Author Topic: Joy Behar: Jews In ConcentrationCamps Made Jokes About Each Other And The Nazi's  (Read 732 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/03/16/joy-behar-i-m-sure-people-concentration-camps-made-jokes-about-each-o

Joy Behar: 'I’m Sure People In Concentration Camps Made Jokes About Each Other and The Nazis'

Joy Behar on Wednesday made a staggeringly stupid comment on "The View" that is so inane it requires no additional setup.

"I’m sure people in concentration camps made jokes about each other, about the Nazis, about their situation. That’s the way people relieve stress" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/checker.aspx?v=hdaG8zuz4z

SHERRI SHEPHERD: And I understand what Joan Rivers is saying. You know, comedians, we can get inappropriate to make people feel better. I go, the type of jokes that Gottfried was doing, who is that making feel better? Those jokes, the jokes were mean-spirited. So who was feeling better from the type of jokes that he was doing as a comic?

JOY BEHAR: I don’t know, maybe people who just need relief from the terror of it all. I don’t know, but I mean, I’m sure people in concentration camps made jokes about each other, about the Nazis, about their situation. That’s the way people relieve stress.

SHEPHERD: You said people in concentration camps made jokes? Now, I don’t know if they did or not.

BEHAR: I’m sure they did.

If you need to know more than this foursome was chatting about the termination of comedian Gilbert Gottfried by Aflac for some insensitive comments he tweeted over the weekend regarding the tragedy in Japan, please see Jeff Poor's piece at the Daily Caller.

From my perspective, the context is largely irrelevant.

No matter what this moron says, Jews that were eventually killed in Hitler's concentration camps, and those that actually survived, weren't making jokes about each other or the Nazis.

You don't joke around when you're starving to death, freezing to death, and watching your friends and family members being slaughtered like livestock.

Think about it. How would such comedy surface?

"Hey, Moishe, did you hear the one about the commandant who shot twelve prisoners in five seconds but was disappointed because he was going for a baker's dozen?"

"Ouch. That's like missing the extra point in a tie game with no time left on the clock"

"D'oh!"

Yeah, I bet that would have had them rolling in the aisles at Auschwitz, Joy!

Ms. Behar should do Jews all around the world a favor: stop with the Nazi references. That got her in trouble with the Anti-Defamation League a few years ago.

I guess she didn't learn her lesson for it won't surprise me at all if they're putting together another letter to her as we speak.

Stay tuned.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
She's an idiot
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Remember when this cow walked off The View when Bill O'Reilly said muslims attacked America on 9/11? Speaking the truth offends her but mocking the holocaust and all the people who were killed is just fine to her. Pretty evil if you ask me.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I really can't stand that pig or the other pigs on that show. I have no idea why Elizabeth Hasselback insist on staying with these hogs.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I really can't stand that pig or the other pigs on that show. I have no idea why Elizabeth Hasselback insist on staying with these hogs.
Thats true
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
She really must be one of the most stupid people on tv.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer

She makes a ridiculous amount of money. ;)
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
I don't know..... I mean, personally, I need to make jokes about sad things in order to deal with the pain. Besides, everything comes from Hashem anyways so there comes a time where you have to accept and even rejoice that Hashem "potched" you....The gemara elaborates further.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Larry the Cable Guy told Hannity that he recently saw Behar.  Hannity asked if he was a guest on The View.  He said no she was using the next urinal.  Now that is funny.  Behar is a dim whit.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.