Author Topic: Father cannot attend sons trial in Israel kapo judge  (Read 1949 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Father cannot attend sons trial in Israel kapo judge
« on: June 03, 2007, 07:33:22 AM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/122637   

Father Under House Arrest as Son's Verdict Decided

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com) Shmuel Cytryn, a shepherd from Nachliel in the central Binyamin region, will not be present as his son Shimshon's verdict is read aloud today in the Be'er Sheva District courthouse. Instead, Cytryn-the-father is under house arrest for having tried to stop two Arabs who stoned his car and smashed his windshield.

Shimshon's verdict in a rock-throwing incident that could land him years in jail was to have been handed down this past Wednesday - but was postponed until today - Sunday at 2:30 PM - because of the above incident.

The story began nearly two years ago, several weeks before the Disengagement/expulsion from Gush Katif and northern Shomron. In protest of the withdrawal, well over 150 Jewish youths had taken over an abandoned seashore building not far from Shirat HaYam - one of the 21 Jewish Gaza communities later destroyed in the Disengagement. The youths took over the building after the IDF destroyed ten other abandoned structures nearby, into which it feared anti-expulsion protestors would move in and impede the expulsion from Gush Katif.

When army and police forces moved in to throw them out, nearby Arabs living in a building across the road joined in the fray, throwing rocks and injuring one Israeli; the Jews threw rocks back as well. Several Jews were arrested in the ensuing melee. It was reported that an Arab had been "mortally wounded," and the situation was widely described by media, political and military sources as a Jewish "lynching" of Arabs.

Manhunt Begins
Amidst this charged atmosphere, a manhunt was launched for two Israeli youths filmed throwing rocks from close range at an Arab. When 18-year-old Shimshon Cytryn was finally arrested a few days later, it was widely assumed that he would receive up to 20 years in prison for his role.

However, as Arutz-7 reported at the time, most of reports did not mention that the injured Arab had been throwing rocks at Israelis for 15 minutes beforehand - and that he was up and about even while media reports continued to describe him as "mortally wounded." In addition, the purported victim, Hilal Ziad Al-Majaydeh, told Voice of Israel Radio the next day that he had not been attacked by a civilian, but rather by an IDF soldier.

One person on the scene, known as A.D., told Arutz-7 shortly afterwards about this alleged "lynching." He said that the television footage of an Arab lying on the ground and then two Jewish boys running towards him and throwing rocks at him was a distortion of what actually happened. "That's not the story!" he said. "I saw this same Arab get hit in the head with a rock - and yet he continued to throw rocks, like a tiger, for the next 15 minutes! And then I saw some reporters go over to him and tell him to lie down and act as if he was unconscious. Later on, he was taken out walking on his own, holding on to a soldier..."

District Court Ignores Testing Service Reports
The injustice continued after Shimshon's arrest and during his incarceration. After two months, he requested to be released to house arrest, bringing no fewer than three Testing Service reports attesting that he did not present a public danger. Despite this, District Court Judge Binyamin Azulai turned him down four times. Finally, in November 2005, 4.5 months after Shimshon's arrest, Supreme Court Justice Edmond Levy released him to the care of a rabbi in Shaalvim, with sharp criticism of the lower court judge for not doing it sooner.
There are those who are normal and never do anything for anyone, but there are also those who aren't normal and who can't sit idly by and watch bad things happen

On the Way to the Courthouse
Shimshon and his father Shmuel were on their way to hear the verdict this past Wednesday when two Arabs in a small truck tried to cut them off, threw rocks at their car, and broke their windshield. The father, speaking from his neighbor's house where he is being held under house arrest, said that he was treated by the police as if he were the attacker.

Shmuel said, "A policeman later told me that he respected what I did - but I should never have called the police..."

He added, " The judge told me that even if I was right, I should have just written down their license number and called the police, and not tried to take the law into my own hands. When I said that there is such a thing as a citizen's arrest, she said that a normal person wouldn't do that. I said that when I killed three terrorists in battle and dragged out the body of my dead commander and received an award for it - that also wasn't normal; and just a few weeks ago, when a civilian caught an escaped rapist and held him until the police came [sic], this also wasn't normal... There are those who are normal and never do anything for anyone, but there are also those who aren't normal and who can't sit idly by and watch bad things happen not only to their own children, but to everyone else's children and who care enough about the Jewish People to be a little bit abnormal..."

Shimshon Cytryn, a yeshiva student known for his dedication to his studies and who has recently become engaged to be married, was represented at first by the Honenu Civil Rights organization, and later by an attorney in Tel Aviv.

"I accept those who are normal," Shmuel Cytryn said; "maybe those who are normal can also accept me a little, and help us... If you can try to contact Honenu [legal civil rights organization] or similar organizations, it would be very much appreciated."

For more information on the case and how to help defray the family's legal expenses, send email to [email protected].
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ehud

• Master JTFer
Re: Father cannot attend sons trial in Israel kapo judge
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 09:45:09 AM »
Where are the normal people?  Shmuel and his son must be thinking that they're living in a country full of lunatics, and they are.  These people are heros!  The only thing father and son are guilty of are protecting themselves and other Jews!  This is absolutely shameful.
"The Jews will eventually have to face up to what you're dealing with here.  The arabs will never love you for what good you've brought them.  They don't know how to really love.  But hate!  Oh, G-d, can they hate!  And they have a deep, deep, deep resentment because you have jolted them from their delusions of grandeur and shown them for what they are-a decadent, savage people controlled by a religion that has stripped them of all human ambition . . . except for the few cruel enough and arrogant enough to command them as one commands a mob of sheep.  You are dealing with a mad society and you'd better learn how to control it."

-Excerpt from The Haj by Leon Uris

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Father cannot attend sons trial in Israel kapo judge
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 09:49:01 AM »
The Israeli media are always talking about anti Israel feelings in other countrys ,50% of the anti Israel sites quote Israeli newspapers and then these papers wonder why some people are anti Israel
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03