Author Topic: My wife just gave me a good laugh!!!!  (Read 2433 times)

Allen-T

My wife just gave me a good laugh!!!!
« on: June 10, 2007, 03:12:27 PM »
My wife turns to me laughing and says, "remember that time we were watching some European video channel and that video came on by those 2 blacks and you said "only miggers would write a song claiming it's a big deal they take baths and bragging about it!" [warning; a few cuss words, surprise,surprise];

;D ;D ;D ;D

My wife says on the way to the pub that night I made up a whole new version, though I don't recall :(

Imerica

Re: My wife just gave me a good laugh!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:50:41 AM »
I love that song. Its funny and colorful. I must tell you though, they didn't curse once... mostly because its edited... MotherFUNKER isn't profane. Their loud style (colors, coats and such) reminds me a little of George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic. I like it. There was no shooting, prostituting...and not once did Big Boi or Andre call a woman a "ho or [censored]".

Allen-T

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 07:29:34 AM »
I love that song. Its funny and colorful. I must tell you though, they didn't curse once... mostly because its edited... MotherFUNKER isn't profane. Their loud style (colors, coats and such) reminds me a little of George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic. I like it. There was no shooting, prostituting...and not once did Big Boi or Andre call a woman a "ho or kurva".

Maybe I misheard funker as you know what. It's a lame Parliament rip off. And I wasn't too big on the disco/Parliament side of the mothership, preferring the psychedelic maelstrom of the Funkadelic Lps on Westbound[Funkadelic,Free Your Mind,Maggot Brain,America Eats It's Young,Let's Take It To The Stage,etc.] Have you ever heard the Ruth Copeland Lp from that era backed by them?

Offline MarZutra

• Ultimate JTFer
    • BLOODBATH OF THE LEFT
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:35:22 AM »
My Lord...  They are animals....  True simians...  The missing link to evolution has been found... :embarassed:
"‘Vehorashtem/Numbers 33:53’: When you burn out the Land’s inhabitants, you will merit to bestow upon your children the Land as an inheritance. If you do not burn them out, then even if you conquer the Land, you will not merit to allot it to your children as an inheritance." - Ovadiah ben Yacov Sforno; Italian Rabbi, Biblical Commentator, Philosopher and Physician.  1475-1550.

Imerica

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 10:21:56 AM »
My Lord...  They are animals....  True simians...  The missing link to evolution has been found... :embarassed:
...yadda..yadda...yadda...

Its called Freedom of Expression for a reason. Im just happy that there was no gun violence or gangster references in the song. In fact a lot of Outkast's songs are like what you saw there. I frown on songs that I actually grew up listening to that had harsh messages. NWA...I HATE. Dr. Dre.... I HATE. I like some Ice Cube, but I'm selective like that. He has gangster raps but he's also known for raps with messages.. for instance a rap called  "Be True to The Game" which talks about blacks acting a certain way to get acceptance from the white man. Those are who I call fakes. Instead of being cool with everyone, they pick and choose a race to be cool with.

But then again, I was half the age I am now when some of those songs came out.

And as far as calling Outkast 'animals, semians....etc.', KISS was called similar names. (They're one of my favorite bands and I'm no fan of metal at all. )

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 08:09:38 PM »

Mindless comment.

For a rap act they have made some incredibly catchy songs (i.e. "Bombs Over Baghdad", "Hey Ya", etc.).

Imerica

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 02:09:30 AM »

Mindless comment.

For a rap act they have made some incredibly catchy songs (i.e. "Bombs Over Baghdad", "Hey Ya", etc.).
"Bombs Over Baghdad" is one of my faves from them. There seems to always be a hidden message that screams "team players suck", in their songs. Maybe its in their style of dress, the way they dance, or the way in which they speak that is so intriguing to me.... which reminds me, I need to get a hold of Maroon 5's new CD.