Author Topic: Israeli Christian Girl gives up promising modeling career to serve in IDF  (Read 5628 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4019248,00.html  

From high heels to military drills

Anna King, 20, puts off promising modeling career abroad to don army uniform, become Hummer operator. Jerusalem-born model is one of only 100 Christians serving in IDF

Yaron Sasson
Published:    01.26.11, 19:15 / Israel News

Share on TwitterShare on Facebook

Khaki is the new black: Some prefer easy money and the glitzy cat walk, while others opt for grease, sand and military uniform. At this very moment, Anna King – a Christian model from Jerusalem – could have been on the line between New York and Beijing, skipping from photo shoots to runway shows. But King chose to become a Hummer operator at the national center for ground forces training (MALI).

King was born 20 year ago in Jerusalem. Her grandfather is a member of the ascetic Amish sect, and the deep love for Israel was bestowed on her by her parents, who met during a Christian festival that was held in Israel.

Her father established the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem – an organization that supports Israel and encouraged wider Christian understanding of Biblical Zionism.

During her high school studies, King got an offer that changed her life. "I went to get a haircut with my mother," she recalls. "The barber and his wife, who designs wedding dresses, asked me if I modeled. They said it was good money and showed me some catalogs."

King began her modeling career shooting evening and wedding gowns for a local catalog; shortly thereafter, she signed a contract with a modeling agency.

"When I got my enlistment order I was contemplating whether to stay in Israel," King admits.

"They wanted me to model for another big catalog and offered to fly me to Beijing and the United States and sign me on a big modeling contract," she adds.

'Gun shells in pocket'
But despite the great temptation, King decided to complete her military service. "I know that modeling offers good money, but it was important for me to enlist. My parents didn’t think I would go through with it, but they supported me.

"During basic training I would come home with stacks of gun shells in my pocket. My mom was mortified, but she slowly got used to it," King notes.

Currently, King is one of some 100 Christians serving in the IDF. After completing her basic training at the southern Zeelim military base, King was given the position of a Hummer operator.

Although she is a self-proclaimed "spoiled only child," King's army service is far from pampering. "Drills can last from midnight until the first hours of the morning, and sometimes we can sleep a whole week in a pup tent," she said.

In six months, after she completes 20 months of military service, King will receive her Israeli citizenship. Shortly thereafter, she will be released from the IDF, and would be able to switch back from camouflage to makeup    

Compare her to these scoundrels               

http://jtf.org/forum/index.php/topic,52651.0.html
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 03:01:29 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What a farse. She clearly doesn't belong not only in the IDF, but in Israel.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
What a farse. She clearly doesn't belong not only in the IDF, but in Israel.
She was born in Israel and isn't a qurananimal Look at this soldier     

http://masada2000.org/jnf.html
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
She was born in Israel and isn't a qurananimal Look at this soldier      

http://masada2000.org/jnf.html
I have nothing against her except assuming she isn't a missionary. But I don't think Christians should immigrate to Israel and mix with Jew. If they want to help the Jews the best thing they can do is be a model citizens in their homeland, fight quranimal invadors and their liberal allies.

Offline Manch

• Master JTFer
  • Kahane Tzadak!
Great girl! A lot of Jewish girls should look at this girl for the inspiration.

This is what I would call a MODEL citizen!
 :israel:
Hayot Araviot Masrihot

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Gaer toshav!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Great girl! A lot of Jewish girls should look at this girl for the inspiration.

This is what I would call a MODEL citizen!
 :israel:

What exactly is the inspiration that Jews should take from this girl?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Pretty much the only purpose of the IDF these days is to kick Jews out of their homes, but this girl probably doesn't know that.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
What exactly is the inspiration that Jews should take from this girl?

To be like her ,not that lying tramp Bar Refaeli

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
To be like her ,not that lying tramp Bar Refaeli

To be Christian?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To serve in the army?   In Judaism, women are not supposed to be in combat.

To join the Jewish Expulsion forces and throw out settlers?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To showcase her goods as a 'model' after she gets done with army service?   Forbidden by Judaism (laws of modesty).

Shall we go on?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: Israeli Christian Girl gives up promising modeling career to serve in IDF
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 06:34:39 AM »
To be Christian?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To serve in the army?   In Judaism, women are not supposed to be in combat.

To join the Jewish Expulsion forces and throw out settlers?   Forbidden by Judaism.

To showcase her goods as a 'model' after she gets done with army service?   Forbidden by Judaism (laws of modesty).

Shall we go on?
Bar Refaeli posed only in a thong i heard in the coming months she's going to pose completely naked front and back.She avoided IDF service by claiming she was religious,i can assure you this girl is not running after Jewish men she's a Religious Christian

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 06:52:03 AM »
Bar Refaeli posed only in a thong i heard in the coming months she's going to pose completely naked front and back.She avoided IDF service by claiming she was religious,i can assure you this girl is not running after Jewish men she's a Religious Christian
Why are you so sure about it ? And if she is a religious Christian what is she doing in the Jewish army anyway.

* I think Bar Refaeli got herself a fake marriage to be exempted from service.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39:32 AM »
Why are you so sure about it ? And if she is a religious Christian what is she doing in the Jewish army anyway.

* I think Bar Refaeli got herself a fake marriage to be exempted from service.
Being that she was born in Israel is there even a way for her to opt out without violating the law?  It seems like she is following the rules while in the IDF what is the difference what she does after she leaves the service....
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 07:52:53 AM »
Being that she was born in Israel is there even a way for her to opt out without violating the law?  It seems like she is following the rules while in the IDF what is the difference what she does after she leaves the service....
She is not a citizen. The report says she volunteered to serve in the army and will have earned Israeli citizenship after she has completed the service.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 08:26:21 AM »
She is not a citizen. The report says she volunteered to serve in the army and will have earned Israeli citizenship after she has completed the service.
She was born in Israel .Druse,Circassianand Russian none Jews serve in IDF so why not an American

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:14 AM »
Bar Refaeli exceeded my expectations of what an immoral person she  is.And you're right she faked a marriage. 

Men who have sex with her :o :o

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=9085937115&topic=15342&start=0&hash=84f14232ba70a67cbeb6ed720491200e

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2011, 09:37:18 AM »

Bar rafaeli is NOT a role model.

But I don't understand why you think that her mere existence has anything to do with some christian model girl or why it makes some other girl a so-called example for Jewish women.  NEITHER of them are!

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2011, 09:42:07 AM »
She was born in Israel .Druse,Circassianand Russian none Jews serve in IDF so why not an American

Btw, I did NOT sat that 'going after jewish men' is one of the things that makes her an example that Jewish women should not follow because I have no idea if she is or she isn't.  I gave plenty of real reasons why she is not an example for Jewish women.  We have our own righteous and heroic people to look up to, we do not need to salivate over every nonJewish woman that expresses solidarity with israel as if all Jewush women are self hating or some fashion model is a paragon of virtue.  That is really a disgrace to think that way!

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2011, 09:44:03 AM »
You don't at all think that caring about the nation of Israel, in and of itself, is worth emulating?

No, I don't advocate serving in the IDF, but you and I both know that most young Israelis are so brainwashed that they don't even know if Israel is in the right. This Christian woman gets that.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »
Now seriously, the IDF is the Israeli army and not the foreign legion. Americans can serve in the American army.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Btw, I did NOT sat that 'going after jewish men' is one of the things that makes her an example that Jewish women should not follow because I have no idea if she is or she isn't.  I gave plenty of real reasons why she is not an example for Jewish women.  We have our own righteous and heroic people to look up to, we do not need to salivate over every nonJewish woman that expresses solidarity with israel as if all Jewush women are self hating or some fashion model is a paragon of virtue.  That is really a disgrace to think that way!
I agree  proper Jewish women don't need an example But with all the draft dodging charedim and the TelAviv draft dodgers she is an example.Just like the Dutch none Jewish idf soldier who was killed in the intifada.I'm not saying she's an example just that she's a good girl.

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »
Now seriously, the IDF is the Israeli army and not the foreign legion. Americans can serve in the American army.
She was born and lives in Israel

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2011, 09:51:16 AM »
You don't at all think that caring about the nation of Israel, in and of itself, is worth emulating?

No, I don't advocate serving in the IDF, but you and I both know that most young Israelis are so brainwashed that they don't even know if Israel is in the right. This Christian woman gets that.
I don't know enough about the Christian girl to say if there is anything admirable about her decision. So far I see she is admired by a self hating media whose objective is to destroy the Jewish identity of Israel.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2011, 09:54:18 AM »

I agree with this, but kwrbt has good points.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2011, 09:56:29 AM »
"When I got my enlistment order I was contemplating whether to stay in Israel," King admits.

Shot at 2010-01-03