Author Topic: I hate Nazis  (Read 576 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I hate Nazis
« on: March 02, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
I am very upset at the moment. While I was looking for links to post here concerning my friend whose daughter died while fighting in Iraq I came across a site which is obviously a neo-nazi, white-national site. Of course the antisemitic content was high. But what really disturbed me was that they were using my friends daughter as an example... They implied that she was one of the only Jews who died in the war. Although I do not know the specifications I am offended because my friends daughter was born to a non-Jewish wife... My friend, an Orthodox Jew today, eventually divorced and married an Orthodox Jewish woman and had 2 more children with her...

I posted some very angry responses at that site..

Here are some links about my friends daughter:

http://www.jewsingreen.com/home/blog/comments/honoring_a1c_elizabeth_n_jacobson/

http://www.airmanjacobson.com/

She was frustrated it took more than two years to get to Iraq, David Jacobson said. While waiting for deployment, she kept in close contact with soldiers who had been injured in the war. They were her heroes. She idolized the troops who were already there.

Her family has no regrets about her serving her country, David Jacobson said. She believed in the cause. But it's hard to see a life end that was just beginning to bloom.

For more than three months, she kept requesting her assignment. They finally relented a week ago and put her on the convoys.

"She was on the convoys for six days when she was killed," David Jacobson said.

Her truck was behind the lead vehicle, which tripped the roadside bomb. She died instantly.

http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/27389/elizabeth-jacobson-air-force-member-killed-in-iraq/

Friday, October 14, 2005 | return to: local

Elizabeth Jacobson, Air Force member, killed in Iraq
by alexandra j. wall, staff writer

An Orthodox Jew from Vallejo was sitting shiva this week for his daughter Airman 1st Class Elizabeth Jacobson, 21, who was the first female member of the Air Force to die in Iraq.

Jacobson was baptized and mostly raised Christian, and her mother was not Jewish. But her father tried to give her and her sister some sense of Jewish identity. She had enough of one to wear dog tags that identified her as Jewish.

Jacobson was born in Florida and was raised in Madera Ranchos, near Fresno. She and her sister were young children when their parents divorced.

"I felt guilty, and wanted them to self-identify in part as Jews, at least to the extent what I understood it meant to be Jewish," said David Jacobson in a phone interview. "I tried to transmit it to them, and for awhile that meant telling them they were Jewish because I wanted patrilineal Judaism to be true."

David Jacobson later began exploring Orthodox Judaism, and about five years ago, he became Orthodox.

Please help me beat back the Nazi vermin @ http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2011/02/paying-their-share-jewish-american-military-losses-in-the-war-on-terror
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: I hate Nazis
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 08:05:22 PM »
Trying to argue with Nazis is like trying to teach math to chimps.  Nazis are too stupid to understand anything, so don't waste your breath.

Over a decade ago, I tried arguing with David Duke about Kosovo, and he was completely devoid of any common sense.  Naziism is like a neurotoxin, the same as Islam.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:14:21 PM »
What is actually your point of contention here?  The fact that the nazi site is using the memory of you friends daughter or the fact that her credentials as a Jew are not enough to classify her as being Jewish... I am sure the nazi's do not go by the same requirements you do. To them having one Jewish parent makes her Jewish.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 08:43:09 PM »
What is actually your point of contention here?  The fact that the nazi site is using the memory of you friends daughter or the fact that her credentials as a Jew are not enough to classify her as being Jewish... I am sure the nazi's do not go by the same requirements you do. To them having one Jewish parent makes her Jewish.

My problem is that they are using my friends daughter as an example. She was a good woman, and even though she was not Jewish by birth, she was proud of her father and his religious beliefs... As the article mentions, her dog-tag identified her as Jewish, and a Star of David is on her memorial... It is sad that the Nazis hate us so much that my friends daughter is used like this...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:42 PM »
http://redseaped.blogspot.com/

Airman 1st Class ELIZABETH JACOBSON, 21, was killed providing convoy security Sept. 28 near Camp Bucca, Iraq, when the humvee she was riding in was hit by an improvised explosive device.

Jacobson was born in Florida, and raised near Fresno, California. She was assigned to the 17th Security Forces Squadron at Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas. Jacobson had been in the Air Force for two years and had been deployed to Iraq for more than three months. She was initially assigned to a detention camp in Iraq, but volunteered for more dangerous duty.

She is the first female Airman killed in the line of duty in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

“She was an outstanding Airman who embraced life and took on all the challenges and responsibilities with extraordinary commitment to her country, her comrades and her family,” said Col. Scott Bethel, 17th Training Wing commander at Goodfellow.

As reported by the New York Jewish Week, "The terrorist attacks of 9-11 had motivated Elizabeth Nicole Jacobson, an 11th-grader when the terror attacks occurred, to join the military. 'I told her over two years ago that enlisting after 9-11 meant she would definitely see combat,”'her father, David, recalls. “She said she was prepared for that. She believed that being there [in Iraq] meant not fighting them here.'''

Jacobson had a complicated religious background, like many children of inter-faith families. Her father, David Jacobson, is Jewish, while Elizabeth's mother, Marianne, is not Jewish. Her parents divorced when she was a young child and Elizabeth was baptized and mostly raised Christian. However, her father began a journey to become a much more religious Jew about five years ago and is Orthodox, today.

Her father's Orthodox Judaism greatly interested Elizabeth and, on her own volition, she requested that the word "Jewish" be put on her dog tags before being sent to Iraq.

David Jacobson was touched by this gesture, even though as an Orthodox Jew, he realized his daughter was not Jewish as Jewishness is defined by traditional Jewish law (under traditional Jewish law--one's mother must be Jewish or one must convert to Judaism via an Orthodox recognized conversion. The Reform wing of American Judaism, by contrast, recognizes the children of Jewish fathers as "Jewish," even without a formal conversion, if the child of a Jewish father demonstrates his or her affiliation to the Jewish religion through certain life-cycle events like bar or bat mitzvah.)

One Jewish newspaper quotes David Jacobson and Elizabeth's paternal grandfather as saying that Airman Jacobson had expressed a desire to convert to Orthodox Judaism upon her return to the States. Another Jewish newspaper piece leaves this a bit less clear. It is clear that her father's transformation from a secular Jew to a religious one had impressed and affected Airman Jacobson.

Elizabeth Jacobson was buried in a non-denominational ceremony that incorporated some Jewish traditions--including a plain shroud and plain coffin. Touchingly, David Jacobson added that he said the Jewish prayer for the dead for his daughter---the Talmud, he said, allows a Jewish parent to mourn a non-Jewish child in this way.

At the funeral, Air Force officers presented her father and mother with American flags. Her family also received Elizabeth Jacobson's Bronze Star and Purple Heart.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 09:00:45 PM »
My problem is that they are using my friends daughter as an example. She was a good woman, and even though she was not Jewish by birth, she was proud of her father and his religious beliefs... As the article mentions, her dog-tag identified her as Jewish, and a Star of David is on her memorial... It is sad that the Nazis hate us so much that my friends daughter is used like this...

Yes, that is what bothers me as well with this story... If her dog tags actually identified her as a Jew she must have though enough of her fathers religion to go into that very dangerous part of the world knowing the people she was fighting would deal even more harshly with her if she was ever captured... If the "Magen David" is actually on her memorial it might be because one day she would have actually taken steps to making a full conversion... In my opinion it would be wrong of us to argue she was not actually Jewish... Our argument to the nazi scum is what difference does it really make what her religion was...

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 09:08:03 PM »
The article which upset me was making the accusation that Jews do not die fighting for America while we are the 'Neo-cons' who bring America to wars. I find that accusation insulting. My father served in the Army and at his funeral the Army came to give him a salute. I don't have statistics but I believe that Jews are represented in the American military at the same rate as our ratio to the general population. That site was saying that Jewish numbers are 'manipulated' to make us seem like a smaller minority than we are...

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
The article which upset me was making the accusation that Jews do not die fighting for America while we are the 'Neo-cons' who bring America to wars. I find that accusation insulting. My father served in the Army and at his funeral the Army came to give him a salute. I don't have statistics but I believe that Jews are represented in the American military at the same rate as our ratio to the general population. That site was saying that Jewish numbers are 'manipulated' to make us seem like a smaller minority than we are...

In my fathers VFW post there were quite a few Jewish members that were WW2 veterans... Most of them were secular Jews however in my mind they were Jewish veterans just the same... If a study were to be done over the last century I am sure that Jewish Americans have more than pulled their weight as far as service goes for the American military... Let the nazi site go screw itself... Jewish Americans have always been very proud to stand up for their country... This is something the  Americans people have seen over the years... The nazi site is barking up the wrong tree with this sort of disinformation.