Author Topic: Foul language (even misspelled) is not acceptable  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
Foul language (even misspelled) is not acceptable
« on: January 21, 2011, 09:16:48 AM »
This is a religious forum. Please do not attempt to misspell profane words to bypass the word filter.

We have many religious and young people here as well. We are trying to provide a place where everyone can participate.

I do not want to see any more foul language. It is sad that, in this day and age, very profane speech is seen to be so acceptable, that there are those who would use it on a religious forum. Please think about the movement when wording your posts.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Foul language (even misspelled) is not acceptable
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 09:31:37 AM »
We might have differing opinions over what words are actually inappropriate.  For instance I do not think that the word for 'jackdonkey' is inappropriate whereas other words are.  There are also other words like 'shmuck' that I think chaim uses fairly often and I don't see that as inappropriate even tho its english translation is inappropriate. 

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 09:41:02 AM »
Thank you, Shlomo. I have to agree with you. Even if you censor profane words, it's still wrong.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »
Dagnabit! Consarnit! Can I call people dunderwhelps?

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 01:24:59 PM »
I rarely visit this website, but being a young Jew (age: 17), I see the biggest problem for JTF in getting votes is its religiosity. Most Nationalists in Israel are Secular. It's split in the US. Still though, destroying freedom of speech even amongst the supporters is dangerous territory for JTF, because it's such a basic right.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:51:48 PM »
Most secular agree with us on the issues with the exception of Religous. They agree with us about the Arabs.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »
There is no NEED to use foul language. I don't know why some people consider it a 'right' to use offensive language. How hypocritical it is for some members to look down their noses at other socio-ethnic peoples {like the blacks} for their use of offensive language when some of our own are just as offensive as the worst jungle monkey out there...

Seriously folks... Intelligent people use intelligent language. This is not censorship because the ideas which are being expressed {unless they are dark and evil} can be expressed other ways.

We will never be able to defeat our enemies if we are just like animals. I agree 100% with Shlomo on this...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14