Author Topic: Dinkins Faces Name-Calling In Queens (NY Times article from 1992)  (Read 413 times)

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
The late Yosef Ben Meir Z"L is mentioned.

Relevant paragraph(s):

"You're a liar! Jew hater!" yelled Joseph Ben Mayer [sic], who said he was an Israeli living in Whitestone, Queens. Across the hall Yehuda Kaplan of Crown Heights shouted: "Jew hater! You're guilty of the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum!"

As Mr. Ben Mayer [sic] was evicted from the hall by the police, Mr. Dinkins, clearly angered, shot back: "Let me address the 'Jew hater' bit for a moment. I've heard that several times. Let me tell you who this Jew hater is."

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/04/nyregion/dinkins-faces-name-calling-in-queens.html?pagewanted=all

Offline Simon Legree

• New JTFer
Re: Dinkins Faces Name-Calling In Queens (NY Times article from 1992)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
WOW

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Dinkins Faces Name-Calling In Queens (NY Times article from 1992)
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 08:47:10 PM »
The late Yosef Ben Meir Z"L is mentioned.

Relevant paragraph(s):

"You're a liar! Jew hater!" yelled Joseph Ben Mayer [sic], who said he was an Israeli living in Whitestone, Queens. Across the hall Yehuda Kaplan of Crown Heights shouted: "Jew hater! You're guilty of the murder of Yankel Rosenbaum!"

As Mr. Ben Mayer [sic] was evicted from the hall by the police, Mr. Dinkins, clearly angered, shot back: "Let me address the 'Jew hater' bit for a moment. I've heard that several times. Let me tell you who this Jew hater is.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/12/04/nyregion/dinkins-faces-name-calling-in-queens.html?pagewanted=all
He was better know as the "wash room attendant" Mayor  :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years