Author Topic: Sentate: Lockerbie bomber release: No medical justification; Oil was the reason  (Read 802 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/12/us-senators-report-on-lockerbie-bombers-release-no-medical-justification-scots-pressured-by-london-o.html

U.S. senators' report on Lockerbie bomber's release: no medical justification, Scots pressured by London over oil deal

As long suspected, on both counts. To allow Gadhafi to succeed at blackmail sets a disastrous precedent, and encourages more of the same. "U.K. Pressured Scots to Release Lockerbie Bomber Out of Concern for Oil Deal, Report Finds," from Fox News, November 21 (thanks to all who sent this in):

Fear of "commercial warfare" from Libya led the British government to pressure Scotland to free the convicted Lockerbie bomber last year, reads a report being released Tuesday by four U.S. senators.

The lengthy report, which calls on the British and Scottish governments to apologize for Abdelbaset al-Megrahi's release, concludes that a $900 million oil deal with Libya ultimately paved the way for the Scottish justice system to free al-Megrahi in August 2009.

The report says that faulty medical analysis was used to justify his release on "compassionate" grounds, a decision described as a crass component of a complicated trade relationship between the United Kingdom and Libya.

"The U.K. government played a direct, critical role in al-Megrahi's release," the report states. "The U.K. knew that in order to maintain trade relations with Libya, it had to give into political demands."

The investigation was led by New Jersey Democratic Sens. Robert Menendez and Frank Lautenberg and New York Democratic Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand. The report comes on the 22nd anniversary of the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, an attack that killed 270 people, many of them American. [...]

Explanations about the release, challenged from the start by outraged U.S. officials, began to unravel within days after al-Megrahi was allowed to return to his country, where he was given a hero's welcome complete with a greeting on the tarmac by Libyan President Muammar al-Qaddafi.

Regardless, the senators' latest report claims there was "no medical justification" for his release.

According to the five month investigation, the Scottish government ignored expert opinions challenging the three-month time frame, instead relying on doctors "without the necessary medical training or experience with prostate cancer to provide an accurate prognosis."...

"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
The Americans got so used to asking Israel to surrender to vile murderous savages that they decided to take their own advice.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
If Israel had oil Pollard would have been out 20 years ago..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
If Israel had oil Pollard would have been out 20 years ago..

Israel has enough bargaining chips to have gotten him out many years ago.  The Americans wanted to arrest his Israeli handler (Sela) but he was sheltered in the Embassy until the Americans made him leave the USA.  They could have done the same for Pollard.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
I read about this recently and it absolutely turned my stomach.  And the hero's welcome that this mass murderer got in Libya also turned my stomach.  The Libyans should be very glad that I'm not Commander-in-Chief of the United States military.  Because, after I gave Khadaffi a certain ultimatim, believe me, Abdelbaset al-Megrahi would be in U.S. custody and already on trial.  I feel so badly for the families.  You can imagine what they are thinking about all of this.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
I never understood it but somehow this miscreant was convicted while his accomplice was found not guilty.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
The Americans wanted to arrest his Israeli handler (Sela) but he was sheltered in the Embassy until the Americans made him leave the USA.  They could have done the same for Pollard.
If Obama asked Lewinsky to hand Sela over, he would be extradited tomorrow and Lewinsky would give Obama a nice little b.j. just as an added bonus.