because of relatives and fear.
Secondly, I was never a "Muslim". I've been secular my life except I went to a madrassa (school) on a sunday in my young years here.
Never set foot in a mosque or prayed in 20 years.
In fact, if I show you guys my facebook page, I don't look Muslim or Arab.
If you have further questions, ask away.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:03 AM »
The screening process is far from perfect. I nevertheless think profiling is a correct method to use. I think if you do intend to revisit, perhaps one of your friends in Israel could initiate a call himself to the airport security and ask them to be nice.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2012, 12:44:17 PM »
Great suggestion on revisiting.

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2012, 10:25:44 PM »
I had a Ben stiller moment XD

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2012, 03:23:56 AM »
Hello,
I have a question about Noachides. Do Noachides pray and if so how? What kind of relationship do you have with Hashem?
I don't know if Noachides have any set prayers like Jews would have the Amidah or Shema. I mean you have 7 laws to follow but any blessings or prayers?
I've just always been curious.
Thank you

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #108 on: April 16, 2012, 04:18:20 PM »
Hello,
I have a question about Noachides. Do Noachides pray and if so how? What kind of relationship do you have with Hashem?
I don't know if Noachides have any set prayers like Jews would have the Amidah or Shema. I mean you have 7 laws to follow but any blessings or prayers?
I've just always been curious.
Thank you

I spoke to a Jewish woman who gave me advice, Any human can pray but if one is a Noahide, you should at least recite the word Hashem during "prayer" without prostration usually that's the case. One would close their eyes, focusing only to the creator with their heart, and requesting Hashem for a better livelihood. There is no specific way to pray for Noahides.

In my situation, being a Noahide is insufficient for me because I know I found the truth, I want to serve the creator in becoming righteous including to pray in the Shul, however it is extremely difficult/impossible to leave my relatives to declare openly I left Islam.
This can't happen anytime soon as I wish to.

Offline Sveta

• Master JTFer
« Reply #109 on: April 16, 2012, 11:50:50 PM »
Wow that's very interesting. Thank you for sharing. I've always wondered this and have wondered if Noahides say Psalms as well.
I did hear that there is or might be in the future a Shulchan Aruch for Noahides. I've always wondered what kind of a relationship a Noachilde has with Hashem.

Thanks again for your reply. 

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2013, 10:41:47 PM »
Didn't Yemen have a Jewish king and was Jewish dominated before Islam? Do you like Yemenite Hebrew music? (Zion Golan, Ofra Haza, a few others but those are the main ones I can think of right now)

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #111 on: August 02, 2013, 11:50:48 AM »
I have to find the name of the kings that resided there if any. I'm not even yemenite except by background. I do believe I have Jewish ancestry from that country though. Lazy to do a Dna.

I heard of a few mentioned Jewish music you listed. Laid back stuff. I do share Jewish Metal music in the Judaism Torah forum, I gave a few users there confusing thoughts XD
You'll find a music thread there.

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #112 on: August 07, 2013, 01:32:44 AM »
I have to find the name of the kings that resided there if any. I'm not even yemenite except by background. I do believe I have Jewish ancestry from that country though. Lazy to do a Dna.

I heard of a few mentioned Jewish music you listed. Laid back stuff. I do share Jewish Metal music in the Judaism Torah forum, I gave a few users there confusing thoughts XD
You'll find a music thread there.

I don't think DNA tests can find "Jewish ancestry" do you consider yourself Arab? do you know arabic?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:43 PM »
Yeah Arab with Turkish from my grandmother side.
My arabic is not fluent, I wanted to learn hebrew, but that did not go well with my muslim folks. 

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2013, 08:34:16 AM »
What religion do you follow?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2013, 10:45:24 AM »
Judaism

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2013, 04:56:02 PM »
Hello "The Noachide",

Are female child brides a common site in Yemen, more then other Arab countries ?

Offline kyel

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
Is this metal? lol Its one of the many songs written by a famous Yemenite Rabbi Shalom Shabazi the second one is Arabic

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #118 on: September 12, 2013, 10:33:12 PM »
Hello "The Noachide",

Are female child brides a common site in Yemen, more then other Arab countries ?

I have to say it is the highest among child brides in a poverty nation. Very common in rural environments in the mountainous areas in the south.
I remember visiting there after the civil war in 1994 and things were normalizing there. Yemenites are traditional ancient people but with an obnoxious personality for unfamiliar outside culture. They got upset when I showed my US passport to officials after arriving Sana capital.

The food is great, the tradition is ancient, I don't like 3rd world nations and the behavior of many of them.

Is this metal? lol Its one of the many songs written by a famous Yemenite Rabbi Shalom Shabazi the second one is Arabic

Orphaned land is folk oriental Metal. Very widely recognized in the Metal world.
Global Metal is a good documentary you might want to watch.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:54 AM »
What do you think about gat leaf chewing ?

Offline The Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »
It's an epidemic. Little kids often use those leaves out of desperation then they get addicted as they grow older. The BBC reported that Yemen is now a nation of khat users and addicts.

I tried it casually. Find it a time consuming activity to sit 5 hours with people socializing in a rectangle room with their hookah pipes.
My regret in life is touching a cigarette. Quit at 17 when I started at 11, now I only drink and vegetarian.