Author Topic: Why do I have off tomorrow?  (Read 989 times)

Offline nopeaceforland

• Master JTFer
Why do I have off tomorrow?
« on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
JTF'ers, I ask you good people: Did Martin Luther King actually do anything for this country? I mean, I'm going to enjoy celebrating tomorrow with my fried chicken, collard greens and a 40, not to mention my trip to welfare....but what are we celebrating?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Why do I have off tomorrow?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 07:01:57 PM »
JTF'ers, I ask you good people: Did Martin Luther King actually do anything for this country? I mean, I'm going to enjoy celebrating tomorrow with my fried chicken, collard greens and a 40, not to mention my trip to welfare....but what are we celebrating?
I don't know but I am working as usual... I get every holiday there is and even a few that others don't get but that's one we don't have...Thank G-d!! As for what it is your celebrating... Heaven only knows... As a person who grew up during them times it might be all the radical marches or how half the large cities had their black sections burned to the ground ( Goes to show the intelligence of stupid black animals that burn down their own habitat and then can't even buy a quart of milk because there are no stores around.) When President Reagan made a speech announcing he was going to make the day into a national holiday he stated very plainly that he was doing it because enough people wanted it...He did go on to say however  in time to come if the records on MLK were ever unsealed people would not like what they see...
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 07:52:58 PM »
I'll be working, my bank is open, and I'll be flying my Confederate Flag and calling it Robert E. Lee Day here!  ;D
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 09:12:52 PM »
I'm working and quite busy actually.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 11:02:14 PM »
Don't forget the cornbread! How could you forget the cornbread?

In all seriousness, just enjoy the day off! If you really want to reflect on the "legacy" of this philandering sexual degenerate, plagiarist, fake, phony, fraud, I would recommend that you pull out a box of tissues and just sob it up. We should be mourning because his dream was every decent person's nightmare.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 11:23:01 PM »
What do we say concerning his apparent support of Zionism? I don't know if I asked this before, or whether anyone has already asked Chaim about it...

While reading Carl in Jerusalems site the other day he mentioned that some suggest it is not really King who wrote it...

Here is what this website says: http://christianactionforisrael.org/antiholo/ml_king.html

EDIT:

Im sorry... It appears the letter was confirmed as a hoax...

http://www.jewish-history.com/mlk_zionism.html

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2011/01/helen-thomas-boss-and-difference.html

PS: Apparently he was supportive of Jews and Zionism, but he did not write that letter...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 11:35:24 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 11:36:41 PM »
http://www.jewish-history.com/mlk_zionism.html

King understood how important it is not to stand by in the face of injustice. He understood the cry, “Let my people go.”

Long before the plight of the Jews in the Soviet Union was on the front pages, he raised his voice. “I cannot stand idly by, even though I happen to live in the United States and even though I happen to be an American Negro and not be concerned about what happens to the Jews in Soviet Russia. For what happens to them happens to me and you, and we must be concerned.”

During his lifetime King witnessed the birth of Israel and the continuing struggle to build a nation. He consistently reiterated his stand on the Israeli-Arab conflict, stating “Israel’s right to exist as a state in security is uncontestable.” It was no accident that King emphasized “security” in his statements on the Middle East.

On March 25, 1968, less than two weeks before his tragic death, he spoke out with clarity and directness stating, “peace for Israel means security, and we must stand with all our might to protect its right to exist, its territorial integrity. I see Israel as one of the great outposts of democracy in the world, and a marvelous example of what can be done, how desert land can be transformed into an oasis of brotherhood and democracy. Peace for Israel means security and that security must be a reality.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:36:17 AM »
I have my own ethnic pride shirt I'll be wearing today.

G-d bless the memory of James Earl Ray.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 02:48:42 PM »
I remember when George Washington's Birthday was an official American Holiday.      Now,   it's combined with Abraham Lincoln's birthday as part of '  Presidents Day'.     Which in essence is a day of sales at department stores,  malls etc.      It's sad that Martin Luther King's  ' contribution'   is viewed more favorably than George Washington's contribution.       Something is clearly wrong with this picture!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/