Author Topic: Israeli Christian Girl gives up promising modeling career to serve in IDF  (Read 5662 times)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Israeli Christian Girl gives up promising modeling career to serve in IDF
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2011, 10:46:23 AM »
"When I got my enlistment order I was contemplating whether to stay in Israel," King admits.
It seems Israel needs to revise some if it's laws... How can someone be compelled to serve by an enlistment order and yet not be a citizen of Israel... I can see a person with non citizen status volunteering but not being compelled...Clearly she must have some legal status being born there.... From time to time I hear some people here  say they would not advocate people enlisting in the IDF....Without the IDF how would Israel maintain its security?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
It seems Israel needs to revise some if it's laws... How can someone be compelled to serve by an enlistment order and yet not be a citizen of Israel... I can see a person with non citizen status volunteering but not being compelled...Clearly she must have some legal status being born there.... From time to time I hear some people here  say they would not advocate people enlisting in the IDF....Without the IDF how would Israel maintain its security?
Many soldiers in the IDF might be compelled to participate in expulsions of Jews and destruction of settlements. Many of these people are not strong enough to refuse such orders.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2011, 11:38:58 AM »
Many soldiers in the IDF might be compelled to participate in expulsions of Jews and destruction of settlements. Many of these people are not strong enough to refuse such orders.
It's a very sad fact that soldiers in the IDF are called on to do this sort of expulsion work... This is something in the long run that will do extensive damage to the IDF itself... What is the solution here? People serving in the military  refusing orders are subject to harsh penalties in most military establishments... The government should not put its military people in this sort of cross purpose situation... Once something like an expulsion is decided the government has to either use it's security force or allow some outside people in which could even be a far worse situation... It's not the IDF thats the problem its policy from the top that stinks to kingdom come... Aside from some grumbling I would be very interested to know just how much resistance the IDF commanders got from the enlisted people during the last expulsions... People serving in the military are really caught between a rock and a hard place when it comes to situations like that... Time in a military brig and what comes after it are no joke.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2011, 11:39:11 AM »
Her heart is in the right place. I don't think any person should serve in the IDF but she probably thinks it's the honorable thing to do.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2011, 12:52:25 PM »
As repugnant IDF policy toward heroic Jewish pioneers is, a lot of you are living in the clouds. Without IDF there would be not one breathing Jew in the land of Israel. The patriotism, love for the land and for Jewish people must supersede the stinking government. This girl is patriotic and Zionist. Something that could not be said about a majority of ultra-orthodox / hassidic Jewish "men". If you believe in G-d, this should only strengthen the love for the land, not negate it.
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 01:11:37 PM »
Are you suggesting that the IDF can't function if only men enlist?  Because that premise is a joke.

Offline FreedomFighter08

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
To be Christian?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To serve in the army?   In Judaism, women are not supposed to be in combat.

To join the Jewish Expulsion forces and throw out settlers?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To showcase her goods as a 'model' after she gets done with army service?   Forbidden by Judaism (laws of modesty).

Ughhh. Mr. Buzzkillington the 1940s are calling for you. Laws of "modesty" and the concept of "modesty" is a joke and will be left behind when the new generation takes over. Throwing out settlers isn't forbidden by Judaism. Stop looking to a book and look to the present. Who cares if it is forbidden? In order for Israel to be as modern as it is now, it needs to be secular, as it will be suicide to fall in the path of religious government like many Islamic countries have done? Women aren't supposed to be in combat? Why? Give me a good reason from the Bible.

After you give me your reason I will disregard it because it's still just a book.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
As repugnant IDF policy toward heroic Jewish pioneers is, a lot of you are living in the clouds. Without IDF there would be not one breathing Jew in the land of Israel. The patriotism, love for the land and for Jewish people must supersede the stinking government.

Well said !
I can't see how Israel could defend herself against another large-scale coordinated Arab military offensive tomorrow if young Israelis refuse to serve and to be trained in the IDF. When Kahanists take power in Israel, the IDF will undergo major changes and become a true Jewish army. Until then, the best call is to serve in the army but to refuse to obey any antisemitic order such as an expulsion order. I am not saying it is easy, but it is the only right thing to do. Desertion is irresponsible.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 03:59:27 PM »
I don't think any person should serve in the IDF

Then you are wishing death on Israel because Israel without an army, as imperfectly Jewish as it may be, will immediately be destroyed by the Arabs.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 04:33:31 PM »
Ughhh. Mr. Buzzkillington the 1940s are calling for you. Laws of "modesty" and the concept of "modesty" is a joke and will be left behind when the new generation takes over. Throwing out settlers isn't forbidden by Judaism. Stop looking to a book and look to the present. Who cares if it is forbidden? In order for Israel to be as modern as it is now, it needs to be secular, as it will be suicide to fall in the path of religious government like many Islamic countries have done? Women aren't supposed to be in combat? Why? Give me a good reason from the Bible.

After you give me your reason I will disregard it because it's still just a book.

Even from a purely non-religious point of view, expelling settlers is disgusting and disastrous. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 04:33:48 PM »

Is this supposed to be a joke?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 04:34:44 PM »
Then you are wishing death on Israel because Israel without an army, as imperfectly Jewish as it may be, will immediately be destroyed by the Arabs.
Israel survives because of G-d, not because of man.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 04:39:58 PM »
Israel survives because of G-d, not because of man.

The Torah tells us not to rely on miracles.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
There is a distinction between saying that people shouldn't serve in the army to saying that there shouldn't be an army. The situation we are facing is that there would be an army with or without kahanists serving in it, and it would remain a leftist controlled army with or without them.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 06:16:21 PM »
Ughhh. Mr. Buzzkillington the 1940s are calling for you. Laws of "modesty"

Perhaps you're not aware of this but when I cite "laws of modesty" I'm referring to jewish law (halacha) which stipulates that Jews must behave as holy people and not reveal their naked body except in context of relations with spouse.

and the concept of "modesty" is a joke and will be left behind when the new generation takes over.

New generations already have taken over, the establishment is secular but religious jews still cling to their sacred religion and Torah is still relevant for all Jews. So I use the values of Torah to judge whether a person is an "example" for jewish youth.
Throwing out settlers isn't forbidden by Judaism.

Actually it is forbidden to expel Jews from their homes.  Settlers are also Jews.    You just hate what Judaism says and that' not my problem but don't claim it says something else.

Stop looking to a book and look to the present. Who cares if it is forbidden?

No.  Jews follow judaism as God has instructed us to, and we do just fine with that.  Without Torah, we are not a nation.

Btw, even if a person chooses to rebel or ignore the jewish tradition and halacha, expelling jews is still an act of treason by any logic!

In order for Israel to be as modern as it is now, it needs to be secular, as it will be suicide to fall in the path of religious government like many Islamic countries have done?

No, expelling Jews is suicide.

Women aren't supposed to be in combat? Why? Give me a good reason from the Bible.

Then why did you ask for one?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 06:18:56 PM »
The Torah tells us not to rely on miracles.
Israel exists because of a miracle. The vast majority of European Jewry was not interested in heeding Ze'ev's call to go to the Holy Land to take it back. The vast majority of European Jewry was exterminated in the Holocaust. With most good, religious Jews murdered, an enormous portion of the Jews in Israel in the late 1940s were insane kibbutznik leftists, worshippers of Ben Gurion--hardly heroic Zionist material.

With all of those factors in mind, there is no other way to explain the survival and prospering of the reconstituted Israel than miraculous action. Yes, we aren't supposed to count on miracles, but G-d knows better than to count on us, too.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
As repugnant IDF policy toward heroic Jewish pioneers is, a lot of you are living in the clouds. Without IDF there would be not one breathing Jew in the land of Israel. The patriotism, love for the land and for Jewish people must supersede the stinking government. This girl is patriotic and Zionist. Something that could not be said about a majority of ultra-orthodox / hassidic Jewish "men". If you believe in G-d, this should only strengthen the love for the land, not negate it.
Great post!!! I think this girl believes in the country she was born in and is trying to do her best by it... The thing is to get more of the right thinking people into the IDF... The more people in positions of power with the correct mindset the better... That's the way I see it anyway. 

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 03:31:04 AM »
Israel exists because of a miracle. The vast majority of European Jewry was not interested in heeding Ze'ev's call to go to the Holy Land to take it back. The vast majority of European Jewry was exterminated in the Holocaust. With most good, religious Jews murdered, an enormous portion of the Jews in Israel in the late 1940s were insane kibbutznik leftists, worshippers of Ben Gurion--hardly heroic Zionist material.

With all of those factors in mind, there is no other way to explain the survival and prospering of the reconstituted Israel than miraculous action. Yes, we aren't supposed to count on miracles, but G-d knows better than to count on us, too.

I wouldn't be so assertive as to say that "Israel exists because of a miracle", as the foundation and even the survival of the state of Israel up to this day can be explained in a variety of ways. But anyway, let's assume that it involves a miraculous intervention. What kind of miracle do you think it would take for Israel to survive without a trained and functional army ? Do you find it reasonable to even think about this ? Let's put it this way : just because I believe in G-d doesn't mean that I'm going to throw myself from the twelfth floor, thinking that He will save me. G-d watches us and judges us. He has mercy upon us but if we do foolish things, we should be prepared to face the consequences of our actions.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 03:42:43 AM »
There is a distinction between saying that people shouldn't serve in the army to saying that there shouldn't be an army.

I don't understand : what would be an army without people serving in it ?

The situation we are facing is that there would be an army with or without kahanists serving in it, and it would remain a leftist controlled army with or without them.

Are you saying that it doesn't matter if Kahanists won't serve in the army because the non-Kahanists will serve anyway, so that if the Arabs attack again, the non-Kahanists will be there to fight the Arabs ? I hope not, but the way you put it suggests this interpretation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 03:55:11 AM by Yaakov Mendel »

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »
YOU NEED KAHANISTS IN THE IDF THEY SHOULD LAY LOW UNTIL THE TIME COMES TO ACT .THEY SHOULD ALSO BE IN ALL BRANCHES OF THE POLICE
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 08:30:21 AM »
I don't understand : what would be an army without people serving in it ?

Are you saying that it doesn't matter if Kahanists won't serve in the army because the non-Kahanists will serve anyway, so that if the Arabs attack again, the non-Kahanists will be there to fight the Arabs ? I hope not, but the way you put it suggests this interpretation.

What I would really like is to have a righteous army with Kahanists and other loyal and sensible Jews filling the ranks. But the situation is that the army is run by scums and traitors and that is how it would be whether the few Kahanists serve in it or not (and BTW Kahanist aktivists have been refused from entering the army service for years, for example Binyamin Kahane and I believe also Itamar ben Gvir and Noam Federman).

So if we are going to have an army of leftists who rather be a cannon feed than to clip a toe nail of an Arab let them have it.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:18 AM »

That is not the Jewish view.  I don't think yaakov mendel was denying that israels founding is miraculous.  The fact remains we are forbidden to rely on a miracle.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2011, 08:57:29 AM »
Ron, Zelhar,

You are eluding the objection. Who said that they were happy with what the IDF is now ? Certainly not me...
But to whom will desertion mostly benefit ? First and foremost to the Arabs. If all young Israelis refuse to serve in the army, what do you think will happen ?

Ron,
You are overdoing it on the failures of the IDF against Hezbollah and, even more, against Hamas. If it were not for a couple of casualties caused by tragic accidents, there would not have been a single Israeli soldier dead during Operation Cast Lead. Hamas was not able to take out one Israel soldier, whereas the IDF got rid of hundreds and hundreds of Hamas combatants. Of course I am not happy with the end result of this operation. But whose fault is it ? If the political and the military leaders of Israel allowed their soldiers to unleash their real power, instead of pandering to the "international community", Hamas would be crushed like a cockroach. The same is true of Hezbollah.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »
You are eluding the objection. Who said that they were happy with what the IDF is now ? Certainly not me...
But to whom will desertion mostly benefit ? First and foremost to the Arabs. If all young Israelis refuse to serve in the army, what do you think will happen ?
I don't say people mustn't serve, but rather that under the current circumstances, if they refuse to serve it is also a legitimate choice. I hope all the leftists in Israel would desert the army, desert the country altogether. We don't need Yariv Openheimer (he is an officer in the reserves) and his fellow traitors in Israel.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 09:34:03 AM »
I don't say people mustn't serve, but rather that under the current circumstances, if they refuse to serve it is also a legitimate choice. I hope all the leftists in Israel would desert the army, desert the country altogether. We don't need Yariv Openheimer (he is an officer in the reserves) and his fellow traitors in Israel.

Oh, I don't agree, Yariv Oppenheimer will scare the Arabs to death !  :laugh: