Author Topic: Does this generation deserve the moshiach?  (Read 576 times)

Offline The proud Jew

• Pro JTFer
Does this generation deserve the moshiach?
« on: March 16, 2011, 12:07:13 AM »
I have recently have been thinking do we as the jewish people deserve moshiach right now? I came up with the conclusion that we are not an united jewish people because of the huge rifts between the secullars and the observers.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Does this generation deserve the moshiach?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2011, 01:03:02 AM »
I have recently have been thinking do we as the jewish people deserve moshiach right now? I came up with the conclusion that we are not an united jewish people because of the huge rifts between the secullars and the observers.

I am not a pessimist, but I must concur that Jewish Unity really seems like a dream to me today. It has gotten worse over the years, and it will take a real wake-up call to return us to One Nation which camps at the base of the mountain {reference to Parasha Shemot at Mt Sinai}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:04:52 AM »
Another thought to ponder:

The Jewish people did not 'merit' redemption from Egypt. As the sages say, we had sunk to the 49th level of impurity. If we had sunk any further we would have been lost to history and assimilated into the Egyptian people. So there are times when Moshiach may 'Have To' come because otherwise we would be completely lost. I am not hoping for that situation, as Moshiach can also come when we merit it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 01:52:58 AM »
I believe it will come at any moment (Rambam)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 02:00:34 AM »
I believe it will come at any moment (Rambam)

I remember that every day. It is important to remind ourselves or else we soon loose hope that it will happen. I believe that three things are important, Emunah, Bitachon, & Mitzvot.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »

Perhaps the answer to your question is no, but I don't believe that question or its answer should factor into anything we do either as inidividuals or as a nation