Author Topic: Rabbi Schifren speaks at EDL Nottingham  (Read 724 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Rabbi Schifren speaks at EDL Nottingham
« on: February 17, 2011, 08:01:25 AM »
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 08:08:50 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline christians4jews

• Master JTFer
Re: Rabbi Schifren speaks at EDL Nottingham
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 06:57:12 PM »
good stuff

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 07:22:53 PM »
The Rabbi speaks well... The video is quite interesting... I am under the impression he is running for state politics out in California...
http://www.rabbiforsenate.com/
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:39:43 PM »
I sorry to make this observation but does anyone notice all the Crosses and other non-Jewish symbols in that picture?

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 08:05:29 PM »
I sorry to make this observation but does anyone notice all the Crosses and other non-Jewish symbols in that picture?

Do the crosses and non Jewish symbols detract from what the Rabbi had to say?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 08:16:20 PM »
Do the crosses and non Jewish symbols detract from what the Rabbi had to say?

I have not listened.... I doubt that it would..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 08:46:15 PM »

the UK and English flags have crosses in them.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 08:52:32 PM »
the UK and English flags have crosses in them.

I obviously know that.... But I have never heard of the English flag... Aren't the UK and English flags one and the same?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 10:57:22 PM »
I obviously know that.... But I have never heard of the English flag... Aren't the UK and English flags one and the same?

no.
UK flag

English flag

Scottish Flag

The UK flag is a combination of the latter two.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 02:20:19 AM »
I would call the UK flag the British flag... It is called the Union Jack, I believe...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_jack

The Union Flag, also known as the Union Jack, is the flag of the United Kingdom.[1] It retains an official or semi-official status in some Commonwealth Realms; for example, it is known as the Royal Union Flag in Canada.[2] It is also used as an official flag in some of the smaller British overseas territories. The current design dates from the Union of Great Britain and Ireland in 1801.[3]

When the first flag was introduced in 1606, it became known simply as "the British flag" or "the flag of Britain". The royal proclamation gave no distinctive name to the new flag. The word "jack" was in use before 1600 to describe the maritime bow flag.[citation needed] By 1627 a small Union Jack was commonly flown in this position. One theory goes that for some years it would have been called just "the Jack", or "Jack flag", or "the King's Jack", but by 1674, while formally referred to as "His Majesty's Jack", it was commonly called the Union Jack, and this was officially acknowledged.[3]